Gripper Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Yes...I'd like to see more such diagrams of our equipment.

Me too!

I've been churning around the idea of having an open source drawing section. I know there has to be people with cool cad skills and we'd love to be able to help make mods for/with you :)

I think once we have our molds in place and first runs for the 'Hamel' we're going go open source with the specs so people can fool, tweak, improve and run them on 3d printers or cnc machines. May be a stupid idea as anyone can then copy and produce a product but it's all in the spirit of what ECF is. Plus anyone can copy and produce a product as it is now anyway..

So of course there's another motive.. Being an ecf member since 2009, there have been so many ideas that were born from here and other similar forums. It's great to see manufacturers taking the ideas, improving, manufacturing and making them available to those that don't have the resources to make them but seems people are applying for patents that may have been born from open source and the more patents that are granted on e-cig technology, the more ability BT and BP will have to control the market once the fda dust settles. Who isn't going to sell thier patent and walk away with some $$$ if they can.

I say the more open source, the better for the e-cig industry..

hoog

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
This. Methinks you'll find open sourcing won't really hurt your business at all. Time will tell, and it's a fantastic experiment.

Me too!

I've been churning around the idea of having an open source drawing section. I know there has to be people with cool cad skills and we'd love to be able to help make mods for/with you :)

I think once we have our molds in place and first runs for the 'Hamel' we're going go open source with the specs so people can fool, tweak, improve and run them on 3d printers or cnc machines. May be a stupid idea as anyone can then copy and produce a product but it's all in the spirit of what ECF is. Plus anyone can copy and produce a product as it is now anyway..

So of course there's another motive.. Being an ecf member since 2009, there have been so many ideas that were born from here and other similar forums. It's great to see manufacturers taking the ideas, improving, manufacturing and making them available to those that don't have the resources to make them but seems people are applying for patents that may have been born from open source and the more patents that are granted on e-cig technology, the more ability BT and BP will have to control the market once the fda dust settles. Who isn't going to sell thier patent and walk away with some $$$ if they can.

I say the more open source, the better for the e-cig industry..

hoog

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
I know most of you are in love with 510 attys and cartos, but I wish Hoog would eventually do one of these for 801 cartos as well .. MV's black 801 carto is the vape daddy IMHO! 42 drops of juice, good vapor at 3.7, killer at 5v .. of course Janty already did the stick with recessed 801. Still wish they would have that option for MV's mod.

Janty Stick w/801 MV carto

801 Pretty good vapor even at 3.7v

PS: I guess I need a new computer, this webcam makes me look bald headed :)

Last edited:

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I agree. I think VV and dual coil (including 808's) are going to be hot for a while.. I'd like to see a VV switch that varies the voltage depending on how hard you push instead of the manual adjustment thing. Maybe it could have setpoints or clicks as you push, 1 click is 3.7 volts, push a little harder to get to the second click and then it's 4.0 volts or something like that.

hoog

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
I agree. I think VV and dual coil (including 808's) are going to be hot for a while.. I'd like to see a VV switch that varies the voltage depending on how hard you push instead of the manual adjustment thing. Maybe it could have setpoints or clicks as you push, 1 click is 3.7 volts, push a little harder to get to the second click and then it's 4.0 volts or something like that.

hoog
I really like that concept a lot!

Bucktoothzombie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Indiana
Great idea
I would suggest that the trigger (good name for it by the way) only have two set points then. The first would be a light push of the button. And say something like 4.2v and then push harder till the button clicks and it would set the volts @5. 4. Something like that.

Heck since we're dreaming let's also put a pot on there so it can be manually adjusted too. And let make it so you can set your own pre sets on the button as well.

Ok I think that'll work for now.

Oh and it lets make a box type as well that'll hold two 18650.(like the one I'm waiting for you to release when you get the boxes)

OK that's it.. FOR now :)

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com

hoog

I'll take three! Where do I sign? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread