Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Not terribly surprising announcements from major product makers. Inflation appears to be here and growing.

Our daily supplies will cost more.

View attachment 938807
For people buying stocks, and those quotes only being a couple of hours old, they're a good long way from the real world. Groceries and oh my gosh! meat prices! have shot up in price over the last 6 months, and selection has dwindled.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I had my interview yesterday and my transfer has been approved! I’m feeling very mixed about it. I know I needed a change but that doesn’t take away the last 17 years in Labor and Delivery, the friends and the comfort of knowing how to do my job well. I spoke with my director and cried, she was wonderful and was encouraging and reminded me they will always take me back if it doesn’t work out.

the 2 directors figure out a reasonable time frame so I don’t have a start date yet.

I’ll be doing pre-op, PACU and eventually endoscopy. I can find where I fit best and stay in one place or bounce around. I believe I’m best suited for PACU bc to have critical thinking skills and I enjoy that.

so there it is. A new job!
Yay!!! Good thing is you can go back if it doesn't work out. It's worth a try. :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
For people buying stocks, and those quotes only being a couple of hours old, they're a good long way from the real world. Groceries and oh my gosh! meat prices! have shot up in price over the last 6 months, and selection has dwindled.

Agreed. It seems to me though that these types of “announcements” are often really “admissions” of what we in the real world are already experiencing.

So when makers of common household goods announce such things to their investors, it’s more like “it’s about to go from bad to worse.”

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
When you print money at the pace we have over the past year and with what is planned going forward the dollar is severely devalued. We'll be lucky if we don't go to the late 70's again.

Way back in Economics class, we were taught about the basics: supply and demand, etc, plus the “twin evils” of unemployment and inflation. When unemployment is low, inflation will be high. Common sense notions like that.

Increased prices we see now may be partly due to retailers’ increases — higher cost of goods sold because of all the extra sanitation requirements, not to mention price gouging. Now manufacturers are increasing prices more.

What few of the reports talk about is the insane money manipulations in the background. Nothing common sense in any of that.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
When you print money at the pace we have over the past year and with what is planned going forward the dollar is severely devalued. We'll be lucky if we don't go to the late 70's again.

Anyone remember the Wiemar Republic in Germany post WWII? It did not end well for Germany or the world.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Way back in Economics class, we were taught about the basics: supply and demand, etc, plus the “twin evils” of unemployment and inflation. When unemployment is low, inflation will be high. Common sense notions like that.

Increased prices we see now may be partly due to retailers’ increases — higher cost of goods sold because of all the extra sanitation requirements, not to mention price gouging. Now manufacturers are increasing prices more.

What few of the reports talk about is the insane money manipulations in the background. Nothing common sense in any of that.

John Maynard Keynes v. Milton Friedman.

I loved the Firing Line. William F. Buckley, Jr and Keynes and Friedman, great stuff.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Evening..... So Sunday I let Scruffy outside and watched him from the house. When he went behind the shed I went to shoo him back where I could see him. Well he bolted across the yard and through the fence next door. Then sat there as as if to say I'm not coming what are you going to do about it. So I went around the house and when he saw me he bolted for his yard. As I came back around he headed for the door. And got a surprise when he found the door closed. His look then was what the heck am I going to do now? This morning. I let him come out while I took a trash bag out. He thought he could hide behind the telephone pole. I walked over and picked up a plastic bucket and tossed at the pole. That scared him enough to bolt back in the house. He's such a stinker..

20210417_134135.jpg

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Evening..... So Sunday I let Scruffy outside and watched him from the house. When he went behind the shed I went to shoo him back where I could see him. Well he bolted across the yard and through the fence next door. Then sat there as as if to say I'm not coming what are you going to do about it. So I went around the house and when he saw me he bolted for his yard. As I came back around he headed for the door. And got a surprise when he found the door closed. His look then was what the heck am I going to do now? This morning. I let him come out while I took a trash bag out. He thought he could hide behind the telephone pole. I walked over and picked up a plastic bucket and tossed at the pole. That scared him enough to bolt back in the house. He's such a stinker..

View attachment 938823

And yet he manages to still look so proud of himself! When you’re that beautiful, you can get away with a lot.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

View attachment 938823
    Yeah, but he's cute.:wub:

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Sigh.

Damn Whiskey, after your old man went to all that trouble to give you such an excellent safe outdoor space, WHY do you still pull this crap???
    If/when he comes back his roaming days are over. Hate to do it. Gave him every chance.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Dear Lord, I pray he comes back okay. And that you are able to stick to this even though it is painful to do.
    I can be pretty objective. He wont live long roaming outside day after day. Something will get him. If he’s to live a longer life he’s gonna have to live it in his catio. Lots of outside cats stick close to home. He doesn’t. He roams long distances. Not compatible with a long healthy life.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 25, 2014
    I can be pretty objective. He wont live long roaming outside day after day. Something will get him. If he’s to live a longer life he’s gonna have to live it in his catio. Lots of outside cats stick close to home. He doesn’t. He roams long distances. Not compatible with a long healthy life.

Yes. It’s hard to predict them, but I was afraid that he’d go far after not being allowed out for a long time. That he’d get the idea that your place equals confinement. If you keep him in a long time again and then try letting him roam, he just might stay away even though it’s warm and he gets fed there. Cats can be so stubborn and independent.

Users who are viewing this thread