Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Hello! Feeling pretty good today so thought I’d pop on.
Got my tiny little mod and tank I ordered in a haze. It’s so little and has limited ability to do anything fancy, but it’s working well for me and my needs. It is the istick trim and I think it’s been out a while but I’m enjoying it. Anything that keeps me from having to coil and wick something is a treat these days.
I have no hair at all and am learning some pretty scarf wrapping. I have a wig but it’s itchy and I haven’t quite figured out how to fit it securely on my head so I worry when it’s on that it’ll fall off! Lol!! Round 3 of chemo is Tues. going to try fasting before during and after to see if that helps my GI issues. Human trials aren’t established yet but the idea is... well never mind... it’s a long idea, I’ll find a link. It’s a long article if anyone is interested.

To fast, or not to fast before chemotherapy, that is the question

Basically I’m desperate for some relief and I’ll try anything.

Hope everyone has been well! I’m off to do some errands while I can :)

there is a "spray on bandage" ( dont remember exactly what the name was) that puts a thin coat of film on the skin... the wifey sed it worked reasonably well to reduce the itchies..

but there is always the second choice... wig pins ( the long T shaped ones) but be careful, they cause severe headaches and bleeding ;) think Hell Raisers

:evil:

Last edited:
Reactions: MostlySunny

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
well its day 3 and I found out that quite a bit of beer can be consumed ;) especially at a German wedding.. :)
I found a place that sells the St. Bernardus... Huntsville Al. ( Whole Foods) picked up a 4 pack while I was there.
yup... me and the wifey went to Huntsville ( 480 miles one way) for her nephews wedding... he met a girl in Germany ( while working there for the Government)
and her family came here for the wedding... kewl bunch of people :)
There is a "custom" that all of the wedding guest break the dinner ware at the pre wedding party. Then the bride and groom get to clean up the mess "together" to enhance the responsibility of cleaning up things between themselves when an issue "outside" becomes a problem... uhhh basically work together when things go bad... I told them thats not the true meaning of the custom of breaking dinnerware...
I told them that now you know how difficult it is to clean up such a mess..... when you get mad, throw things that dont break ;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Evening.... Did my store thing today and mowed the yard. The one ceiling light in my narrow kitchen never had a switch for it. It had a pull chain. Not a big deal really. Anyway I put a fan (single bulb) in when I moved in. I bought this today and replaced the fan.. https://www.costco.com/Koda-Motion-...ht-with-Remote-Control.product.100409306.html Have it set to come on when i walk in and shut off one minute after i walk out. They had a couple better looking ones but they didn't have the light specs I prefer.. Has to be 5000k light temp. I stopped doing soft light a long time ago..
Should help with the carpel tunnel. :)

The Honda made it home. I beat the Map 14 hour drive time by 10 minutes; have already unpacked my stuff and had a quick dinner. I won't be making that trek again anytime soon.

@MostlySunny I think about you all the time, sending virtual hugs my friend.
Welcome home!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hello! Feeling pretty good today so thought I’d pop on.
Got my tiny little mod and tank I ordered in a haze. It’s so little and has limited ability to do anything fancy, but it’s working well for me and my needs. It is the istick trim and I think it’s been out a while but I’m enjoying it. Anything that keeps me from having to coil and wick something is a treat these days.
I have no hair at all and am learning some pretty scarf wrapping. I have a wig but it’s itchy and I haven’t quite figured out how to fit it securely on my head so I worry when it’s on that it’ll fall off! Lol!! Round 3 of chemo is Tues. going to try fasting before during and after to see if that helps my GI issues. Human trials aren’t established yet but the idea is... well never mind... it’s a long idea, I’ll find a link. It’s a long article if anyone is interested.

To fast, or not to fast before chemotherapy, that is the question

Basically I’m desperate for some relief and I’ll try anything.

Hope everyone has been well! I’m off to do some errands while I can :)
Maybe you'll like being hairless and will keep it that way. Low maintenance. :)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Morning Army. Using a steroid cream (clobetasol propionate) for this issue with my hands and feet, but 2.2 oz (60 g) doesn't last long on both hands and both feet. So I went to Walmart to get the prescription renewed, and Insurance won't renew it until 6/15.
Medical Service Providers at their finest, ever chained by Insurance Regulations. Yeh, yeah, I know there are nurses here, but try to remember years ago I did volunteer work at the local drug and alcohol rehab (called Behavioral Science Center these days). 11 forms to admit a patient. One for the patient, two for the center (lawyers) and eight forms for Insurance. And that was before the Affordable Care Act, so I would hate to even think about it now.
But Mamaw is home, and a good breakfast is always welcomed on Sunday Morning :thumbs:

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good Morning Army. Using a steroid cream (clobetasol propionate) for this issue with my hands and feet, but 2.2 oz (60 g) doesn't last long on both hands and both feet. So I went to Walmart to get the prescription renewed, and Insurance won't renew it until 6/15.
Medical Service Providers at their finest, ever chained by Insurance Regulations. Yeh, yeah, I know there are nurses here, but try to remember years ago I did volunteer work at the local drug and alcohol rehab (called Behavioral Science Center these days). 11 forms to admit a patient. One for the patient, two for the center (lawyers) and eight forms for Insurance. And that was before the Affordable Care Act, so I would hate to even think about it now.
But Mamaw is home, and a good breakfast is always welcomed on Sunday Morning :thumbs:

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)
Move to Guatemala, renounce your US citizenship, walk back into the US and claim asylum and you will get all the healthcare you want with no paperwork requirements. :)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
well its day 3 and I found out that quite a bit of beer can be consumed ;) especially at a German wedding.. :)
I found a place that sells the St. Bernardus... Huntsville Al. ( Whole Foods) picked up a 4 pack while I was there.
yup... me and the wifey went to Huntsville ( 480 miles one way) for her nephews wedding... he met a girl in Germany ( while working there for the Government)
and her family came here for the wedding... kewl bunch of people :)
There is a "custom" that all of the wedding guest break the dinner ware at the pre wedding party. Then the bride and groom get to clean up the mess "together" to enhance the responsibility of cleaning up things between themselves when an issue "outside" becomes a problem... uhhh basically work together when things go bad... I told them thats not the true meaning of the custom of breaking dinnerware...
I told them that now you know how difficult it is to clean up such a mess..... when you get mad, throw things that dont break ;)

Hope you like the St Bernardus. I get it in the pint bottle.. Picked up a bottle of Saison Dupont Farmhouse Ale to try yesterday. Have to see if I like this style. Saison Dupont | Brasserie Dupont sprl

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
We have a few people lately (again) that don't read the OP of threads and just post
their blabberings :facepalm:

What rules ?

Me ? Huh ?

smh...
If you promise to look the other way I'll promise to tear him up and do what you can't admit you'd like to do. :D

• Informative
Reactions: mac-nutty

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
If you promise to look the other way I'll promise to tear him up and do what you can't admit you'd like to do. :D

Been there. Waiting for Classy to drop the hammer...

Although I did later try to get that thread back on topic !

Users who are viewing this thread