How long were you vaping before getting a Provari? What made you decide to take the plunge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took me a little over a year to take the plunge. I started off with a kit from V2cigs (the tiny 808 batts), vapor was decent right after being charged but, battery life was terrible so that didn't last long. Moved on to the X2's from Smokeless Image - battery life was good but they would die after about 3 months of usage. At $20-25 a battery every 3 months I realized it was time to move on to something better. Got my Provari mini shortly after New Years, and at 4.5 months haven't had to shell out anymore money, which is great. The AW IMRs are still working great, and I expect them to for at least several more month if not longer. One of the issues I had before switching to a Provari was that all of my smaller batts would come off the charger way hotter than they should have (even though they are marketed as regulated....) and burn through cartos even if they were soaking wet. It almost made me go back to analogs. But, I don't have to deal with that anymore and it's definitely saving me money.......and patience. I really regret not starting with a Provari in the first place.

yoitzo

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Cali, US
The first time I tried ecigs was back in '09 and it didn't stick. I tried it for about a 2-3 weeks and gave up. I tried again in.... '11? I got the ego tanks. Tried it for a week and gave up. This time around, I started up again with the ego tank battery but with disposable clearomizers and the vivi nova. 1 week in, I bought my ProVari and haven't looked back. While using the ego tank for a week, I researched non-stop on VV mods available. Went this way cause it's American made, has warranty and best of all built like a tank. I've dropped it MANY times already and it still works just fine.

Ravalstoney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Dallas, Tx
3 weeks. Is my first time on e-cigs and my last time on analogs. I did a lot of research on them and decided I'd be at it a while. So of course I had to get one asap. I work in metals and maintenance, I know quality when I see it. I have a Vamo I won in a raffle that'll be in the classified real soon, since my mvp will be here today.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
The AW IMRs are still working great, and I expect them to for at least several more month if not longer. One of the issues I had before switching to a Provari was that all of my smaller batts would come off the charger way hotter than they should have (even though they are marketed as regulated....) and burn through cartos even if they were soaking wet.
Funny you mention that. As well as they perform, you'll still want to exercise caution using AW batteries. I'm usually mindful about not carrying batteries in my pocket since they tend to heat up. I ignored that practice yesterday and noticed my leg getting warmer. I knew immediately it was the battery. Removed it from my pocket and set it on my desk to cool. But it wasn't just warm...it was RED HOT. So hot, in fact, that I watched the red plastic covering slowly melt and curl from the battery. After 10 or 15 minutes, the battery was cool enough to handle. Once it was cold, I tested it to see if it needed to be replaced. It worked, but it had greatly discharged. Recharged it with no problem and it works as before. Needless to say, I've learned my lesson about proper battery handling.

motox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
Poinciana, FL
I had been vaping on and off for about a year before I got mine. Had been through the expected transition from blu to 510 pen style then to my beloved Silver Bullet, a BB and the Phidias Maximus (I still love the way that one feels in the hand!). My partner also vapes so I got him the first ProVari of the household as a birthday gift. When I saw it and used it I knew that I had to have one myself! The rest is history.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.

SlaughterhouseV

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
TN
It took me a long time. I started with a Blu kit a couple years ago, then a few kits from Revolver (Elite, Infinity Ion, Talon) never really being able to actually curb the analog habit entirely (partially to difficulty finding the right juices). Then I got an Innokin iTaste VV2, then an Innokin iTaste MVP. Finally with the Innokins I found some setups that worked right and some tolerable to me 100% VG juices. My biggest hang up was coming from being a menthol smoker for over a decade I was determined to find a menthol juice that matched the taste and experience. I finally got past this when I found some juices from Ahlusion and The Vapor Room. I finally got my Provari Mini 2.5 last month and could kick myself for waiting so long. Long story short, took me a couple years before talking myself into the price. And now, was worth every penny. My new Lil Mama tank with the Procise silver finish looks excellent on my silver Provari Mini 2.5. Later will have to acquire a ProV tank from Vapor Fexion as well as it just looks to be a perfect match for the Provari line. In the interim the iClear 30s, Lil Mama tank, ibanked setups I have all look great on it and perform excellently. Highly recommend them. Ahlusions Blueberry Vanilla Cake tastes excellent in all of them and despite being a dessert vape has become one of my favorite and after the new order arrives in the mail will be my personal primary vape again. My apologies for the extra rambling.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
It took me a long time. I started with a Blu kit a couple years ago, then a few kits from Revolver (Elite, Infinity Ion, Talon) never really being able to actually curb the analog habit entirely (partially to difficulty finding the right juices). Then I got an Innokin iTaste VV2, then an Innokin iTaste MVP. Finally with the Innokins I found some setups that worked right and some tolerable to me 100% VG juices. My biggest hang up was coming from being a menthol smoker for over a decade I was determined to find a menthol juice that matched the taste and experience. I finally got past this when I found some juices from Ahlusion and The Vapor Room. I finally got my Provari Mini 2.5 last month and could kick myself for waiting so long. Long story short, took me a couple years before talking myself into the price. And now, was worth every penny. My new Lil Mama tank with the Procise silver finish looks excellent on my silver Provari Mini 2.5. Later will have to acquire a ProV tank from Vapor Fexion as well as it just looks to be a perfect match for the Provari line. In the interim the iClear 30s, Lil Mama tank, ibanked setups I have all look great on it and perform excellently. Highly recommend them. Ahlusions Blueberry Vanilla Cake tastes excellent in all of them and despite being a dessert vape has become one of my favorite and after the new order arrives in the mail will be my personal primary vape again. My apologies for the extra rambling.

I think you will really like the Vaperfexion tank on a Provari. I love mine. I only want to use the V2 on my Provari's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread