Help w/ Kayfun Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddieC

Mar 21, 2019
I can wick a standard rta all day long, but for the life of me, I cannot wick this MTL tank, so I was hoping to get some help, some tips, some advice, etc.

I like to vape SaltNic at 12-14 watts, so I use 6-7 wraps to get 1.5ohm to 1.8ohm. The problem is, absolutely no flavor. I have to raise wattage to 20 watts to even start getting flavor, so does this mean I’m using too much cotton?

I’m using VV Superfine MTL wire in Ni80, SS and A1.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I can wick a standard RTA all day long, but for the life of me, I cannot wick this MTL tank, so I was hoping to get some help, some tips, some advice, etc.

I like to vape SaltNic at 12-14 watts, so I use 6-7 wraps to get 1.5ohm to 1.8ohm. The problem is, absolutely no flavor. I have to raise wattage to 20 watts to even start getting flavor, so does this mean I’m using too much cotton?

I’m using VV Superfine MTL wire in Ni80, SS and A1.

FreddieC, Maybe your high ohm coil requires higher voltage/wattage. I wind my SS316 coils on a 2.5mm with a rayon wick and get plenty of MTL vapor (about like you'd get from a cigarette) at 10W. There's a sweet spot for wicking. Too tight in the coil and you will impeded juice flow. Too loose and the vape will be hot and flavorless.

Check out some of the videos on YouTube that demonstrate coil winding and wicking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread