Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Evening... That's one day done...

20220624_074929.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hey Arm. Lost my dentist. He sold his practice then went to work for another practice then moved to the coast. I really liked him and was very disappointed. So found another place after doing a lot of research. So hoping it works out. You don't know how nice it is having a good dentist until you have a crappy one.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Evening... Called for 7:00 this morning. Home at 6:00, yard mowed by 6:30. Calling for showers this weekend so thought I'd better do it. Plus it's off the weekend list. Just one more day...

Internet is out. So hotspot for the PC and OTA for the TV..

View attachment 976926
How many OTA channels do you have? Do they mostly suck?

Reactions: DavidOH

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
How many OTA channels do you have? Do they mostly suck?

After weeding out the ones I won't even look at I have 23. Main networks. (NBC, CBS, FOX, CW, ABC.) The rest are subchannels which show old stuff. I'm thinking about getting a better antenna because the scan finds more channels but the signals are to weak. Maybe this one.. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RH5GZI/ref=emc_b_5_t

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
After weeding out the ones I won't even look at I have 23. Main networks. (NBC, CBS, FOX, CW, ABC.) The rest are subchannels which show old stuff. I'm thinking about getting a better antenna because the scan finds more channels but the signals are to weak. Maybe this one.. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RH5GZI/ref=emc_b_5_t
60+ miles, good reviews, affordable. Looks like a winner. Will it reach some bigger broadcasters where you live?

I have a big ole tv antenna in my attic. I can get Greensboro stations. That’s about 60 miles away. Winston-Salem is about 100 - 120 miles away and I don’t get any of those. I believe I get Fayetteville stations and I want to say that’s 60 - 80 miles away. But seems they’re a bit squirrely. Sometimes they come in good, other times not so much. So 60 miles is pretty reliable but gets a bit iffy beyond that.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
60+ miles, good reviews, affordable. Looks like a winner. Will it reach some bigger broadcasters where you live?

I have a big ole tv antenna in my attic. I can get Greensboro stations. That’s about 60 miles away. Winston-Salem is about 100 - 120 miles away and I don’t get any of those. I believe I get Fayetteville stations and I want to say that’s 60 - 80 miles away. But seems they’re a bit squirrely. Sometimes they come in good, other times not so much. So 60 miles is pretty reliable but gets a bit iffy beyond that.

Don't think it'll get many more. Mainly it would help clear up some of the lower power ones. I'm in the central part of the state. The other big markets are well over 100 miles away. Pictures of that antenna show it would fit inside. And it would likely work as well as outside..

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Hello Everyone. Just lazing though another day of retirement.
No plans for the weekend, other than avoid the crazies. The yahoos in my subdivision will provide fireworks and gunshots throughout the weekend. The dogs and us will be awake for all of that.
If you are planning on traveling, please leave early, know your route and be safe.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Morning... Starting the day with some rain.. Note to self. Do not try any new food or treats for Scruffy. Something I tried yesterday didn't agree with him. Needed an emergence bath to clean him up. Neither one of us enjoyed it. Not the way to start the day.. But it had to be done.

View attachment 976988
Hahahaha...he looks like a rat.

Users who are viewing this thread