Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Had a long kitchen day today.

I made:
  • Shea, coconut oil cream with Jojoba & Rosemary. I melted down 2.5 jars of the first batch and used it to make a new batch with a better ratio. Less oily, more creamy.
  • Sourdough buttermilk biscuits.
  • White Kimchi — using a whole head of cabbage in a darn big jar. This version has no red pepper flakes.
  • Cucumber kimchi — worst part is dicing garlic & ginger and julienned carrot. So much slicing!
  • Ginger Tea with honey and lemon.
I did a lot of dishes today. ;)

Most days right around 4 pm I hear the song of a Bullocks Oriole with coloration like this one. It’s a joyous sound! It’s either a female or an adolescent male. Adult males have deep orange where this one is tan or gold.

I have a monocular and enjoyed a long show yesterday afternoon while it was perched on the palm tree near our balcony. I’m not usually into bird watching, but I had to see the source of such beautiful music. Searched online images to find out what kind of bird the singer was.

We take joy where we find it. :)

View attachment 846899
I don't think we have those kind of Orioles here. Not that I've seen anyway.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I don't think we have those kind of Orioles here. Not that I've seen anyway.

They used to be considered related to Baltimore Orioles, but they are not. They are in the blackbird family.

In a store parking lot I’d always hear another lovely songbird. When I finally saw it, I realized it was jet black. By the song I was expecting colorful plumage! I thought, “Bird, back East you’d be making a nasty CAW in a cornfield!”

And now I finally “get” that old Beatles song. And you all will have it as an earworm today. :)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Morning Army. Half alive. Still congested but it comes and goes. Day three of my meds today. Maybe it will get better. At least I'm vaping for the first time since Friday.
I had the funk last week , Zyrtec helped a lot with the runny nose and cough .

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I had the funk last week , Zyrtec helped a lot with the runny nose and cough .
I have a bacterial infection (bronchitis). Probably from when I was sawing up a bunch of wood and breathed in the dust cuz I wasn't wearing a mask. I should know better. Anyway, doc gave me an antibiotic, steroid, cough suppressant, and an inhaler. It's going on 48 hours since I began the meds. There has been improvement but it's still there. Hoping it keeps improving. Not sure if the improvement is from the symptom relievers or the antibiotic/steroid regimen. Hoping the latter.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
@Bronze
I am now set up with temperature control successfully. 0.64 Ohm, SS316, 30 Watts and I like it. What temp do you generally use? I am at 450F now but I wondered what you consider both safe and enjoyable. I have re-read some of Petro's posts and - if I correctly understand - that may be a tad high or right at the upper limit, what are your thoughts?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
@Bronze
I am now set up with temperature control successfully. 0.64 Ohm, SS316, 30 Watts and I like it. What temp do you generally use? I am at 450F now but I wondered what you consider both safe and enjoyable. I have re-read some of Petro's posts and - if I correctly understand - that may be a tad high or right at the upper limit, what are your thoughts?
Congrats!

I want to say the limit is like 460 or 470 but I could be wrong. I vape at 420/430. You should try different temps and give each setting a chance to see what you like. Then in about a month go back and try power mode again and note the difference.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
@Bronze
Oh, and two oaks croaked over the summer so I have lots of saw work ahead of me. :(

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
A3C560EF-6E2C-4494-8D4D-17182A642FF4.jpeg

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I am here, and still ticking. I have been too busy lately. Weather issues, helping my Mom with things, babysat my grandbabies, birthday get together, now back to weather. I am behind on everything around here, to say the least. I finally caught up on the posts. BK, I read the saga of what you have gone through. It is heart wrenching to read. I hate it when people are in pain like that. I have felt under the weather from the coronal mass ejections that have been coming this way. We were at a Class 1 geo storm event. Ears ringing, off balance, the whole bit. Of course that is nothing compared to what you are going through. Pain is subjective. If you take something before it gets too bad, you are better off. If you wait until the pain is too much to deal with, it takes longer to get it under control. I am surprised the morphine did not help you more. I am glad you can tolerate the oxy instead though. I am not good about giving a number on the pain scale. You seem to have it down to a fine art. Mine goes something like this, yes it hurts a little, it is nagging pain, it is pretty bad, to this feels like childbirth pain-right before you are pushing. Only one time did I ever go to the ER with pain, and it was a kidney stone. The big one I didn't know about, but the smaller one on the other side was horrific.

I'm with April, fire that nurse. When I am in a lot of pain, I get cranky. I might offend the lady by telling her what I really thought about the way she was treating me, and that pain chart. I can't take hardly any pain meds, they make me sick as a dog. What works for some people, may not work for you. Everyone is different. I don't understand why they begrudge someone a pain med, if they are visibly in pain like that. I hope you get a better nurse next go round. I also hope your doctor had a wake up call too, about the subject of pain.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Congrats!

I want to say the limit is like 460 or 470 but I could be wrong. I vape at 420/430. You should try different temps and give each setting a chance to see what you like. Then in about a month go back and try power mode again and note the difference.

I am now in the same range. I sort of remember the 450 being the top safe area wanted to check. The "search" function gave just too many answers to look through. Thanks for the help, I'll stay where I am, 430F.

Edit to fix transposition of 450 from 405.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I am now in the same range. I sort of remember the 405 being the top safe area wanted to check. The "search" function gave just too many answers to look through. Thanks for the help, I'll stay where I am, 430F.
I'm pretty sure it is about that 460/470 range that is the limit. Many vapers are in the 380/390 range. So it's kind of all over the map. You'll just need to find what works best for you. Also, I have mine set at 20 watts. Theoretically, it doesn't matter with TC but I find if my watts are too high I get some spitting action. 20W works fine for me.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I'm pretty sure it is about that 460/470 range that is the limit. Many vapers are in the 380/390 range. So it's kind of all over the map. You'll just need to find what works best for you. Also, I have mine set at 20 watts. Theoretically, it doesn't matter with TC but I find if my watts are too high I get some spitting action. 20W works fine for me.

I am still experimenting with my preferred temperature. I was hoping that my preferred temp was not into the range that produces harmful by-products and it seems that I am OK.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread