How long it take you to get blu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolly

Oct 24, 2009
New Jersey
just so everybody knows. If you order blu with the full flavor, it takes right up to 4 or 5 weeks. My buddy lives 2 miles from me, he got his in like 6 days. He ordered the ultralight.

I totally ordered Ultra-Lights too! But still waiting...

I waited for mines about a month and half . I gave up on them , cancelld my order and went for the vapor king 510 from electronic cigs inc. Dude can't be happier, super fast shipping awesome customer service, great e cig .:)

When did you order yours?

MarthaT

Moved On
Jul 23, 2009
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: spam

Hoang

Nov 11, 2009
Well, I'm on my 6th week of waiting and e-mailed the president because customer service was just giving me the same answer. This email made me feel a little bit better:

Hi Hoang, this week the entire recall will be finished and cleared and orders will start going out. Next week starting the 16th should see full production and order processing with the back log cleared, in order of date ordered, within 2 weeks. Come December first the new site and cartridge products will be launched. At which point all orders will be shipped within 48 hours of ordering.

Thank you
Jason Healy
President
blu cigs

Killpill

Nov 26, 2009
Florida
It took a month to get mine, got it today. I ordered it for my dad, as he is a heavy smoker. I was interested in how a smoker would react to this type of thing. Call it an experiment.

I do not smoke, but I have. I've always liked smoking but didn't get into it due to its health effects, not to mention costs. The Blu was well advertised; I did no research before buying it. Much to my dismay a few minutes ago, happening upon this forum.

However, I realized that the Blu is a good start for my dad. I tested it out a little while ago, as I want to know basic ins and outs of the Blu before presenting it to him, and found it to be very basic. Not that my dad can't use complicated things; I just want to make sure he doesn't get frustrated with it.

I do have a few questions though, and, as I cannot make a topic of my own, would like to ask them here.

I bought the Blu starter kit, it states there is only one atomizer. However, there were two atomizers attached to empty carts in my blue box. One was loosely screwed into a battery, this is the one I used first. The other was separated from the other battery. Is this a simple error to my advantage or is the other a fake? They look the same, but the one was wasn't attached seems to give less vapor. This may be because it has been used less, I don't know.

I have also read about using carts from a different supplier then Blu. I would like to know of the supplier, as the shipping from Blu's company is simply too long. I think if my dad gets into vaporing, he will enjoy juicing carts himself, are there carts that fit the Blu available for this?

Lately, I knew the atomizers need to be replaced at some point. Could I use a different supplier for this?

Hopefully my quickly learned terms are used correctly in this post. XD

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Is this a simple error to my advantage or is the other a fake? They look the same, but the one was wasn't attached seems to give less vapor. This may be because it has been used less, I don't know.

I have also read about using carts from a different supplier then Blu. I would like to know of the supplier, as the shipping from Blu's company is simply too long. I think if my dad gets into vaporing, he will enjoy juicing carts himself, are there carts that fit the Blu available for this?

Lately, I knew the atomizers need to be replaced at some point. Could I use a different supplier for this?

As far as the atomizers on Blu cigs(model L88b) you need to use em for a little while to break them in. Sometimes attys go bad and some come DOA.

As to the question about alternate suppliers...my suggestion would be to go with Volcano at Volcanoecigs.com . They supply the same attys, carts, chargers, PCCs, etc. The batteries come with the Volcano logo instead of the Blu logo, and the have an orange LED instead of blue. They ship within 24hrs of ordering and have far better customer service. Prices are roughly the same except for the PCC. Blu wants $10, Volcano wants $13. If you ask me though, $3 more is a small price to pay to get it in a few days as opposed to 4-6 weeks (maybe) with Blu.

You can clean L88b carts and reuse them for quite a while. Eventually they will wear out (loose fit, degraded cart filler) and will need to be tossed. Refill juice (e-juice,e-liquid) can be purchased from numerous suppliers. Look in the Suppliers section and check out their sites. Which one you pick will depend on budget and taste.

Attys break down after being used for a while. Some of my friends have been using the same one for 4-5 months without a problem. One friend had one die a few days ago after only 6 weeks of use. She's rough on equipment though. I'd recommend having a few spares. All things considered though, if it lasts a month and dies, you've only spent around a buck a week to run your e-cig. I can live with that. YMMV.

Read around the forum and you'll find plenty of videos on how to fill carts, clean attys, e-cig reviews, etc.

Good Luck

kujo1967

Oct 15, 2009
I finally got my Blu starter packs on the 24th of November.
I ordered them on the 7th of October so I guess that would make it about 6 weeks that I had to wait. Funny thing is they didn't charge my credit card until they actually shipped so I wasn't sure if I was going to receive anything or not.
After the initial atty breakin I started tasted the flavors, which aren't bad but I think I'm going to need a higher dose of Nicotine if I'm going to make the break from analogs.
Almost 2 packs a day makes for rather high dosage needed.
Overall I'm pleased with the product, but will need to gain confidence in them before I can commit to ditching the analogs.

Katze

Dec 6, 2009
Kalamazoo
I smoked my last cigarette on my way home from work. I was about to leave to buy some when I saw that I had a package. I opened it up and tried it out (my other battery is recharging now... this all happened 30-45 minutes ago). I really like this thing, but I think I overdid it by a bit because now I'm jittery as four espressos.

I ordered a starter kit during the morning of November 27th and received it December 5th. So it took mine eight days to get to me in SW Michigan. Overall I love this thing already, especially considering the savings I'll make now that Michigan has nearly tripled taxes on rolling tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread