Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Yes I have..and it's all SpaceKittys fault...LOL. Remember when she sent me that rebuilding atty?

DNA40 is ok. I personally think temp control is pretty useless....and I'm not a fan of vaping off of superheated nickle wire. I don't use the temp control at all. I prefer the YIHI SX 350 to any Evolve product.

Reactions: Katya

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Oh btw ladies......how 'bout a little action in here to keep me out of trouble...LOL. I have to make at least 10 posts a month or some such crap. What's everyone up to?

Maybe you can do some intel for me.....according to the people I have asked on FB the current reason there is so much hate for cigalikes is that everyone believes they are all owned by Big Tobacco. Is that what people think now?

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I dunno that people think that they're all owned by BT, although it's possible that they do. I think it's that cig-a-likes have the rep as being less effective and less efficient, especially as the community has moved further and further toward the cloudy end of the continuum.

But you have a tank version with a longer battery life now, yes? there's still a subset of vapers in the wild that i see using ego/tank systems. They're the ones who vape but aren't involved in the online community.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
That will be interested to see...the wire study. I finally just tried some NET liquid after he did that study..holy cow is it good!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. F was supposed to look at the wires we're using and how safe they are (and at what temperatures).

So DNA200....?????????? WHY? LOL

Don't ask me, dear. I stay in my favorite 6-12 watt range... :lol:

Oh btw ladies......how 'bout a little action in here to keep me out of trouble...LOL. I have to make at least 10 posts a month or some such crap. What's everyone up to?

Back to school, back to work...

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Maybe you can do some intel for me.....according to the people I have asked on FB the current reason there is so much hate for cigalikes is that everyone believes they are all owned by Big Tobacco. Is that what people think now?

No idea, honestly. I think that new vapers just prefer devices that deliver more vapor, more flavor and last longer without recharging and refilling.

I dunno that people think that they're all owned by BT, although it's possible that they do. I think it's that cig-a-likes have the rep as being less effective and less efficient, especially as the community has moved further and further toward the cloudy end of the continuum.

I agree.

But you have a tank version with a longer battery life now, yes? there's still a subset of vapers in the wild that i see using ego/tank systems. They're the ones who vape but aren't involved in the online community.

I remember when almost every new member of this forum asked for a recommendation for a device "that looks and feels like a cigarette" and most considered an eGo-class battery too big (I was one of them). Those days are pretty much over--at least on these boards. I believe that cigalikes are still popular among entry-level vapers who do not frequent e-cigarette forums or people who buy their e-cigs from the Internet, at gas stations or convenience stores. B&M vaping stores in my area don't even carry cigalikes anymore.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Thanks for the replies. Yes I think you are right about the online community being different from "main stream" or entry level vapers. I mean we are still in business...along with NJoy, Blu and several other auto battery companies. I assume V4L is still around..that's where I got started. And as you all know I was perfectly happy with SmokeStiks and sometimes an eGo type, although back then even the eGo was a PITA....coils back then were crap. I knew mods existed obviously...you can't be on ECF and not know about Imeo....Reo...Mamu....RedSky......but because of being a "vendor" I am not allowed to participate in any of those subforums....so I missed a lot. Then FB happened ....LOL. I think there is a point here.....just not quite sure what it is yet. hehe

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks for the replies. Yes I think you are right about the online community being different from "main stream" or entry level vapers. I mean we are still in business...along with NJoy, Blu and several other auto battery companies. I assume V4L is still around..that's where I got started. And as you all know I was perfectly happy with SmokeStiks and sometimes an eGo type, although back then even the eGo was a PITA....coils back then were crap. I knew mods existed obviously...you can't be on ECF and not know about Imeo....Reo...Mamu....RedSky......but because of being a "vendor" I am not allowed to participate in any of those subforums....so I missed a lot. Then FB happened ....LOL. I think there is a point here.....just not quite sure what it is yet. hehe

I used to be happy with my V4L and SS cigalikes--back when. But it's so nice to have a small box mod with 2,200 mAh capacity and a 3 ml tank.

But hey, if the FDA has its way (perish the thought), we'll all be going back to cigalikes.
wink.gif

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So....any of you ladies seen this article? I'm a little baffled by it.....I mean boys will be boys and 20 something guys will always be annoying....but I'm not sure if this is really a "thing" or not? What do you all think?
Vaping Could Save the World, but Toxic Masculinity Is Holding It Back - Mic

I do have an opinion, but it's just that--my opinion. Maybe I'm getting old. :facepalm:

Sex sells.

And yes, it seems to be a thing. Cloud chasing competitions, tats, pole dancers at vaping conventions.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Well I know it's a "thing"...I guess I should have asked...does it bother you? Do you think he is right when he says that it discourages smokers from looking into vaping?

I think this speaks more to the previous concept of there being two distinctly different markets for vaper products. The sex angle doesn't bother me as much as the push to get new vapers and current smokers to "upgrade" all the time. The industry has come a long way and SmokeStik isn't the only good quality simple device out there. Vapeshop owners just don't want to carry them because there isn't enough profit in high quality. They are playing right into Big Tobaccos hands by selling cheap crap cigalikes and blister pak generic eGos. I know they think it is going to drive people back to the store to buy more expensive gear but I wonder how many people just end up continuing to smoke.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Well I know it's a "thing"...I guess I should have asked...does it bother you? Do you think he is right when he says that it discourages smokers from looking into vaping?

To a degree. I visited a vaping convention once, but when I saw what was going on inside, I left early. That said, I've been a member here for years, as you know, and I don't need to go to conventions. I get all my information here. I also visit my local B&M e-cig stores occasionally--some are very nice, friendly and professional, others are just horrid. It's a mixed bag. I think if you are a smoker and want to switch to vaping, you can do it safely without being exposed to that nonsense.

I think this speaks more to the previous concept of there being two distinctly different markets for vaper products. The sex angle doesn't bother me as much as the push to get new vapers and current smokers to "upgrade" all the time. The industry has come a long way and SmokeStik isn't the only good quality simple device out there. Vapeshop owners just don't want to carry them because there isn't enough profit in high quality. They are playing right into Big Tobaccos hands by selling cheap crap cigalikes and blister pak generic eGos. I know they think it is going to drive people back to the store to buy more expensive gear but I wonder how many people just end up continuing to smoke.

All good questions and I have no answers. Like with everything else, you have to educate yourself before you go shopping... I remember I spent hours researching e-cigarettes before I bought my first kit back in 2009. That's how I found ECF. But how many people fell for kiosk scams, $200 Smoking Everywhere kits, "free trials" that were nothing but, etc?

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I have never been to a convention OR a vape shop....they did just open a vape shop here in town. I guess I should go check it out and just see what happens. But ya, I can see how if you were a smoker thinking you were going to get info and/or help with giving up tobacco and went to ECC.....unless your a 20something guy you would be pretty intimidated. Cloud chasing in public certainly doesn't help either.

Most of my older customers came from that Letterman show back in 2010 or 2011? Then from there it's mostly family and friends referred by other SmokeStik users. I can tell you that the ULTRA (manual battery / tank combo) doesn't do well online because our auto users don't want anything to do with them. A lot of them are horrified at the thought of having to deal with ejuice. But mostly it's the need to have something that "feels like the real thing".....again....a completely different type of ecig user. They know so little really about the smoking addiction. Everyone needs something different. So I think there will always be a place for everyone now that we have gotten rid of the mall scammers...LOL.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I did read that article...it seems to reflect what i see around here more than I'd like. I'd gone to a couple of early vape conventions and had an amazing time, meeting people, learning stuff and all that. My local vaping group has grown from just 6 of us to around 150 people at the meets and we have a fair number of local stores.

The local/state vapers and the stores just beat back an e-cig tax (one of the benefits of being in a backward state, Katya) so there are people successfully involved in activism.

Even so, I'm probably going to skip the upcoming meet. I don't feel comfortable there anymore. The local group is a limited subset (albeit a large one) , since most of the vapers that I know well aren't on ECF and aren't interested in the meets. I don't quite feel cool enough for the meets (which is more about me than the group). There's also just not much there for me i don't rebuild and i don't blow clouds (is it weird of me to be absolutely positive that i will not buy any liquid from a company named "I'd hit that" . yuck).

BTW,yep, V4L is still going, I'm still on their email list, so sometimes get sales notices.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I really wonder how much of this "issue" has to do with Facebook. Even though I'm hardly fond of ECF one thing I can say about it is that the strict posting rules have prevented these kinds of "social" problems...racism, sexism, etc. While it's still numerically mostly males I have never felt uncomfortable on ECF just because I was female. Quite the opposite actually. But Facebook is a whole different world....

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm a dinosaur--I don't even have an FB account... :facepalm:

I like ECF because it is moderated and I do feel safe here. Of course, like with everything else, nothing is perfect. I have disagreed with many bans and other moderating decisions in the past, even opposed them rather forcefully, but I do realize that it is a private forum and I have agreed to follow their rules.

That said, it also depends on moderators. We've had a few lousy ones. But I really like the current ones. They all seem to be good and reasonable people. I've been here for almost 6 years. I've tried other forums--not for me. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread