High Voltage Atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Just an update...Within the next week or so I will some of the 5.2s back in stock as well as another Ohm measurement that will vape at 10 watts with 6 volts...So for the lay persons, this will make 6 Volts seem like 5 Volts..I also had them all primed with 555 flavor instead of that nasty primer they were using...Thanks for the clarifcation from Nerf and all the others that helped to clarify...
Drew

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Just an update...Within the next week or so I will some of the 5.2s back in stock as well as another Ohm measurement that will vape at 10 watts with 6 volts...So for the lay persons, this will make 6 Volts seem like 5 Volts..I also had them all primed with 555 flavor instead of that nasty primer they were using...Thanks for the clarifcation from Nerf and all the others that helped to clarify...
Drew

Thats great to hear that you are doing the 10watts.. I think they will be better IMO than the 5.2 resistance ones. So many of us use the 3v tenergys rc123's.

IdolLurker

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida USA
Damn! Thanks for the huge info.. Clears up alot. Knew it had to be better then a regular 510 at 3.7v as i'm runing a 3.7v protege and my Xhaler w/2 3v batts with the HV 510 atty and forsure theres a serious increase in heat and vapor on the Xhaler setup with the HV atty.

Loving it, loving it! :thumbs: Now to figure out what i'm gona do with my 14 or so new regular 510 attys :( Me needs more HV attys :p

Nerf.. ya gota Write the Bible on this stuff! :)

So I am trying to figure out what my next move should be. I too have a 510 with regular atty and the basic batteries which aren't doing it for me. Since I love doing the DIY ejuices/drip and vaping alot it is getting increasingly frustrating to use this setup. I can't keep the batteries at enough power to push the VG based ejuice and they take too long to charge. When my battery drops after about 4 vapes the ejuice squirts through the cart at no advance notice...ugh :w00t:. I want something that can be loaded with as much juice as possible - VG based that can be thicker than typical juices - and a battery that will last a few hours. What is the best option out there??? The investment of a new PV at high voltage is something that I would consider provided it WILL DELIVER. Since I am just now quitting analogues it is very important to have something dependable asap.

Anybody got a good answer????

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
So I am trying to figure out what my next move should be. I too have a 510 with regular atty and the basic batteries which aren't doing it for me. Since I love doing the DIY ejuices/drip and vaping alot it is getting increasingly frustrating to use this setup. I can't keep the batteries at enough power to push the VG based ejuice and they take too long to charge. When my battery drops after about 4 vapes the ejuice squirts through the cart at no advance notice...ugh :w00t:. I want something that can be loaded with as much juice as possible - VG based that can be thicker than typical juices - and a battery that will last a few hours. What is the best option out there??? The investment of a new PV at high voltage is something that I would consider provided it WILL DELIVER. Since I am just now quitting analogues it is very important to have something dependable asap.

Isnt there a movie called "Waiting to Xhale"???
Not to make jest of your question but get an Xhaler and start over with that, I think you will be pleased...Thanks for stopping in and Welcome..
Drew

Leeroy5150

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
San Diego, CA

Dependable?... Xhaler with extra batteries. The 17670's (Big 3.7V) last a long time. For me they are the equivalent of at least 10-15 standard 510 batteries. (and that's probably a conservative estimate). I have two of them that came with the charger that drew sells as a kit and even if these were all that I used the pair would probably last me at least a couple of days.

I also use the two 3.0v battery setup. Not quite as long lasting, but you only need to push the button for a second or two to get twice as much vape as you are likely getting with a standard 510. And it hits much harder.

Lots of Juice?, try KR8 cartomizers if you haven't. 1-2 last me all day at 3.7 volts. They go a little quicker at HV but that's probably more because I can't keep my fingers off the button.

So in short... Dependable=Xhaler + extra batts + Cartomizers + Drew's Juice to fill them with.

If all you have experienced is standard 510 stuff you have no idea what you are missing. Good luck and Hope this helps.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH

You're only going to get one answer in here for which mod to buy. Not that I have anythng against that mod, but there are many, many mods to choose from out there. I really suggest you do a little research before making a big purchase like that. I have one in mind that I would highly recommend, but in respect to Drew, I will not mention it here. Just go read up in the open areas of the forum to get some non biased opinions (if there is such a thing, everyone has their fav). Also, check one of the BB mod polls to see what other like ;)

As for the juices...Nhaler HV juices are some of the best you are going to find. I am definately not just playing favorites because this is an Nhaler thread either (as shown by my last paragraph). The HV juices are thick, slow burning, and as tasty as it gets. I could almost drink some of them(not recommended). They (HV juices) are all low nic 12mg, but they are so flavorfull you can bump them up and not loose any of the tastyness. Drew is also wise enough to offer low priced sample bottles (unlike a lot of supplier :( ) so you can test them out for not much $. He also has 24mg stuff that is just as good.

For me Nhaler is #1 when it comes to juice.:thumbs:

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
Just an update...Within the next week or so I will some of the 5.2s back in stock as well as another Ohm measurement that will Vape at 10 watts with 6 volts...So for the lay persons, this will make 6 Volts seem like 5 Volts..I also had them all primed with 555 flavor instead of that nasty primer they were using...Thanks for the clarifcation from Nerf and all the others that helped to clarify...
Drew
Great, Got my today Drew and I am Loving the HV atomizers. Will wait until you get some more in stock and I am going to order a few more.
These atomizers ROCK. Only took me a few quite puffs to get that vaping clouds.
Thank you again Drew( did you get somehing in the mail from me today?

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
ok guys and all you math wizards. I am 58 and no clue what the hell your talking about. i was drafted right after i finsihed high school and then came home and got married and then the kids started popping out. i had no time for college so please excuse my ignorance. i am totaly lost. Please help me to understand this vaping volts thing. i have the Xhaler and i vape at 3.7 5v and 6v. I use greencig carts the most so mostly i am vaping at 3.7 v. what will happen at 10 volts when vaping? Im serious i have no idea about this stuff and need to understand. Ed (Up In Vapor) helps me out a lot and so does Lori (needvapor) and Drew but please splain what the heck your talking about when you say 10 volts. lol thanks to anyone who can help me understand this. i feel so stupid.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
Just an update...Within the next week or so I will some of the 5.2s back in stock as well as another Ohm measurement that will Vape at 10 watts with 6 volts...So for the lay persons, this will make 6 Volts seem like 5 Volts..I also had them all primed with 555 flavor instead of that nasty primer they were using...Thanks for the clarifcation from Nerf and all the others that helped to clarify...
Drew
:thumbs:Thats awesome!

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I'm just going to throw some numbers in here to muck up the works. People talk about 510 and the like batteries putting out 3.7V.. or 3.85.. or even 4.2V. That's complete rubbish. All of these batteries have internal resistance, and on some batteries (like the small ones in "stock" PV's) that internal resistance can be quite high. Add to that internal resistance the voltage drop and/or parasitic resistance of the solid state or mechanical switch. Unloaded voltage is damn near a meaningless number.

Example: take your best 510 stock or Mega battery. Fully charge it. Put it on a 2.5 Ohm fixed load (atty simulator). Press the button. You will typically get numbers like 3.0 to 3.1 volts. Nowhere near the 3.7+ numbers that are thrown about when doing power calculations. In reality.... with stock batteries and atomiser.... the 510 is about a 3.6W device.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Scottbee...Are ppl still using stock batteries? :p

Beside me....? Dunno! ;-)

Just so anyone reading this thread is clear...HV attys are not for stock batteries ;)

Certainly.. but it should be noted that even the larger mod batteries have some internal resistance. When we talk volts, we should be talking loaded volts.

SurvivorMcGyver

Ol' Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
ok guys and all you math wizards. I am 58 and no clue what the hell your talking about. i was drafted right after i finsihed high school and then came home and got married and then the kids started popping out. i had no time for college so please excuse my ignorance. i am totaly lost. Please help me to understand this vaping volts thing. i have the Xhaler and i vape at 3.7 5v and 6v. I use greencig carts the most so mostly i am vaping at 3.7 v. what will happen at 10 volts when vaping? Im serious i have no idea about this stuff and need to understand. Ed (Up In Vapor) helps me out a lot and so does Lori (needvapor) and Drew but please splain what the heck your talking about when you say 10 volts. lol thanks to anyone who can help me understand this. i feel so stupid.

Didn't want to see a puppy lacking in attention (old as you are -- I'm 54 8-o) so I'll respond.. It is wattage we are all looking at not "voltage" -- at what ever voltage your batteries put out -- anywhere between 8 and 11 Watts (11 is getting on the high side) would render a VERY flavorful Vape. Of course, this all depends A LOT on your juice......

In addition to voltage and wattage tweaks; we need to get the right juice mix down pat to bring (simply) - satifaction -- without "YUCK!!"

The HV atties a remarkable at removing the "yuck" factor from the HV vape experience -- believe me I been there more than I want -- enough to send me to smoke a dang analog cuz it tastes sooo much better than "yuck"

Anyway -- follow the formulas with whatever you have and give it a whirl to acheive that 10 watt jewel

I'll post a spreadsheet soon to help with the "tweak"

As always

McGyver

Last edited:

firemarshal2

Dec 28, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Wow, what a lot of reading to get to this point. I am on the brink of buying the xhaler with 3.7V batts and HV 510 attys. I am currently using the Joye 510 with nhaler hv liquid and PCC and loving it, but I need a few things to be better and I am hoping I am on the right track.

1. More flavor
2. A little more vapor
3. Longer battery life

I love the high voltage liquid but I wonder if it will provide better flavor with a HV atty (which I believe it was designed for?) and of course a HV mod is needed to power the thing. Am I on the right track?

SurvivorMcGyver

Ol' Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
PS

It (my spreadsheet) will NOT include "internal resistance" of the device (Scottbee). Basic starting voltages and atti resistance is what I have worked with (theoretically) and find suitble to my experience. -- THAT being FANTASTIC Flavor AND vapor -- Right along with a 510 mega FRESH batteries and some Drew Juice -- and THEN some ....

How does Emeril say it???? Shawanmmmm! (or is it BAMMMMMM!)

BTW 4.5 ohm atties are Geeeeereeeeat with 2 x 3.o Volters on the Xhaler

Mcgyver

Last edited:

SurvivorMcGyver

Ol' Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
As Promised -- here is the Spreadsheet. Basic Atti Wattage Sheet.xls

PS: DO NOT enable "Pop-Ups" you will have to close any to get to the file :)

You need Excel.

Be carfull with your inputs you should only enter data in the Red numbered cell next to "Ohms of your Atti" and perhaps the column below "voltage".

Otherwise you'll will mess up the formulas for the rest

Have fun and happy vaping

McGyver

Last edited:

d4rk3

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Wow, what a lot of reading to get to this point. I am on the brink of buying the xhaler with 3.7V batts and HV 510 attys. I am currently using the Joye 510 with nhaler hv liquid and PCC and loving it, but I need a few things to be better and I am hoping I am on the right track.

1. More flavor
2. A little more vapor
3. Longer battery life

I love the high voltage liquid but I wonder if it will provide better flavor with a HV atty (which I believe it was designed for?) and of course a HV mod is needed to power the thing. Am I on the right track?
You are on the right track my friend! I'd recommend the Xhaler, not too expensive and will take care of 1-3 on your list. The HV juices are AWESOME @ 5-6 volts.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
As Promised -- here is the Spreadsheet. Basic Atti Wattage Sheet.xls

PS: DO NOT enable "Pop-Ups" you will have to close any to get to the file :)

You need Excel.

Be carfull with your inputs you should only enter data in the Red numbered cell next to "Ohms of your Atti" and perhaps the column below "voltage".

Otherwise you'll will mess up the formulas for the rest

Have fun and happy vaping

McGyver

WOW ...This very cool ...I am of course assuming its working, but I deff have no reason to doubt you...I just plugged the numbers of the ones I have and it is dead on so THANKS...This will REALLY be helpfull in keeping track of which ones are the favorites and tuning in the best ones...Thanks Again
Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread