The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How old were you when you came "out"?

Discussion in 'Gay Group' started by TxTrouble, Feb 10, 2010.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Peeps

Peeps Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks, Keyzy! She was a wise woman...we talked a lot about me being gay in the 5 years between falling in love with Blaize and her death. I lived in a very conservative part of Ohio but my grandma always said that love doesn't know gender. She loved Blaize and was just happy that I was happy. I only wish that she could've lived long enough to see us together permanently...but I know she's with us. :)

Your kids are very lucky to have you for a mom. My parents never liked me (which is why I was raised by my grandparents from the age of 14 months old) but they're coming around more and more.

2. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Key West,Fl.
    Well Peeps,I think your lucky your Grandma got a hold of you.She helped you become the wonderful person that you are!Just think about it.Im sure shes watching and shes very proud of you.Thank you for sharing your story with us.Its a great story.

3. Peeps

I count my blessings every day, Keyzy. Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate them. :)

4. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Key West,Fl.
    I love the sig!Very cool!lol

5. debb

debb ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    in the nj woods
    i agree...:)

6. Peeps

LOL Bianca made me do it :D

7. Peeps

Awwww thanks so much, debb. :)

8. BiancaMontgomery

BiancaMontgomery SQUIRREL! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 27, 2010
    North Carolina
    Peeps, you have made me laugh and cry all in less than an hour. (((Peeps)))

9. Peeps

((((Bianca)))) I'm glad I made you laugh but sorry I made you cry. No need for tears though, I had an awesome life with my grandparents. Believe me, they loved me enough that I never missed my parents...I never felt like I was missing out, instead I felt lucky to be loved so much and so unconditionally. :)

10. CloudBurst

CloudBurst Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    Great love story Peeps!

11. ScottinSoCal

ScottinSoCal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    ProVari Nirvana
    Is it OK if I just fell in love with your grandma, a little? Lucky you, to have known her.

12. tybin

tybin ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 17, 2010
    WA
    ya i love your gramma:)

13. hotwheelz31

hotwheelz31 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2009
    Northwestern PA
    Peeps, that was a wonderful story...my grandmother died still waiting for me to find "a nice man" I never had the heart to tell her that wasnt going to happen. I cant even find a nice girl...lol

14. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    I found a nice man but that was the problem! When I came out my Grandmother sent me a letter quoting bible scriptures and basically danging me to hell, havent spoken to her since, she's 94 now and although she hates it and won't comment, my Mom tells her all the time how well my partner and I are doing.
    My favorite Grandfather who passed many years ago kept asking my Mom why she was surprised. He was very accepting from day one! I only regret that he didn't live long enough to see my Mom finally accept me back into the family.

15. tybin

tybin ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 17, 2010
    WA
    It just plain stinks that it takes family members so long to come around, if at all

16. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    The best advice I was ever given was this..."you've known it probably you're whole life, they just found out, give them time to realize you're the same person you always were". Took about 4 years but they (the ones I care about) are all great now. I know everyone is not so fortunate but I agree with you Tybin, it's so sad!

17. TWolf

TWolf Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Northern MS
    Glad I peeked in and got to read Peep's story... big grin... did my heart good...

18. debb

debb ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    in the nj woods
    that's how it worked out for me...:)

19. Peeps

LOL you wouldn't be alone...everyone loved my grandma. I'm lucky to have had her for as long as I did :)

20. Peeps

LOL and I'm sure she would've loved y'all too :)