Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Ah we got ourselves a Hot Topic here!
Vman is correct. Other than the over all resistance, but the heating elements' resistances can also be tweaked (ie. 928ohm,1028ohm etc.) for how hot,how fast, how much of a load it can handle. Also wiring plays a significant role on how much current we're allowed to have pass through.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
LOL I'm not too sure just yet! I'm going to seek out an adapter to play around with a few as the threading is slightly different than the 510. As I understand it, the 510 pretty much made these extinct for the longest time. As I keep reading more about them, the old atomizer does seem to be gaining much popularity lately. They are dripping/dipping devices. I'll wait for some specs then pass them on to you.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
LOL! So, to clear things up, which XHV901, for 6V or 7.4V? Do you still plan to offer both and if so, will you rename one of them to help with the confusion?

Also, ETA on IKV SLB LR/HV DTP MNI 801, about a week?

Not very demanding, am I?

You demanding?! Never! necessitating..maybe :D
We're looking at a week now.
XHV is for eXtra High Voltage usage 7-8.4V
as Hv is well, you know :p I wanted to have separate categories for them, but we are working with small varieties. We can't yet seem to make the 510's in the Xhv version. When they work, it's so beautiful it's just ridiculous. After a week to two, they just cease to work without any indication what so ever. Ok got an idea, I'll photoshop the listings for Hv and XHV specifications so it will be clearly visible to the user.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Unlike ciggies, my new 510 attys burned out in 2 days. Is it my long drags? I reach for analongs when I get too frustrated with my attys. I just want a big hit please.

Which atties are you using on which device and at which voltage?

Edit: I meant to ask which 510 atties, LR, standard, or HV

lung shui

Sep 2, 2010
los angeles
Ooops I think those two were old ones, but still they do burn out quick. Just regular newbie joye 510s nothing special but I do take power hits and overfill. I probably need a more powerful machine. I just love nicotine; it makes me happy and with the ecig I never need to go without. I went to the socal vapemeet in LB yesterday and I was a dork with my pile of beginner 510s. Chris said to buy bulk atties from china for $3 each, thats probably what I need to do If I want a different ciggy for each flavor.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Ooops I think those two were old ones, but still they do burn out quick. Just regular newbie joye 510s nothing special but I do take power hits and overfill. I probably need a more powerful machine. I just love nicotine; it makes me happy and with the ecig I never need to go without. I went to the socal vapemeet in LB yesterday and I was a dork with my pile of beginner 510s. Chris said to buy bulk atties from china for $3 each, thats probably what I need to do If I want a different ciggy for each flavor.

Oh! you had me worried that it was our atties causing the problem. Strong deep hits and over fills eh? A good upgrade to the 510 will ultimately be a Mini/Semi 801. Depending on your voltage the 801 is a powerhouse that sounds to be your perfect bliss. The 2.0 will be great on 3.7V, the 2.5 is a monster on 5V as the 3.5 on 6v is just a beast. The 2.5 on 5V has been my favorite, delivering a strong solid feel,ridiculous vapor production, and flavor that you wouldn't believe. Believe me, it's not marketing, it just is what it is :D

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
There are many reasons why attys quit early. Trying to vape an atty in that has not been seasoned e.g trying to make it work. They do break in naturally.

Taking long hits not allowing atty too cool. A 5 sec hit is more than enough with the proper liquid. Hit the button as your e-cig is on its way to your lips. Take a 2-3 sec drag, let go of the button and draw for 1-2 sec more. The atty is still producing while on its cool down. You will be amaze with the results.

Buying in bulk are for folks that go through attys like underwear. Yes attys are semi-disposable. I pop the od one and I mean the odd one. But most last from 1.5-6 months or more. BTW cheap attys = short last. I popped 8-10 in 1.5 weeks once and they were not necesarily cheap, just that sheep happens.

Wrt buying attys, all my supplies come from here. Why? They perform and last.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
I was actually wondering how long attys last before they stop working, and how to tell when they're dead. (I know the latter is a stupid question.. :p)
I've had my one atty since late March of 2010.

Atties can last you literally as little as 1 minutes up to a few months. It all depends on manufacturer's QC and your vaping habits.

Some atties become unusable after a month or two simply because they get gunked up or the draw becomes too stiff. You will notice a decline in performance. Some atties never make it that far and simply die, not firing at all.... I've heard that they can also pop, but I've never experienced that...

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I was actually wondering how long attys last before they stop working, and how to tell when they're dead. (I know the latter is a stupid question.. :p)

Holly vape, thats a super long time for using one Atty Red Hot,,,, I just fried my first Mini 2 ohm 801 and it was my own fault and I was really curious how long I could use it for since I haven't seen a lack of performance now in 3-4 weeks but 8-9 months on one Atty is insane. Do you vape often ? whats your use pattern. For me there is nothing like a fresh new Atty, I love breaking in a new one and using it but only until I see a lack of performance, then it hits the used Atty coffee can.

seeing I have about 8-10 different ones going all at once each with a different flavor in them I tend to go through a good bit of Atty's but once I see my used Atty can is getting filled up I then do my cleaning ritual and get em all fired up again for round two, once they lack performance after round two they hit the trash can.!

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I'm still using my original attys that came with my eGo in March, mind you one is getting old. The other is still performing at 85-90%. Liquid is key here.

There are many reasons why attys quit early. Trying to vape an atty in that has not been seasoned e.g trying to make it work. They do break in naturally.

Taking long hits not allowing atty too cool. A 5 sec hit is more than enough with the proper liquid. Hit the button as your e-cig is on its way to your lips. Take a 2-3 sec drag, let go of the button and draw for 1-2 sec more. The atty is still producing while on its cool down. You will be amaze with the results.

Buying in bulk are for folks that go through attys like underwear. Yes attys are semi-disposable. I pop the od one and I mean the odd one. But most last from 1.5-6 months or more. BTW cheap attys = short last. I popped 8-10 in 1.5 weeks once and they were not necesarily cheap, just that sheep happens.

Wrt buying attys, all my supplies come from here. Why? They perform and last.[/QUOTE]
Well said Switcher!!! These Great tips are dead-on and going right into the Tips and Tricks section!
Rock on RedHot!
Switcher is definitely right on with his tips and I think you been following them unknowingly.
Not a stupid question in the least. How to tell if your atomizer is truly dead. A Multimeter is needed.
Here's an excerpt from our Multimeter listing on how you can work it with atomizers.
For Atomizer testing there is a Ω sign, this is resistance. Since we're only looking for 0-10 range, we set it to the White 200 marker located nearest to the Ω symbol. Once set, touch the two prongs together and hold for 4 seconds, you only have to do this one time. It recalibrate's the machine.

Place your atomizer cartridge side down so it's standing up. Place the Red (Positive,+) into the hole on the atomizer. Now touch the threads with the Black (Negative,-) prong. Now hold still and watch the numbers as they come to a stop. This is your (Ω,ohm) Resistance rating on your atomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread