Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
yupperz... sure was.... I had to move a few games to another HD and then the Windoze10 bluez kicked in... I swear Windoze has gone out of their way to make things as difficult as possible to do things the "old way" ( in other words, the privacy way) If windoze had their way, you wouldnt need a hard drive... everything would be in the cloud. and gawd forbid dont ever decide to need a copy of windoze 10 on disc for booting off of a new HD without an operating system. I went to Office Depot to get an emergency copy of W10 to have "just in case"... they dont have them, not that they were out of stock, they just dont have them at all... and if you dont have internet, you are screwed royally. And talk about Bloatware... I was "exploring" the file system and came across a folder with about 35 different languages each in their own folder holding the same info but in their perspective language... the files sizes added up to about 280G for each folder and that size times 35ish different times adds up to some serious HD real estate sitting there being wasted... come on, once you pick a language and it installs, delete the other 34ish folders ( unless the program is a interpetor software, then I can understand it being there).... ohhhhh long gone are the days when a complete OS and all the needed files along with your own stuff fit on a 32 MB HD and still had plenty of room left for more. o_O

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Well we got sleet and no telling what else last last night. (wintry mix) Rain all day long, and it is slushy outside. Another front due to come in tonight or early morning hours, with more rain. We never got close to the supposed high today either.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well we got sleet and no telling what else last last night. (wintry mix) Rain all day long, and it is slushy outside. Another front due to come in tonight or early morning hours, with more rain. We never got close to the supposed high today either.
Cold here after being warm all month.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Rain all day, night, and finally out of the area just now. We are at the saturation point. It was only in the thirties, but right about dark, it slowly started to warm up. Warm Gulf air or something, warmed us up considerably. Then another cold front is on the way. January has been spring like rains here. The temperatures have varied greatly. So maybe two days without rain, then rain again, and rain in mid week with storms again. Now it will get close to 60 today maybe. I didn't look at the forecast yet. It changes from day to day, and from morning until night. My one little eggplant is still alive. The fruit seems to have stopped growing. But at least it has not fallen off, but it is not ripe. It is not large enough, but even if it only gets to medium size, I will be happy. I have babied that plant all fall and winter, so far.

Users who are viewing this thread