The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How long it take you to get blu?

Discussion in 'Blu Electronic Cigarettes' started by zaden, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bones DO

Bones DO New Member

Jun 30, 2009
    I think we need to burn the twinkie...

2. Twinkie

Twinkie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2009
    No, they don't. They place a hold on it. If you use a debit card, the money won't be available for you to use, but if you're using a credit card, it isn't billed to you until the charge is actually processed.

This is not how credit card processing works. Just as you're not being charged until they process the payment, they're not receiving money.

Totally agree with you here, except for the "cheating people" part. People are getting their orders, but well after they expect to.

Like I had said in other posts, I came here looking for info on Blu, because every other place I looked was a shady "affiliate" posting about how wonderful Blu was, and to click their referral link.

This isn't really how the AG offices work.

A person can complain to their AG all day long, and the AG will send a letter to whoever is being complained about, and ask for a response, much like the BBB. But unless something illegal has happened, they won't really get involved.

Sorry, I'm too busy posting about canceling my Blu order, or comparing my M402 to my black IntelliCig Evo.

You're pretty awesome at looking at a person's post history! :rolleyes:

3. TomCei

TomCei Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2009
    Williamsport, PA
    Haha...I ordered the black ones - you want me to ask them and see if I get that answer about the black ones? I'd laugh in the chat screen or on the phone if they tell me that. I'll try it out today if i'm THAT bored haha! :D

4. TomCei

Jun 30, 2009
    Williamsport, PA
    The only reason i'm not all up and about this is because i'm more worried about the FDA banning E-Cigs in the first place!!! As we all should be! Plus I've been able to cut down to two or three cigarettes a day thanks to my horrible summer job...I still want to switch over, but I haven't smoked a half pack to 2 packs a day or w/e so i'm not as desperate. Oh and don't buy cigarettes from walmart - I got charged seven bucks for a pack of marl. menthol 72's. I think thats all I wanted to say? Might've been a stupid pointless post but w/e tear me apart for it then!

5. dntbuyblu

dntbuyblu Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2009
    oregon
    took them a month to send me a starter package and they sent me the wrong color and i ordered refills for cartridges 3 weeks ago and still have not received them i call blu cigs every day and they say they havent got any in yet ...

6. geobuzz

geobuzz Full Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Hey guys, first post here. I have been reading threads for quite some time before making the move to purchase a PV. I had planned on the Intellicig for a while but at the last minute, ordered the Blu. I live in Charlotte (where Blu is based) so I foolishly thought that would expedite the shipping process. Anyhow, excitement (and being tired of spending $8 a pack for cloves) got the best of me and so i started googling to find out how long it was really going to take to get my Blu. Needless to say, I ended up here.

After reading all that has transpired, i decided to give Innovapor a call based on some recommendations in the forums. 'Mark' answered and was more than helpful. It turns out the Blu would have been a bad choice anyhow because 3 nights a week I am a dj, and the microphone trigger would have constantly made the e-cig turn on in my pocket. Mark helped me put together a great order consisting of the following...

For Daily Use:
    2 EVO Mighty Atom Batteries
    2 EVOlution Atomizers
    3 3ml bottles of ECOpure - Fresh Flavor
    10 EVO Reusable Cartridges pre-filled.
    1 USB Charger

AND, For Nightclub Use:
    2 Manual 510 Batteries
    2 Atomizers (not Titans)
    3 3ml bottles of ECOpure in menthol
    5 Empty Reusable Cartridges
    1 USB Charger
    And he threw in a 3ml bottle of each of the Rich, Regular and Mild flavors.
    ALL FOR $100 - Shipped out today and I will have it here by Friday (just in time to dj!)

Mark also told me a few new things shaping up in the industry (and since I am a noob, they may only be new to me ;)
    First, they are looking into a male/female adapter that will allow both battery styles to be charged with the same usb adapter.
    Second, that a PCC is in the works for the EVO, and last, that Intellicig is currently working on an EVO with an on/off switch.
    That might have saved me from buying 2 styles, but I think i like the idea that i have 2 different PVs coming in that I can try out (right Twinkie!), not to mention spreading the wear and tear out a bit.

I know some of you are still thinking $60 vs $100, right? Well, do $8 a pack for cloves, 4 packs a week. It has been 10 days since I had ordered the Blu, and was told it could be up to 2 more weeks. That is about 14 packs over 24 days or $112. How much was I really saving waiting on the Blu and still buying analogs? NOTHING! I am glad I cancelled my order and looked for an alternative.

Soooo, thank you to everyone who has posted. As was mentioned earlier, we noobs should def listen to the wisdom of the experienced. Blu was very accommodating in cancelling my order (although it took 10 minutes for a 3 line chat session). They are just getting bombarded right now. If you don't want to wait, then don't. There might just be a better product out there for you (manual vs. automatic for me) that is waiting to be discovered, not to mention many solid businesses out there that would certainly appreciate your business!

Sorry for the long first post and I hope it is relevant to this forum!
    PS, thanks to the guy who said "I wish I had a business where people would wait 3 weeks for an inferior product" - don't know where I read that but it was really the catalyst for me.

7. david50

david50 Moved On

Jun 20, 2009
    after a month of waiting i cancelled my order.... forget it. its not even the wait that sucks but from what i have heard the batteries need to be replaced every so often and the attys are not dependable. if i have to wait a month every time i need cartriges or parts forget it. customer service sucks they will lie to you. Tell blu to stick the attomizer in there a** and blow!! good luck to everyone. PLEASE don't support blu.

8. sunnyday

sunnyday Full Member ECF Veteran

Had a lengthy live chat with an info support babe Wednesday and ask if it's really 2 weeks until they ship ... she said more like 4 weeks. They supposedly have a fantastic product and in demand. There you go.

9. TomCei

Jun 30, 2009
    Williamsport, PA
    I talked to Rickardo last night (after waiting half an hour to an hour to talk to ANYONE) and he told me that yesterday they were on July 12th orders and that in two weeks they should be on July 27th orders (when I ordered mine if you havent read through thread). Idk what the speed is of their shipping department, so I don't know if I really trust that. I'm sure that once they are doen getting their feet wet and dive in they will prosper into a great company. I'm a small business owner myself and I know what its like to have a flock of birds come and crap on the car you just bet you could clean in 3 1/2 minutes.

10. TomCei

Jun 30, 2009
    Williamsport, PA
    Oh, but if you wanna cancel your order go ahead. That way I can get mine quicker and the queue can get lower!

11. Epic621

Epic621 Full Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2009
    Long Island, New York
    I ordered on 6/12, I just received my blu starter kit today. I waited. I'm glad I did. I wasn't sure I was going to be into vaping. I know I don't want to smoke analogs anymore and after taking my first few hits off of my blu, I know that I won't. I'm not saying that the blu is going to be my primary forever, (kind of have my eye on a 306a kit and an M-401) but if it wasn't for blu and their marketing campaign a lot of us would not have known that this was an alternative to slowly killing ourselves by clogging our lungs with tar and, eventually, cancer. I'm happy with it, not so much because of the quality or the flavor or throat hit or anything like that, but because it has provided me with a viable solution to a problem I have been wrestling with for 19 years. I get to keep my nicotine habit with all of the motions that go with it and not worry about hurting my kids if I find myself on a long car trip and I need to smoke. No more driving around in the dead of winter with the heat blasting and all of the windows wide open because we've been in the car for more than a half an hour and if I don't have a smoke I may start crashing into random people due to road rage. ;-) No more worrying about my temper getting the better of me because the patch is .... and the gum just isn't the same.
    If it wasn't for that blu ad, I wouldn't be here now. Sure their CS sucks and this backlog stuff is BS. But now I know they aren't the only game in town and I know that there are suppliers on ECF that treat their customers like gold. Read the threads, you'll see who they are.

12. TomCei

Jun 30, 2009
    Williamsport, PA
    Thats awesome Epic621 just what I wanted to hear! That was pretty quick too...I looked at the dates and it was about two weeks which isn't bad. Can't wait to get mine. Will be my first and probably only and hopefully last contact with nicotine!

13. Epic621

Epic621 Full Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2009
    Long Island, New York
  14. TomCei

Jun 30, 2009
    Williamsport, PA
    Has anyone else gotten theirs yet? Or did the rest of you cancel? Rickardo told me 2 weeks and then Dylan told me 10-15 days. Then I asked him if they'd hired more people for the shipping department and the entire conversation stopped for 3 minutes - It's pretty bad when the customer has to ask the CSR if they are still at their computer.

15. SteadyBallin

SteadyBallin New Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I ordered mine on May 30 and it got here July 1

16. Bones DO

Bones DO New Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Ordered 6/13 still waiting... I'm not gonna give up just because I've waited this long and those who get it seem to enjoy it... but should I order my refills the day I get the starter kit so as to avaoid this insane wait? I emailed support asking if this wait will be typical and I have not gotten a reply yet (it's been 6 days). I have also tried using the live chat twice but never got thru to an agent I waited over 20 min both attempts. People who have used online support- how long did you have to wait for someone to talk to you?

17. TomCei

Jun 30, 2009
    Williamsport, PA
    If you want to stock up I would just order now so that you dont run out in a month and have to wait to get more. As for online support - i've waited practically no time to an hour (at which point I just say eff it and try again at some other time). Let me give you this if you are an early bird like me (waking up at 6:30am) you can almost always get through instantly. Other than that during the day and night the lines start to get clogged.

18. TomCei

Jun 30, 2009
    Williamsport, PA
    Ok so I started talking to OS at about 6:45am EST - had no wait AND PPL TALK TO CARSON HE IS THE EFFING MAN!!! Just check out how awesome he is!

Carson: Hello. Thank you for contacting Blu Cigs Help Desk. How may I assist you today?

Tom: How long will it take for me to get my order? And will the company be like this down the road?

Carson: We ask about 10-15 business days between order placement and shipping date and receiving the product. And our goal is to shortly reach an actual 5 business day turnaround on this

Tom: Ok awesome. Could you tell me what day or orders your shipping department is working on?

Tom: of*

Carson: Not currently, they tend to not divulge that information to us here in the customer care department. If you have an order number I can estimate about when your order should ship out however. It will not be definite but an approximate timeline based on the information we do have from the shipping department.

Tom: Ok

Tom: my Order number is 1234567890

Carson: Thank you.

Tom: Yup

Tom: Actually thank you Carson - your the best CSR i've talked to yet.

Carson: Thank you for that as well, I do try to offer some insight as I understand how frustrating this can be when you are waiting for something and it has not come yet.

Tom: Yeah - i've been reading on the forums and people are getting ticked off at waiting for a month to get theirs.

Tom: Oh well that happens!

Carson: From your date of the 27th, I advise your order should be, approximately shipping out around the 17th. I do apologize for the delay, but it is due to the overwhelming demand for the product, and only because we have a strict first in, first out clause. However we are also working towards lessening that time, so hopefully that timeframe can be shortened and your order gotten to a bit faster, but current it looks like about the 17th for your order to ship out.

Tom: Ok - thats not bad. Have you hired more people in the shipping dept.?

Carson: We have and are working extra shifts to get more orders out faster.

Tom: Oh ok. Carson - Thanks a lot! Keep up that attitude and help everyone else out like that for the company's sake. Have a good day - don't let the customers bum you out man! Haha. Bye

Carson: No problem. Thank you again. Have a great holiday.

Carson: We appreciate you contacting our Blu Cigs Help Desk. We hope that your issue has been resolved.

Carson: Thank you again for contacting us.

Carson:

Carson: Phone (Toll Free): 1-888-207-4588

Tom: Oh yeah its 4th of July - have a good holiday too!

19. VAPOONIE

VAPOONIE New Member

Apr 29, 2009

I got mine. I placed the order on 6/11. There was a notice on the websites home page that orders were backed up. Cant remember the exact words, but it did say minimum of 2 weeks, or 14 business days. Mine arrived in 13 days and I checked my credit card statement, the actual charge was made on the day they shipped. They do request an authorization when you place the order, however the actual charge is placed when they ship. This is the 2nd one I purchased, the 1st one I ordered in May and it arrived in 3 days.

It is a good product, but the 510 and 306 are much better as far as vapor and throat hit. Those I purchased from CIGTECHS - my main supplier. I like the Blu for when I am out because it holds everything I need for the day and charges a battery. You also get alot for the price. It is helping me reduce the amount of nicotine I use. I got the 2nd kit for backup and it will probably go to a friend who is trying to quit the analogs.

20. Duke Duel

Duke Duel Full Member

Jun 24, 2009
    San Diego, Ca
    did you order black or white? They told me the wait was because of i ordered the white.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.