Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Was gonna buy a used Echo backpack leaf blower from some guy off Craigslist but it turned out I didn't trust the guy so I told him forget it. So went on e-bay and bid on same model. Came up $45 short. Got another one expiring tonight at 10PM I'm gonna go for that one and see what happens.

I'm done messing around with leaves. I'm too old. I have this little handheld Husqvarna. Too small for leaf season. So I would rake and burn and haul. Well, that's too labor intensive so I'm just gonna buy one of those superblowers and blow the leaves. They cost about $500 new and I'm too cheap to pay that so I'm looking at used ones (preferably close to half that price). I need it only 6-8 weeks out of the year. And if there's crap wrong with it I can always fix it. That's what I do all the time anyway. Echo makes good stuff. One of the better brands behind Stihl.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
A guy who lives down the road from me has one of those Echo back packs. I have watched him and that thing looks so powerful, leaves are going 25 feet away from where he is standing. He loves it. If a hand held was that powerful the engine would blow your hands behind your back. I put a thumbs up if you can find one for the price that makes sense to you. I am like you, it would be used so few times it is tough to justify, seeing as how I have a two year old Stihl hand held. If I had thought it through, I would have done what you are doing.

Was gonna buy a used Echo backpack leaf blower from some guy off Craigslist but it turned out I didn't trust the guy so I told him forget it. So went on e-bay and bid on same model. Came up $45 short. Got another one expiring tonight at 10PM I'm gonna go for that one and see what happens.

I'm done messing around with leaves. I'm too old. I have this little handheld Husqvarna. Too small for leaf season. So I would rake and burn and haul. Well, that's too labor intensive so I'm just gonna buy one of those superblowers and blow the leaves. They cost about $500 new and I'm too cheap to pay that so I'm looking at used ones (preferably close to half that price). I need it only 6-8 weeks out of the year. And if there's crap wrong with it I can always fix it. That's what I do all the time anyway. Echo makes good stuff. One of the better brands behind Stihl.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
A guy who lives down the road from me has one of those Echo back packs. I have watched him and that thing looks so powerful, leaves are going 25 feet away from where he is standing. He loves it. If a hand held was that powerful the engine would blow your hands behind your back. I put a thumbs up if you can find one for the price that makes sense to you. I am like you, it would be used so few times it is tough to justify, seeing as how I have a two year old Stihl hand held. If I had thought it through, I would have done what you are doing.
I always knew those super blower backpacks would make short work out of leaf duty but I guess I kind of liked the exercise so I never got one. One reason why I reverted to a pushmower after I got rid of my lawn tractor. But geez, there's a limit yuh know? The amount of leaves here is overwhelming. I've had enough. Echo makes a few levels of those backpacks. Some blow better than others. I'm getting the one that is near the top. Not gonna mess around. Them little handhelds are perfect for driveways and sidewalks but if you want serious lawn n garden level stuff then you gotta get one of them superblowers.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I always knew those super blower backpacks would make short work out of leaf duty but I guess I kind of liked the exercise so I never got one. One reason why I reverted to a pushmower after I got rid of my lawn tractor. But geez, there's a limit yuh know? The amount of leaves here is overwhelming. I've had enough. Echo makes a few levels of those backpacks. Some blow better than others. I'm getting the one that is near the top. Not gonna mess around. Them little handhelds are perfect for driveways and sidewalks but if you want serious lawn n garden level stuff then you gotta get one of them superblowers.

True, I still have a corded electric blower that has been collecting dust since we moved here from a suburban subdivision. It was great there, 100 foot cord went all over and no where near the amount of leaves we have now. As that great American philosopher, Tim Allen, so famously said, "More power"!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
True, I still have a corded electric blower that has been collecting dust since we moved here from a suburban subdivision. It was great there, 100 foot cord went all over and no where near the amount of leaves we have now. As that great American philosopher, Tim Allen, so famously said, "More power"!
Yep, next time get the Binford 2000 Superblow Turbo Leaf, Branch & Tree Blower.

• Winner
Reactions: CMD-Ky

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
You’re welcome! I’m not a fan of aggressive oversharing of opinions and minute details of one’s personal history. But to each their own. ;)
Your example she actually kept it basically to one topic. Most of the time they are twice as long and include at least four unrelated topics. Your head spins by the end. Bless that girl! :)

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I am getting pretty good at this TC business. I got a small amount of Ti Grade 1 28 ga. It is a good vape at 390F on a DNA squonker. A drop or three down the ole drip tip with HHV DF then a good squonk and ahh.
I think I may ultimately prefer the Ti more than the SS.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I am getting pretty good at this TC business. I got a small amount of Ti Grade 1 28 ga. It is a good vape at 390F on a DNA squonker. A drop or three down the ole drip tip with HHV DF then a good squonk and ahh.
I think I may ultimately prefer the Ti more than the SS.
Never tried Ti.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
You’re welcome! I’m not a fan of aggressive oversharing of opinions and minute details of one’s personal history. But to each their own. ;)

I wouldn't be doing it (over sharing, that is) but it is kind of like reading a Salinger novel, sort of "Franny and Zoey" or "A Fine Day For Banana Fish". I wouldn't care to live it; I am a bit more self-contained. But it can be a good, and at times instructive, read.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
its warm and muggy here tonite, air is very still/calm. We had a touch of rain, just enuf to make everything damp and raise the humidity another 15%... sticky is a good description :)
got the computer area of the desk organized and tidy... must have had 9 extra power cords stuck in the multi plug thingie that were just sitting there. repositioned the sound system for the computer... now that was a job and a half, had to lift the desk a couple of inches off the floor to get all of the wires undone and untangled... the desk is made of solid walnut and weighs wayyy too much ( made it myself, so its overbuilt, meant to last forever ;) )
all thats left to do in the office proper is to organize the electronics work area... trying to decide if I want to move it over to the work table area or do a major clean up in the present location.... the extra room would be better but would require mounting another overhead lite over the work table.... but then again, an overhead lite is needed anyway for just about any work done on the work table ;)

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
I wouldn't be doing it (over sharing, that is) but it is kind of like reading a Salinger novel, sort of "Franny and Zoey" or "A Fine Day For Banana Fish". I wouldn't care to live it; I am a bit more self-contained. But it can be a good, and at times instructive, read.
I’ve always thought she should write a book. She has humor, intelligence, street smarts, and a way with words. Sometimes I feel like hugging her. I get reactions all over the place from her. Sometimes I don’t want to read her long paragraphs and sometimes I wish they were longer. :?: She’s a definite trip.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
its warm and muggy here tonite, air is very still/calm. We had a touch of rain, just enuf to make everything damp and raise the humidity another 15%... sticky is a good description :)
got the computer area of the desk organized and tidy... must have had 9 extra power cords stuck in the multi plug thingie that were just sitting there. repositioned the sound system for the computer... now that was a job and a half, had to lift the desk a couple of inches off the floor to get all of the wires undone and untangled... the desk is made of solid walnut and weighs wayyy too much ( made it myself, so its overbuilt, meant to last forever ;) )
all thats left to do in the office proper is to organize the electronics work area... trying to decide if I want to move it over to the work table area or do a major clean up in the present location.... the extra room would be better but would require mounting another overhead lite over the work table.... but then again, an overhead lite is needed anyway for just about any work done on the work table ;)
It should be called a “work” light for work done on the work table. ;)

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
Happy Veterans Day...

hello everyone.
BK I’m trying to keep up with you. Sounds like things are still up and down pain wise, a little more controlled? I think about you and your wife often and pray for some comfort and ease in your day to day life.
I went to Florida to visit my dad and cousin, came back and am working pretty much non stop. I signed up for extra today but they didn’t need me. Just trying to stay busy. My surgery is Friday. This one involves an overnight in the hospital which I do NOT want to do, so hoping I can somehow get out of that. Going to get some yard work done today, have my house cleaner coming Friday while I’m in surgery so everything will be spiffy when I return. It’s looking like I will need radiation after surgery, won’t know for sure till surgical path report comes back. But I’ve wrapped my head around that and I am at ease about it.
Have a great week!
Is Friday the mastectomy? Both sides? My thoughts will be with you. Your name fits you to a T. You are always, no matter the circumstance, mostly sunny. I admire you for that. You are a very special human being. :wub:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I won the ebay auction for the superblower...by 5 cents! LOL!!

A word to the wise if you’re doing online bidding. Never bid an even dollar amount. Always make it a few cents more because if someone bids the exact same amount before you then they win a tie. And most people bid an exact dollar amount. By adding a nickel, I beat the other guy out. Bet he learned a lesson tonight. :)

The superblower should be here on Friday. Just in time for the next layer of leaves.

Users who are viewing this thread