How long it take you to get blu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
i dont understand how everyones experience was so bad...i ordered mine it shipped on the 4th day and got here 3 days after that...

Well, on the delivery times side, blu was largely a victim of its own effective marketing. They got slammed with orders and then, at the worst possible time, had to deal with government seizures of shipments at the border. Demand far exceeded expectations, supply was worse than their perceived worst-case scenario. They actually stopped taking orders for several weeks this summer while they caught up. (Which was, in my opinion, absolutely the right thing to do.)

But now they're back to where they should be, apparently. I think it's been at least a month since I've heard of any new orders taking longer than about a week to arrive. I know that both my orders placed in August arrived in less than a week. I placed another order last Friday afternoon (two batteries, a USB charging set, and the new rubberized PCC) and got notice that it shipped today.

blu has a bad reputation for other reasons, too (in my opinion and experience, often undeserved), but this pretty much explains the poor-delivery-time assumptions.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
i guess that makes sense...i havent seen anything about the rubberized PCC, when did that come out?

I first heard about it a couple of weeks ago, I think? The original pack was shiny hard plastic, which is what my starter kit came with when I got it in July. Apparently the new kits come with a pack that has a sort of grippy, rubberized finish. I had been planning to order a second pack as a backup anyway, since they're only $10 including shipping, and I tend to drop mine a lot. :)

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
btw i just talked to blu CS last night, and they had never heard of a rubberized grippy finish...my PCC is flat black, but its smooth...i wonder if this is what people were seeing

Yup, just got mine-- the old one is glossy black plastic, very brittle. The new one is still like that on the inside, but the outside is sort of a rubbery matte finish, definitely grippier. I like it.

On the topic of delivery times, this was my fourth blu order: two batteries, a USB charger, and the new pack, ordered last Friday, delivered Wednesday. Every order I've placed with them has had a shorter delay than the previous one. :thumb:

Looks like Ive made a possible bad dicision, I am now waiting on my BLU Ordered 9/18/9 Still pending but its only been a day. I am very worried about all the negitive feedback on this product. Being my first e-cig I am extremely cautious on spending money on a defective product that I will possibly have to wait a month to receive. Im contemplating canceling the order to buy a M401 or 501 ? Is this cig really the POS everyone says it is?

mld812

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
California
Looks like Ive made a possible bad dicision, I am now waiting on my BLU Ordered 9/18/9 Still pending but its only been a day. I am very worried about all the negitive feedback on this product. Being my first e-cig I am extremely cautious on spending money on a defective product that I will possibly have to wait a month to receive. Im contemplating canceling the order to buy a M401 or 501 ? Is this cig really the POS everyone says it is?

The shipping problems have been resolved. All of the comments since late August/early September reported normal shipping times. I ordered mine 9/5/09 and received it 9/11/09 (keeping in mind that 9/7/09 was a holiday).

I can't comment on the other e-cigarettes, because so far I've only used blu.

Backslash

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Louisville, KY USA
www.nws.noaa.gov
No shipping delay for me - I ordered my Blu on the 15th (white starter kit), and received it on the 18th. I had actually sent an email to cancel the order the next day, but they apparently already shipped it. I was cancelling because I ordered the Sidesho from Modern Vapor instead, and I like the Sidesho much better. Blu carts seem very weak and vapor production was marginal - no noticable throat hit at all. Granted, I have not fully broken in the Blu atomizer.

However, I do like the USB attachments that come with the Blu, and I like the fact that a fully assembled battery, atomizer and cartridge can fit in the PCC.

Backslash

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Louisville, KY USA
www.nws.noaa.gov
Lol. Probably because I sent the cancellation email they pushed it through real quick so they would save the sale.

That's pure conjecture, btw, Blu fans. I'm actually using it now as I type this and it's getting better. I threw the carts to the other side of the room earlier and I am dripping now. Only way I can get it to work for me.

theabstract7

Oct 10, 2009

do you post on 2p2?

also, i just ordered mine yesterday, i will keep everyone posted on shipping. This is my first e-cig, i smoke about 1/2 a pack a day of Parliment Full Flavors so hopefully can get off those soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread