Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Repost Chak, the spikes attachment seems too hot to handle first time round!

Better? :D

Ohm, the political stuff is still going on... the opposition party is setting up road blocks all round town, blocking election centers and trying to keep things messed up. But still pretty much peacefully.

Ray, take care, dude! Been there done that... passing out and falling smack on my face, not the gallbladder. Not fun either way....

Ray D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
PA
Me too Ray! But compliments get rarer, so I'll take one when given with appropriate grins ! Anyway isn't it time for young men with staples in the head to think about turning in? You hear me young man! Dont you make me come after you!

I appreciate the concern. But you are not aware of my sleeping habits. My normal turn in is around 5 a.m. I usually average 5 hours of sleep a night (all I need unless sick).

But I am also - as you pointed out - potentially (probably) concussed. So I need hourly wake ups to check and make sure I don't slip into something bad, and that I'm still alert and oriented.

My better half gets up around 5:30. I'll turn in when she wakes. She'll keep tabs on me. I'm to wake her at the first hint that something may be wrong in the meantime.

---------

Speaking of taking things where you can get them...

I know they were just being nice and keeping my spirits up. But having 3 young, very attractive nurses fawning all over you (even referring to me as sweetie, honey, dear, etc) for a few hours does wonders for a man's ego. :D

When I first got there, they had to remove all of my clothing. But I was strapped in the board and my head and neck were harnessed. So... they cut them all off. 3 (again) younger and very attractive girls cutting and ripping off my clothes as fast as they can?

Not the way I'd fantasized about it. But there's one thing I can check off my bucket list. :)

Last edited:

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Awwww that's good to know that your lady is looking out for you. Excellent! And it'll make Bronze happy too - you DO know how he worries. Wish I could get by with 5 hours! Oh! And don't mention the nurses too much, otherwise we'll end up with a whole spate of army males slippin and trippin on the ice.....ROFLMAO!!!!

I appreciate the concern. But you are not aware of my sleeping habits. My normal turn in is around 5 a.m. I usually average 5 hours of sleep a night (all I need unless sick).

But I am also - as you pointed out - potentially (probably) concussed. So I need hourly wake ups to check and make sure I don't slip into something bad, and that I'm still alert and oriented.

My better half gets up around 5:30. I'll turn in when she wakes. She'll keep tabs on me. I'm to wake her at the first hint that something may be wrong in the meantime.

---------

Speaking of taking things where you can get them...

I know they were just being nice and keeping my spirits up. But having 3 young, very attractive nurses fawning all over you (even referring to me as sweetie, honey, dear, etc) for a few hours does wonders for a man's ego. :D

When I first got there, they had to remove all of my clothing. But I was strapped in the board and my head and neck were harnessed. So... they cut them all off. 3 (again) younger and very attractive girls cutting and ripping off my clothes as fast as they can?

Not the way I'd fantasized about it. But there's one thing I can check off my bucket list. :)

Jazzmom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2012
New York
No improvements Hula :( I guess it is getting worse, but the cardiologist says it isn't life threatening. Gee thanks, but he isn't living with it!!! Atrial Fibrillation and PVC's ( sounds like something from Home Depot)

I will definitely be back more when I can. And I do believe that everyone here will look out for me better than the Drs!!

Must be going as it is almost 3:30 am ( yup, insomnia too!)

So nice to talk with you again.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Ray I'm sorry you had that rough of a day..hope all is getting better for you. RJ I'm so glad you son enjoys spending time in the kitchen with you...he will appreciate that when he heads off to college. Dusty...Bronze is correct I'm pretty shy about posting pictures, heck I didn't even have enough FB posts to make a video. Robin glad you're feeling better just keep an eye on things. Rectic....quit bashing my Bud Light:laugh:
I callz em as I seez em IG , TMI about their brewing process ?

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Hell of a day. Maybe my subconscious wanted to try to keep up with Robin. Or maybe misery just loves company. Went into work with no issues around 2. Around 2:30, I started having a pretty intense pain in my upper abdomen. Now, this isn't my first time. I had a significant gall attack in December. But with the absence of stones, they couldn't exactly say why it happened. This pain was familiar. I have an antispasmotic medication for if I get an attack. Never needed it. After 10 minutes of pain, I'm seriously considering leaving work to go take one and lie down. Good thing I didn't... I told a coworker I was feeling a little light headed. He said "Yeah, you look kinda pale." That's the last thing I remember. I woke up with my boss anchoring my head and telling me not to move. The ambulance is on its way. Apparently I blacked out and SLAMMED the back of my head off the concrete floor. Opening a 6 inch gash. They say I was out cold 30-60 seconds. I do remember dreaming. The odd thing was, my stomach didn't hurt anymore. Go figure. So here comes the ambulance. Collar on, back brace, strapped in tight like a sardine in a can and off we go. Spent the next 7 hours in the ER, first for tests on my head and spine, then for tests on my abdomen. Of course, they can't find an obvious cause. Good news is, my head and spine is ok (although a concussion is probably likely). They believe it was another gall attack and the pain triggered a response that caused me to pass out. More doctors and tests on Friday. And all this with the storm of the year heading our way too - depending on who you listen to, anywhere from a foot, to 30 inches of snow, 30-40 mph winds (drifts sealing you into your house are always fun). And I'm not supposed to exert myself for no less than 48 hours. >.< At least I'm home and warm. Did someone say beer? :) I'm mostly a Guinness man myself. Draught when I want something refreshing. Extra Stout when I want something heavier. And Foreign Extra Stout when I want to be kicked in the throat. On tap is always best, but in my podunk neck of the woods, good luck with that. I've had some good smaller brewery beers too. My favorite might be Founder's Double Chocolate Oatmeal Breakfast Stout. Worst beer ever? It's no contest at all. Iron City. Seriously. If you're ever in the Pittsburgh area... don't. ;)
I haven't had the displeasure of Gall stones but I've had kidney stones , absolutely the worst pain I've ever felt , can't imagine cracking my head on top of that , man you better take it easy till they figure out what's going on with you , Hula's Huntsman regiment needs you man , take care Ray .

Ray D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
PA
I haven't had the displeasure of Gall stones but I've had kidney stones , absolutely the worst pain I've ever felt , can't imagine cracking my head on top of that , man you better take it easy till they figure out what's going on with you , Hula's Huntsman regiment needs you man , take care Ray .

No stones. The attacks are coming from another mechanism that they haven't fully determined yet.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Just in case you didn't know Ray it takes a separate system to have Guinness on tap , it uses nitrogen instead of CO2 , a lot of bars don't want to dedicate the space for it , but it really makes Guinness unique , the nitrogen doesn't have the bite of CO2 and it holds the head longer , love that rich creamy almost dark roasted coffee flavor that it has , even Anthony Bourdain calls it the finest beer ever made , we're lucky enough to have a few pubs that have it on tap , it's a beergasm IMO nothing better .

Ray D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
PA
Just in case you didn't know Ray it takes a separate system to have Guinness on tap , it uses nitrogen instead of CO2 , a lot of bars don't want to dedicate the space for it , but it really makes Guinness unique , the nitrogen doesn't have the bite of CO2 and it holds the head longer , love that rich creamy almost dark roasted coffee flavor that it has , even Anthony Bourdain calls it the finest beer ever made , we're lucky enough to have a few pubs that have it on tap , it's a beergasm IMO nothing better .

You bet. Which is why it's so hard to find in these parts. (read: impossible)

Their "Draught" is the closest I can get to "on tap." It's not the same, but it's a reasonable alternative. Pour it quickly into a glass. Allow to settle. Top off. Yum.

The only time I tend to get a true Guinness on tap is when I'm on vacation.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
You bet. Which is why it's so hard to find in these parts. (read: impossible) Their "Draught" is the closest I can get to "on tap." It's not the same, but it's a reasonable alternative. Pour it quickly into a glass. Allow to settle. Top off. Yum. The only time I tend to get a true Guinness on tap is when I'm on vacation.
Agreed , I buy the Draught to drink at home , it's the next best thing .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread