GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Mokum, NL, Europe
New member of the GP family here (paps v3 #0109)! I have been leeching this thread (and the second half of part 1..) for quite some time, but was unable to contribute much without any GP experiences of my own. Must say this thread is a nice and friendly place to hang out.

The paps is a beautiful and smart little piece of technology. With no previous experience with mech mods it is still not hard to recognise the genius behind the GPin and the new button design!

The only disadvantage of this mod is that there is nothing to fiddle with.. it simply works as it should and does that very well. I just had to swap the battery side of the GPin with the included longer version to accommodate my AW18490s. Just for the fun of it I disassembled once to get to know my new company, but that was just too easy. Now I have to wait for the next chance to jump on a Heron, which will probably give me a bit more to fiddle with :)

(for the DHL fetishists among you: Sofia-Amsterdam in under 18 hours..)

Hrathor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Canton, MI
New member of the GP family here (paps v3 #0109)! I have been leeching this thread (and the second half of part 1..) for quite some time, but was unable to contribute much without any GP experiences of my own. Must say this thread is a nice and friendly place to hang out.

The paps is a beautiful and smart little piece of technology. With no previous experience with mech mods it is still not hard to recognise the genius behind the GPin and the new button design!

The only disadvantage of this mod is that there is nothing to fiddle with.. it simply works as it should and does that very well. I just had to swap the battery side of the GPin with the included longer version to accommodate my AW18490s. Just for the fun of it I disassembled once to get to know my new company, but that was just too easy. Now I have to wait for the next chance to jump on a Heron, which will probably give me a bit more to fiddle with :)

Welcome to the family Cmoke. There's lot's of good company in here.

Akdare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
DFW, Texas
A little while back myself and someone else bought some voltage meters on a whim. I think it was Akdare??

Anyways , a LOT of dremeling and some gorilla glue later I have my DIY battery checker. Not including the old charger the only cost was the voltage meter , which was under $2 with shipping.

That used to be a 2 bay charger that got hacked to bits. Cutting through the circuit board so I could keep the spring loaded connections and solder points for them was not super fun. Circuit board dust really stinks FYI.

Well done, Chad!

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com

Welcome to GP family and thank you very much for your feedback :)

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Is there a video or tutorial for the v3 for making adjustments for battery rattle?

Just exchange the pin of the GPin with the longer one from the bag with the spares. Unscrew the cover of the GPin, remove the pin, insert the longer one, close tight and voila!

StrikeIII

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Chicago

Welcome Cmoke! :toast:

StrikeIII

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Chicago
My Trio...
3e3uty9e.jpg

GP Paps V3 | Custom KFL+ in hybrid 18500 mode
uqame6uj.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

BILLB OKC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
oklahoma city
Just exchange the pin of the GPin with the longer one from the bag with the spares. Unscrew the cover of the GPin, remove the pin, insert the longer one, close tight and voila!

I did this and got a dead short just like BlackBag did. I loosened the black insulator and everything seems to be working great. :)

Newfdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2013
Portland, Maine USA
woASFss.jpg

With Perseas blessing, I was honored and delighted to receive and test the prototype version of the upcoming GP Spheroid V3 and am excited to share a few pictures and thoughts.
First of all, I tip my hat to Perseas for listening to the many GP Fans that loved the Spheroid but, wanted a bit more airflow to go along with it. Many including myself would rate the Spheroid as the top atomizer in our vaping world. Now, the rest that needed more air will make it theirs.

At first glance, you will notice there are two very adequate air holes on the exterior base. I will tell you that with the new edition of the air holes there is plenty of air circulating up through the chimney to keep lung hitters alike with a permanent smile.
iMJTZRp.jpg

Breaking the Spheroid down and comparatively inspecting it with the previous version, I noticed a few changes. One of them was the taller air chamber rise on the top of the base under the coil and wick. I see benefit in that any juice on the deck from over wicking or over filling will less likely drain into the base. I also suspect being closer to the coil will allow a better flavored vape(this seems impossible as it is awesome already).
I remember Perseas often instructing builders to keep their coil/wick 1mm-1.5mm from the center hole for a better experience.

When I received the V3 I immediately took it apart to inspect...I struggled with the top cap as it would not unscrew. Finally, after staring at it and willing it off it hit me. It is press fitted with an oring! I must say it is a PERFECT fit! I love it!

I find it is quite easy to push it off from the bottom bell. The o-ring size is perfect and the tolerance fit could not be better. Most of us Spheroid lovers know that on the previous version the top cap often took some work to unscrew. Now it installs and removes like a dream.
ZxayglJ.jpg

The vapor production is incredible and the airflow is amazing. I can not wait for the release.

I, once again am ever impressed by Team GP as all of their devices move forward in advanced design. I also find it very refreshing that Perseas cares enough to always listen to his fans trying to satisfy every group of vapors and he nails it every time.

GP you nailed it with the V3. Thank you for thinking of us. Love you Brother!
g7gRKvM.jpg

Je42SDG.jpg

*Note - the prototype shown may not depict the final design or release. Photos are property of Idaholandho and GP.

Just catching up again :)

excellent write-up Idabro !!

:) and plan on another.

You KNOW I'll be in line for a few of theese :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread