Hi all, new to DIY. Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIY Apprentice

Jul 26, 2019
Ireland
This is interesting... I'm betting this is also not your problem, but what vg/pg ratio is the da vinci you use? If your liquid is too thick, too much vg, maybe like you say it's not getting into the wicking enough. When you refill the little bit left is forced in.
However I think your vg in the stuff you made is not that high so it really shouldn't be a problem..
I bought the 70% vg 30%pg i thought it would be easier as i don't need to mix that either and be left with excess pg. The da vinci code is 75 vg 25 pg

DIY Apprentice

Jul 26, 2019
Ireland
It is a funny thing. You can be prepared (or think you are) know what flavours to use, the correct percentage. And still have problems that you are not prepared for. I didn't think about what if the liquid does not offer flavour vaping or the steeping time or anything i thought grand my liquid is running out i make and stick in the tank

• Agree
Reactions: HigherStateD

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I bought the 70% vg 30%pg i thought it would be easier as i don't need to mix that either and be left with excess pg. The da vinci code is 75 vg 25 pg
That's what I figured. It might just be those particular flavors are better in a supporting role and need something else as a main flavoring... I'm not experienced with those particular ones. You could list what brand they are.
With your finished mix, your flavorings add pg also (unless they are suspended in vg, that is an option some places). Nicotine also. I think about this because I have separate base vg and pg that I mix in the final bottle.

• Agree

DIY Apprentice

Jul 26, 2019
Ireland
That's what I figured. It might just be those particular flavors are better in a supporting role and need something else as a main flavoring... I'm not experienced with those particular ones. You could list what brand they are.
With your finished mix, your flavorings add pg also (unless they are suspended in vg, that is an option some places). Nicotine also. I think about this because I have separate base vg and pg that I mix in the final bottle.
For one batch i have brown sugar, maple pecan, cinnamon swirl. Next. Is cotton candy with tutti fruity, next is banana split with butterscotch. And finally butterscotch mixed with butter pecan. Brand is flavourconcentrate.com on the bottle

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
It is a funny thing. You can be prepared (or think you are) know what flavours to use, the correct percentage. And still have problems that you are not prepared for. I didn't think about what if the liquid does not offer flavour vaping or the steeping time or anything i thought grand my liquid is running out i make and stick in the tank
It can be that way. And once you find a mix you like and have the proper method, it will be that way. :) A lot of people make liquid and vape it right away. Shake and vape. Not all flavors work for that, shake and vapes tend to be higher percentage (but your 15% is not low).

• Agree

DIY Apprentice

Jul 26, 2019
Ireland
It can be that way. And once you find a mix you like and have the proper method, it will be that way. :) A lot of people make liquid and vape it right away. Shake and vape. Not all flavors work for that, shake and vapes tend to be higher percentage (but your 15% is not low).
Though it was my first attempt i do enjoy making them. It is fun. You can make different tones of flavours just by increasing by a fraction if it is like baking. Kind of like when i make cakes or so the slightest difference gives it a different flavour tone

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
For one batch i have brown sugar, maple pecan, cinnamon swirl. Next. Is cotton candy with tutti fruity, next is banana split with butterscotch. And finally butterscotch mixed with butter pecan. Brand is flavourconcentrate.com on the bottle
Have not heard of flavorconcentrate.com, but I don't know it all. There is no other identifier like TFA, TPA , Cappella, Inawera, Hangsen, Flavor West, Flavorah, FlavourArt, Purilum, VTA.... ?
These are the big flavor brands and most commonly used. (the good ones)

• Agree

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Have not heard of flavorconcentrate.com, but I don't know it all. There is no other identifier like TFA, TPA , Cappella, Inawera, Hangsen, Flavor West, Flavorah, FlavourArt, Purilum, VTA.... ?
Don't get scared here, some companies buy these brands in bulk and rebottle them with their name, likely what flavorconcentrate.com did. They were sold as e-liquid flavorings?

• Agree

DIY Apprentice

Jul 26, 2019
Ireland
You know what, haha you are right. I went on to the site. Although the bottles say flavour concentrate.com the flavours are flavour west

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Butterscotch and tuttifruiti is tfa. Butter and maple pecan flavour west. Banana split capella. Brown sugar, cinnamon swirl flavour concentrate company.
I still really have no experience with those flavors personally, but the brand will help you when looking at other's recipes or getting info on a particular flavoring. One brands pecan (just as a loose example) maybe very different from another's.
Many times similar flavors are used together to get a fuller flavor, strawberry is a good example. I don't often see a recipe with just one type of strawberry.
Some companies also have different versions of the same flavor marked Version1(v1) or Version2(v2). V1 tend to be the ones with potentially harmful chems like diacetyl and others. They also tend to have a richer flavor than the V2 flavors, which were made to be "safer".
Amounts of potentially bad stuff in V1 flavorings are not a big concern to many, they are frequently also found in much greater quantities with tobacco. Others don't want that potential harm regardless, understandably. V2 flavors can taste good too.

DIY Apprentice

Jul 26, 2019
Ireland
I still really have no experience with those flavors personally, but the brand will help you when looking at other's recipes or getting info on a particular flavoring. One brands pecan (just as a loose example) maybe very different from another's.
Many times similar flavors are used together to get a fuller flavor, strawberry is a good example. I don't often see a recipe with just one type of strawberry.
Some companies also have different versions of the same flavor marked Version1(v1) or Version2(v2). V1 tend to be the ones with potentially harmful chems like diacetyl and others. They also tend to have a richer flavor than the V2 flavors, which were made to be "safer".
Amounts of potentially bad stuff in V1 flavorings are not a big concern to many, they are frequently also found in much greater quantities with tobacco. Others don't want that potential harm regardless, understandably. V2 flavors can taste good too.
Haha the information you have given me is currently beyond me. I would assume there are different levels concentrations and quality but knowing which ones are the better quality i wouldn't have a clue.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I have been on and off the vaping for a few years all the while smoking. So i have decided to try make my own flavours. It could be nothing to worry about except my impatience but the eliquid has a strange taste but no flavour i used 30ml total for 3x10ml flavours (brown sugar, maple pecan and cinnamon swirl) recommended at either to or from 10%m in a mix of 200ml eliquid base pre ready at 70/30 vg/pg. Which is 5% of each flavour. No nicotine has yet been added to any of them. trangely enough for one of them a banana flavour, i got the banana flavour once i took it out and put in a commercial one. Any ideas or is it just wait. I made them approaching 2 days ago now.
Welcome and glad you joined.
"Hi all, new to DIY. Advice needed"
Might like to read:
Here is a quick look into DIY, might like to visit:
reddit: the front page of the internet
DIY Vape Juice: How to make your own E-Juice (In Depth Guide)
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
The Ultimate Guide on How To Make Vape Juice & E-Liquid
https://www.thevaperstable.com/e-liquid-mixing/
Please read the stickies below:
DIY E-Liquid

DIY Apprentice

Jul 26, 2019
Ireland
Thank you it has been a good start since i have joined. I will have a look at those now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread