How Long Did It Take You To Totally Quit "Those"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I loved my Marlboros. I smoked a pack and a half a day for over 20 years. I really wasn't wanting to quit. I just decided one day to order some cigalikes because I noticed they had flavors. I got those in the mail but they were not what I wanted. The cigalikes just didnt cut it for me. So I ordered some ego style batteries and eliquid. When those came in my mail that was it. I enjoyed it greatly. That day I gave the rest of my Marlboros to my husband who also smoked. I ordered him a kit too. He smoked the rest of the carton of Marlboros and after they were gone we neither one bought any more cigarettes.

I tried 1 Marlboro after a week of vaping and yuck. After vaping delicious flavors the cigarette had lost its luster. It gagged me. Now me and my husband have dozens of mods, RBAs, dozens of drippers, and we make our own juice. We also buy kits and hand them out to friends and relatives. We've converted quite a few. I was able to get my mom off her 50+ year habit. I make her juice and mail it to her. She hasn't touched a cigarette in months.

A really good eliquid with some descent equipment really helps. Bad juice and poor equipment can really turn a person against vaping. Finding a really tasty juice really can make a huge difference. I was lucky and hit on some great flavors right when I started.

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
I smoked Marlboro Reds for 30+ years. One night I said enough is enough and went and got me a Silver Bullet, 6 5ml PBC tanks, 4 or so 18650 30 amp batteries, 10 replacment bottom coils, battery charger and some RY-4, and Tobacco juice. Never looked back. Thing that's cool, unlike cig's you HAVE to have them to fill your addiction. I can go days without vaping. To me it's just a hobby now.

Michael7

May 28, 2014
oregon
My mom had bought me an ego kit 2 years ago trying to get me to quit. I tried it for a day but it just seemed to burn the hell outta my throat, I thought that just was what vaping was like but in reality it was a bad clearo anyways I threw it into the closet till two months ago when my wife suggested I try to quit again she said try your ecig again , luckily somehow that old clearo broke so I went and bought an evod filled er up and told my wife I'd give it a try when I ran outta smokes ( I really didn't wanna quit ) .......wow I'm getting tired of typing .
Long story short I took it to worked smoked my last cigarette and then took a long hard look at that stupid ego and decided I really wanted to quit so I did and its been almost 2 months smoke free

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Everyone needs to start somewere. Every day you don't smoke those gross cig's is 1 day more towards freedom from the addiction of that crap. Now I been vaping for quite some time, it's not an addiction it is a hobby of sorts. The boring, pull a cig out of the pack, light it up and smoke till it's dead and flick it out the window is so much less fun than fiddleing with your your mod/tank/dripper/trying new flavors etc.
What helped me the most is it satisfied the hand to mouth part, and blowing out vapor, simulating smoke. Felt like I was smoking but I wasn't. Funny how we can trick our brains like that. The addiction to cig's is 2 fold. Physically and metally. Both are HARD to break after smoking Marlboro Reds for 30+ years. But I'm glad I made the change, and so is my doctor/cardiologist heh.

Last edited:

DAMW

Mar 31, 2014
Ohio
I had tried medication, no not the patch or theone that has been said to make you crazy, lol but anothr one. I did have the desire but no will power. I started with a cig a like, then ego over the time of like one week, when I found the variabl3 voltage and a strawberry banana flavor I liked, which by the way I was one that said I like the taste of my cigarettes, fruitynstuff just wont do it! I found myself smoking and vaping at the same time! So I decided I would ask myself what time of the day did I feel like I needed to smoke the most... there were three4 times when I woke up, at lunch, right after work, I am a teacher with RSD nerve damage in my foot, being on my feet all day put me in alot of pain and I needed that right after work smoke and before I went to bed. So for one week that was all I had. I found myself craving the fruit and not liking thetobacco and for part of week two I had a morning and after work vape, then I was done. I did find one in my car and tried it, but didnt like it! I also teied one after I unexpectedly lost my sister in law, again I couldmt stand it! That was 3 and 1 half months ago. Last night I was really put to the test at my brothers annual 4th of July bash, was I tempted by the many people that smoked? No, I THOUGHT THEY SMELLED HORRIBLE, good luck to you, but again the best advic2 I was given:
1 VARIABLE VOLTAGE/ WATTAGE
2 NO TOBACCO FLAVORS

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
I hate the fruity/cake/drink kinda fluid. I only vape Tobacco flavors, as I enjoy them alot (Ry-4, Tobacco, and just bought some minthol I am waiting for to mix etc). There will never be a substitute for Marlboro Reds. But I can at least tase some kind of tobacco that helps me keep going on without smoking cigs. I got my mom into vaping and she buys all the fruity/drink/cake juices. I try hers out when I go to her house. Some are actually pretty good, like very berry, banana split, Pinapple cake, Cotton candy, blueberry, bubble gum etc etc. Not something I would vape all day myself so I just try hers on my Silver bullet when I go over and just try em out. She tries her flavors on my Silver Bullet and is in awe, as she just has an eGo 1100 Mah or something mod. And says to me "I will buy one of those someday". hehe

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
I can't seem to totally shake it yet. I am doing "better", having cut my consumption of analogs in half. I have only really just gotten a handle on my equipment, and how to do all of this properly. I feel like I am getting closer to wanting to let go...yet just cannot seem to make that final decision that "today is the day". So how long did it take you? Or what helped you to finally say goodbye forever?:vapor:

Same exact boat I'm in. With me, I think I just need to STOP buying them, suck it up & be done. Let me know how your journey goes:)

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
Same exact boat I'm in. With me, I think I just need to STOP buying them, suck it up & be done. Let me know how your journey goes:)
For me, once I got several different set ups, and have finally got this down to where it works well, I just vape vape vape instead of grabbing an analog.:vapor::vapor::vapor:
I still have one in a pack from a few days ago, and two packs unopened that I bought 5 or six days ago! Keeping that one in the pack right near where I vape is actually helping, to spite what most people might do. It's there if I want it but I don't. I keep reminding myself of the benefits that will happen. Like whiter teeth, and the potential to get them whitened by my dentist.
Another thing that helped get me over the fear of quitting was to train my brain into a better diet, and lose some weight FIRST. I have lost 27 lbs. Still have some to go, but my fear of a huge weight gain is not an issue now.

Manxsi

Mar 10, 2014
Isle of Man
Like a lot of people here I consider myself very lucky. Never wanted another one once I started vaping. I feel sorry for smokers now, specially the ones who don't know just good vaping is. The very thought of a stinker makes me feel sick. I smoked for 35 years, and don't understand how I did it. Keep going, never give up giving up and it will come.

Supradude

Jun 9, 2014
Pa
I smoked for almost almost 15 years and I am only 28 years old. Almost a pack a day. When I got my first vaporizer I kept smoking the rest of the pack I had left over. My first vaporizer crapped out on me and I relapsed for a few days till I replaced it. I have been vaping for a entire month now. And have no desire to pick up a stinky analog !

Currently vaping mt baker 12% strawberry kiwi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pretty much quit the day after I got my first ego. I had 1 cigarette the day after, 2 drags the next day, and that was it. And that was after smoking 2 packs of Newports a day for 20+ years. If I can do it, anyone can! Have faith and a little will power and you'll be fine. I also downloaded an app that shows how much money I have saved since I quit, and its insane. 5 weeks later and I have no desire to smoke at alllll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread