Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

76bridget

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Good Morning Everyone.
$4100 for living room suite. Seven piece brown leather with three power recliners.
Retired forever.
Have you had power recliners before?
I bought a sectional with 3 power recliners a couple years ago. It's comfortable, but I hate the amount of time it takes to get up with the power. My next one will definitely be manual. I had hoped to give it to my son when he moved out (so I'd have an excuse to buy a new one, lol) but it wouldn't fit in his living room.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I bought a sectional with 3 power recliners a couple years ago. It's comfortable, but I hate the amount of time it takes to get up with the power. My next one will definitely be manual. I had hoped to give it to my son when he moved out (so I'd have an excuse to buy a new one, lol) but it wouldn't fit in his living room.
So much for my thinking that women have patience.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC

We tried the regular reclining sectionals first. But Mamaw, who is small and older, struggled to get it closed.
This way she (as in we) can just push a button and let the motor do the work.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
We tried the regular reclining sectionals first. But Mamaw, who is small and older, struggled to get it closed.
I got a motorized Lazy Boy 20 years ago. I appreciate it more and more every year that goes by.

76bridget

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
So much for my thinking that women have patience.
yeah, not much of that here:lol:

Perfect then!

Hope all the Dads here had a great day. We lost my FIL in Jan this year, my Dad 12 years ago, and DH is still out of state working.. So it was just a typical Sunday with a little heartache added in.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
yeah, not much of that here:lol:

Perfect then!

Hope all the Dads here had a great day. We lost my FIL in Jan this year, my Dad 12 years ago, and DH is still out of state working.. So it was just a typical Sunday with a little heartache added in.
It isn't because they didn't like you. Au contraire! It's just that it wasn't their idea either. :) Guessing DH misses you too.

Happy belated Father's Day to the dads.

Last edited:

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Evening..... Monday done...

20220618_142721.jpg

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Are y'all among the healthy again?
Not really - 3 falls in 2 days. The kidney disease is causing anemia, so he's going the epogen (iron injections to create more red blood cells) route tomorrow. See if that helps...

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
One needs to pace oneself at a certain age ;)
I bought hubs an ashley furniture Yandel chair - one that raises the person to an easier standing position. He can't say enough about it- says its the most comfy he's ever had and it was VERY reasonable comparatively speaking

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Not really - 3 falls in 2 days. The kidney disease is causing anemia, so he's going the epogen (iron injections to create more red blood cells) route tomorrow. See if that helps...
Geez. I have a low red blood cell count. Just below the "acceptable" range so not bad but doc keeps harping about drinking more water. Beyond that, there is nothing wrong with me except old man disease and a slight attitude problem. Good luck to hubs.

Good morning, Arm! :)

Last edited:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Cholesterol. Family trait. Just heard last week that a cousin, four years younger than I, was found dead in his living room floor. That's why I have been taking Atorvistatin (generic Lipitor) for years.
Other than that, I'm just old, fat and tired.
Life is Good, if I let it be that way.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Made a dentist appt 6 weeks ago for a regular checkup. My dentist sold his practice awhile ago but I found where he went. So go there yesterday for my appt. Get half checked in and she tells me he's no longer there. Moved to the coast 3 weeks ago. "Do you want to see one of our other dentists?" "They're real good...". I was not happy! Spent $7 in gas to go there when they could have called and told me this 3 weeks ago. Told her no. If they had called and told me he left I would have considered seeing one of their other dentists. But since they let me wait to come in to try the old bait and switch there is no way I'll consider them anymore. So now I'm back to having to find a new dentist and waiting another 6 weeks. Grrrrr! :-x

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Made a dentist appt 6 weeks ago for a regular checkup. My dentist sold his practice awhile ago but I found where he went. So go there yesterday for my appt. Get half checked in and she tells me he's no longer there. Moved to the coast 3 weeks ago. "Do you want to see one of our other dentists?" "They're real good...". I was not happy! Spent $7 in gas to go there when they could have called and told me this 3 weeks ago. Told her no. If they had called and told me he left I would have considered seeing one of their other dentists. But since they let me wait to come in to try the old bait and switch there is no way I'll consider them anymore. So now I'm back to having to find a new dentist and waiting another 6 weeks. Grrrrr! :-x
    The dental care system has become a joke. Every clinic I have tried insists on my having the deep cleaning, 4x per year at out of pocket costs of over 1k. I keep telling them I can't have it cause of the pain but they won't do a regular cleaning. So I just don't go to the dentist and try to keep up with them myself as best I can.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    The dental care system has become a joke. Every clinic I have tried insists on my having the deep cleaning, 4x per year at out of pocket costs of over 1k. I keep telling them I can't have it cause of the pain but they won't do a regular cleaning. So I just don't go to the dentist and try to keep up with them myself as best I can.
    I haven't heard that before. But I do find there are lots of dentists who rip you off. They try selling cosmetic crap or have you go thru unnecessary lab stuff or diagnosis. They're scammers. Good dentists are not easy to find.

Millennial post ! 162K
    th

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread