How long were you vaping before getting a Provari? What made you decide to take the plunge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Mine arrived. The stuff I have is not worthy of being mounted on this thing.

I want all of my stuff to be of this build quality if that is possible.

I am using it now but the stuff mounted on it seems super cheap by comparison.

I love this thing, it is fantastic.

I have made my decision. Even if something better comes along this is good enough for me.

I have the full sized version with 18650 extender which makes perfect since for home use.

The only logical choice for a backup is a Mini since the mini can cover two roles.

The mini can be the running around town tool and be the backup for home use.

The only other power source I need is the hands free option when going downhill on curvy rural roads on a bicycle with it clinched between my teeth.

I don't want my ego stuff anymore.

I wish my V2 tank and ikenvape cartomizers were already here.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I was coming up on 6 months smoke-free. At that point I concluded that vaping was something I would be doing for some time and wanted to reward myself. Members whose opinions I respect gave it high marks and it looked easy to use.

ETA: I still love & use my Twists too.

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Three weeks of vaping prior to my first provari mini.. I got sick of Volcano failures. One week later I had my first Zap. Two weeks later second mini with 2nd Zap. Two months in and I am up to two Pro minis, 2 Zaps, 2 volcano infernos, 1 lavatube v2. Volcano stuff is now obsolete.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Which time?

First time using KR-808s and 901 were a bust.Battery life just couldnt keep up with my habit.

Second time I bought and liked and Ego-Tank system then bought a Provari and a Phiniac carto tank system based on the best advice Ive ever gotten here. Fell off the wagon because I didnt order enough juice or batteries and just wasnt entirely ready to quit

Now I have 2 Provaris, 5 Batteries and at bare minimum 100ml of juice on hand at all times.Next week will be 6 months without a stinky and a Provari is one of the main reasons.

First time I cranked it up to 4.2 volts and it stayed that way all day without the batteries slowly getting weaker, I knew I could quit for good.

Last edited:

EvilOne

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2013
Los Angeles
I vaped on and off for 2 years I wish I could have bought a provari then. Wasted money on cigarettes and failed setups. It helped that within a 24 hr time period I literally saw more than 10 of these in the hands of heavy smokers I knew. And after trying it and reading about it on this forum I took the plunge. Couldn't be happier.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
I vaped for about 6 months before I purchased my first ProVari. Purchased my second ProVari about 2 months after my first. Purchased my third ProVari about 2 months ago. I'm done. Now I have a back-up for my back-up for my just-in-case.

I have seen a couple mods that interest me, but none have interested me enough to make me get out my credit card. I am satisfied. Being satisfied is a good enough for me. But that dang Mini ProVari sure is a cutie, isn't it?

I purchased my first because it was the best pv I could find. I purchased my second because my first was so great, and my third because I wanted to.

Last edited:

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
About 8 months before I ordered mine. Then another 5 months to my second.

Purchased it for build quality and warranty. Have never read a truly horrible review of it. It was time to step up from eGos & I had the cash available.

Bought the second one as I'm so used to the first, if anything happens I'd go crazy stepping backwards. Plus the full size + extension is a bit much to carry around all the time, standard mini is much better for out & about.

No regrets on this end.

-MikeR-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
SoKal
Right around 2 weeks. My wifes spinner broke within 3 days and she was back on the real thing. I started looking at other mods from China and decided it would be a waste of money and a few days later we had 2 blems on the way. I was lucky too, they had green LEDs available, my favorite color. We are very happy and looking at getting a few minis. Maybe when the green LEDs are back. :2cool:

I even have my mom considering a Provari even though she thinks they are a little big and heavy.

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
Good question. Was about 6 weeks for me. Now I just got my 2nd ProVari in the mail today. Mini for the 1st one, regular size V2 for the 2nd. Have one extended cap so I can do 18650 on the V2, or 18490's on both.

Now the question is, should I spring for another extended cap?

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
Vaped 3 years before I made my investment. March marked my 1 year anniversary as a Provari owner. Didn't really know much about the Provari except for the fact that I couldn't afford one. Besides that I felt I didn't know enough about vaping to qualify as a Provari owner. But by the 3 year mark I'd grown tired of purchasing a new kit or device every few months. Nothing I purchased seemed to work for long. And when the previous devices work they invariably required some kind of fiddling.

Very frustrating.

Came into a bit of extra money when my mom passed away so I decided I better purchase a Provari while I had the chance. I regret I didn't reach that conclusion sooner. Haven't had one problem with it since I've owned it.

DummyMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
North Carolina
I bought my first for my 1 year anniversary being smoke-free. I bought my second less than a week ago. The second is because I'm moving & leaving a decent paying job that I can't stand. If I can't find a job where I'm moving to, I'm retiring. I'll have only a small pension & an even smaller military reserve pension. I'm still too young for Social Security. That 2nd ProVari is my last quality PV, I want it (and my first!) to last me a long while.

But on a more cheerful note, I really do love my ProVaris & I'm glad I bought them.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'd been happily vaping on two mechanical PV's, an Altsmoke Silver Bullet and BB for about four months. Never thought about trying higher voltage, when the owner of Altsmoke put a Kick in my Silver Bullet to try out in his store. I couldn't believe how higher voltage improved the flavor I had in my cartotank. I started to investigate variable wattage options immediately.

I could have gotten an extension sleeve and a Kick for my Silver Bullet. But then I learned to change the voltage (more accurately the wattage with the Kick) I would have to remove the Kick from the tube each time. Seemed like a major inconvenience if you used different flavors throughout the day, which I do.

It was pretty common knowledge that the Provari was the best variable voltage mod available. I did my homework and read all the positive reviews and comments from Provari owners. And when you consider Provape will always repair a broken Provari even after warranty for as long as you own it, the decision was a no brainer for me. I waited a few weeks for the new colors to be introduced, and ordered a blue one on the first day they were offered.

Despite owning several mods now, I use the Provari 90% of the time. It just gives me a more satisfying, dependable, and consistant vape. I'll likely add a Mini to my collection in the next month or two, as I couldn't imagine being without the one I have now. It has spoiled me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread