The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How long it take you to get blu?

Discussion in 'Blu Electronic Cigarettes' started by zaden, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Duke Duel

Duke Duel Full Member

Jun 24, 2009
    San Diego, Ca
    youtube.com/watch?v=OrN-lcPhqdU

listen to the first 20 sec and the dude says he ordered it on Sunday, and got on Wednesday. he did post it in may.

So they did at one point ship faster.

2. Duke Duel

Duke Duel Full Member

Jun 24, 2009
    San Diego, Ca
    the above i found on you tube i guess they used to have a shipping depy.

3. Twinkie

Twinkie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2009
    That's quite vague.

Do I think this exchange is reasonable:
    "Hi, can you tell me when order #12345 is going to ship?"
    "No, I'm sorry, I don't know."
    "Okay, (cancel my order / thanks)."

Sure.

That's not the exchange you described. And over a $60 item? No, I don't think it's reasonable to pester Blu when their site says you're stuck waiting up to 14 business days. (And yes, it said 5 when I ordered, too. But it doesn't say that now.)

And you're not.

So the person you spoke to used less than proper English. Find me a company anywhere that has 100% of their customer service people who speak proper English with a Midwestern accent.

This is why I cancelled my order, instead of wasting my time trying to convince some poor CS rep that I'm a bigshot because I ordered something.

My point was that the other vendors listed throughout the forums are generally polite and responsive people, who generally don't need someone harassing them over a $60 order.

Again, find me a company with their own CS department that doesn't operate like this.

Having worked in (and managed) a call center, that's just how it goes. Unless Blu is a total Mom & Pop operation, expecting the person you're talking to to be in the same building is probably asking a lot. Expecting them to go wandering off to investigate precisely where you are in their queue is more trouble than it's worth.

And referencing experience again, she very well could have handed you off to someone the next cube over, who would have claimed to have been a manager, and lied his or her head off.

Poor you. If that's all you have to be angry about in the world, you're the luckiest person ever.

No, they really are just people with $60. They sell a product, and you want to buy it. End of story. They don't want to come over for a BBQ, and you don't want to drop in to talk about baseball.

The money they're likely to make from this sale is probably not very substantial. And when you're calling CS over and over again for status updates, you're more trouble than you're worth as a customer. More than a few stores would tell you to pound sand.

No, basically.

Their FAQ page says up to 14 business days. Almost every thread about Blu is full of complaints about backorders. Don't pretend that this totally came out of left field.

Just accept that for whatever reason, they're not doing what they promised (if like me, you ordered when they were saying the orders would be to your door in 5 business days). Either wait it out, or cancel your order and take your money somewhere that values your business more.

Edit:
    Have you considered the possibility that some CS people are lying to get people off of the phone?

If you call me up, and I genuinely have no idea when your item is going to ship, you're going to nag me until I find out.

If I just lie to you and tell you it's shipping next week, you'll grumble, but you'll inevitably leave me alone until then.

4. david50

david50 Moved On

Jun 20, 2009
    still pending.... waited 18 business days 3 1/2 weeks lol this is rediculous. some people are freaking out after two weeks. orderd on the first of june.

customer service just says "i know they are working on orders from around that period just give anoter few days"

trust me if you dont want to wait a month or if you orderd past the first be prepaired to wait

even if they ship tomorrow it will be a total of month and a half to doorstep this sucks

hire more people!!8-o

5. DaBrat

DaBrat Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2009
    Back end of GA
    LOL my thoughts exactly Dave. 'If these folks that order at the beginning of the month are still waiting, will I be opening my Blu for XMAS? lol....

Figured there were enuff people in that line so got something else in the meantime.... gonna see how everything shakes out and look for more reviews on this device on this forum before I consider reordering.

6. Atomicmonky

Atomicmonky New Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I guess that's reasonable scenario if you don't care about receiving the order. I haven't decided if I'm there yet. I still want my Blu.

That's because I didn't cancel my order, Twinkie ;)

Yup. $60 dollars. :|

Inquiring about my order is pestering? Isn't that what customer service is there to do?

Damn right. I was told 10 business days. On the web and on the phone when I placed my order.

Teletech Telecommunications Inc.

Good for you. And now that you cancelled your order, no blu for u. "Bigshot because I ordered something"? Yeah. That's about right. And I shouldn't have to convince anybody about that, not even you. Inquiry about a product you ordered is never a waste of time. That's why customer service is there in the first place.[/quote]

Mmmm, k. Harrassment is not the same as inquiry. I have a right to ask for a supervisor cuz it's my 60 bux and my personal info I gave them.

Teletech Telecommunications, Inc.

I also worked for and managed a call center. I know how it works. ;)

Surprise! I keep getting Taylor. My guess is that it's a basement operation. Or runs like it, anyway.

Ummmm....I asked them to email the fulfillment center. Something they are able to do. They just wont because I'm not "Specialer" according to the Rep, Ms. Taylor. Standing up to see if a sup is there or leaving their cubicle to find one while placing the caller on hold is not unheard of. Maybe in her case it requires putting the nail file down and going upstairs to her kitchen to get her boss down to the basement?

That is a risk I am willing to take... referencing experience ;)

Angry? You seem angry. I'm just a little irrate. :)

Got that straight. And now I want my product. End of story.

Well, that's the risk they take for not being upfront about product back orders on their website order pg and during phone orders. As for the pounding sand part, that's why Customer Quality assurance exists at certain call centers. From your disposition on this matter, I take it there was no quality assurance team monitor calls at your center?

Exactly. :rolleyes:

So nice you read the fine print. But when I placed my fone order, I was told 10 business days. And now I'm inquiring.

And I will take this advice.

Yeah. That's why I'm asking for a Supervisor.

When it comes to business transactions or monatary ones, I don't take no for an answer until I am certain all possible sources and resources have been exhausted. So I find that, as a Customer Service Rep for Blu Cig, Ms. Taylor is of no use to me; seeing as she's just ignorant about everything and justs blabs her script like a parrot and lies through her teeth and all. So. mmmmm, yeah. I prefer to escalate to a supervisor in her case. And, when possible, I prefer to talk with someone else more eloquent, more professional, and more curteous. She should have said, "more special." "Specialer." Gawed. :rolleyes:

To the Owner &/or partners of the Blu Cig site:

Please, Mr. Healy. Fire her. She doesn't even refresh the call every two minutes, is rude, and hits the release call button when she can't handle a call. I hope Blu Cig gets to the point where they can afford quality assurance so they can actually see Ms. Taylor's call handling skills. What am I saying. I just hope Blu Cig expands its basement operation to fill my orders or I will take my business elsewhere. I'm giving Blu Cig a week.
    :evil:

7. dansaber

dansaber Full Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2009
    rochester, NY
    blu cigs suck took me a week and a half to relize these guys are not very proffesonal, i canceled and im waiting for my smokes from smoke liberation the guys cool and dilivered it within a day or two

8. smallfacey

smallfacey New Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Have you considered the possibility that some CS people are lying to get people off of the phone?

If you call me up, and I genuinely have no idea when your item is going to ship, you're going to nag me until I find out.

If I just lie to you and tell you it's shipping next week, you'll grumble, but you'll inevitably leave me alone until then.[/quote]

Yes, Twinkie, in point of fact, I have considered the possibility that some CS people are lying to get me off of the phone. Have you considered the possibility that some customers do not wish to deal with a company represented by liars?

9. 3characters+

3characters+ Full Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2009
    Yes, Twinkie, in point of fact, I have considered the possibility that some CS people are lying to get me off of the phone. Have you considered the possibility that some customers do not wish to deal with a company represented by liars?

:)

Twinkie, your choice of battles is strange to say the least.

10. Duke Duel

Duke Duel Full Member

Jun 24, 2009
    San Diego, Ca
    I finally got some sort of answer about the wait. They told me that the wait was because I ordered the white one. They said that if I had ordered the black one I would had gotten it already. that is story number 3 I had gotten. The other 2 are not enough workers in the shipping dept and the demand is so great that the ordered product is in stock but backed up. Take your pick those are the 3 stories I got.

11. Epic621

Epic621 Full Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2009
    Long Island, New York
    I ordered my blu on 6/12. I've been reading these forums for about a week, so I know what has been going on with these guys. :D I noticed last week that on their site my invoice had a new transaction on it, next to the transaction type it said "ticket" So I contacted them to ask about it and they told me it meant mine would ship in a day or so.This was Thursday. Last night while I was checking my bank account I noticed that they had taken their money on Thursday, so I contacted them via chat again today:

Madison: Hello. Thank you for contacting Blu Cigs Help Desk. How may I assist you today?
    John: Hi, How are you? I was wondering if you guys took my money from my account on Thursday, why hasn't my order shipped yet?
    Madison: I can look into this for you. May I have the order # or your email address please?
    John: 124480***
    Madison: Thank you, one moment please.
    John: k, thanks
    Madison: I'm looking into this for you now. Thank you for your patience.
    John: I appreciate it, thank you
    Madison: I am actually going to forward this over to our fulfillment department for review. We will be sending you an email reply on this issue shortly.
    John: OK. Thank you.

Never got an email, but a short time later I checked my blu account and it said my order shipped, the only problem is USPS doesn't recognize the tracking number. . . . . Go blu. . . :evil:

12. Epic621

Jun 29, 2009
    Long Island, New York
    Oh thank goodness I can edit. . . .

13. dhkosta

dhkosta New Member

Jun 30, 2009
    I ordered my Blu on 6.14.09 and at that time the FAQ said two weeks. A week later I talked to support and they told me it'd ship in a week. Now it's been two weeks and my order still says pending, and when I contacted support they told me that it'd be an additional two weeks. I'm really irked about this, but I really want the Blu as well. I'm really surprised they're having this much trouble keeping up with demand.

14. TomCei

TomCei Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2009
    Williamsport, PA
    As I can tell i'm going to be waiting a while and probably will not get them until my next semester of college I figured i'll join in. I ordered this past saturday June 27th, 2009. We'll go from there!

15. chars13

chars13 New Member

Jun 20, 2009
    i got one it took 2 weeks but its worth the wait ive had it for 3 weeks the starter carts lasted 2 weeks and im refilling them with liquid awesome lots of smoke great taste but this is just my opinion i havent smoked in 3 weeks and ive smoked for 20 years so long cigarettes hello blu

16. Epic621

Jun 29, 2009
    Long Island, New York
    I'm glad to see that some people are having a positive experience once they have received the kit. I just wish this company would stop dragging their collective asses. That tracking number that didn't work yesterday at least acknowledges today that blu has sent them the info electronically and that USPS has been informed of the intent to ship. . . . Cigtechs would have sent me my .... already. . . . .:|

17. palermo45

palermo45 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2009
    What a sorry ... excuse!! LOL,,, Is that really the best they can tell customers? Im sure if someone says they ordered a black one, BLU will tell them the same thing. If that is the case, then they should have it stated clearly on their website that if you order a certain color, your order may be delayed...

18. palermo45

Jan 4, 2009
    What are you talking about? Blu charges your credit card the second you place your order. What they do is obvious!! They collect peoples money, use that money (YOUR MONEY) to purchase the products, import them, then ship them out. All they have is great marketing because they are able to aquire thousands of "SHEEP" for free who go around and post ads everywhere in hopes they will make a great commission. It's a good marketing ploy, but that is all the Blu company is. A PLOY!! An honest company does not make people search through all of their pages on their website to be unpleasantly surpised that "typically your order ships within 14 days". That is plain wrong and cheating people!! They should have it in bold on their front page!! BLU CAN TAKE 14-30 DAYS TO RECEIVE. Just wait til the attorney general starts getting tons of complaints. Blu will become nonexistent simply because they are dishonest!!

19. palermo45

Jan 4, 2009
    Everyone who has placed an order over 2 weeks ago should immediately cancel their order. You can always get the product for the same price from another company or wait until BLU actually has their product in stock. If a few thousand people call them up and cancel their orders, maybe that will let BLU know that they can't push around and take advantage of consumers as they have been.

20. palermo45

Jan 4, 2009
    Hey Twinkie,, Why aren't you putting together orders and shipping?? Get to work!!! Can't you see there are tons of pissed off people waiting for their orders?? It's obvious you are affiliated with BLU...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.