I should have gotten the silver ProVari...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jajashi

Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
United States
I bought a white one a month back and it got a couple of nicks off its paint. It is grey under the white.
I guess it is average wear and tear, but your situation seems completely absurd.
Anyhow, I got a black mini as well this week. I hope the paint lasts longer.

On a side note, has anyone noticed the button feeling different on every Provari?
The ones I ordered with red LED felt flimsier while the black one I got recently with the blue LED has a stiffer button.

cherrycakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Scranton, PA
Well, I contacted Provape and they asked me to send pictures. After I sent the pictures this is a copy and paste of the reply I got...

Hmmm... thank you for sharing the images with me. I showed them to my supervisor and he says that type of wear and tear is not covered under our warranty.

He wanted me to share our warranty section about the finishes with you:

Scratches, fading, damage to finish - We inspect every device before it ships to ensure that it arrives to you in perfect condition. If there are any problems with the finish, this should be reported to us within 24 hours of receiving your new device. Beyond this period, we cannot replace the product for scratches, blemishes, fading. As with any coated product they can wear or scratch with daily use. To keep the finish looking good never store in a location where it can get scuffed or damaged by keys, coins or other objects that might come in contact with the tube and scratch the finish.
Terms and Conditions

I am very sorry.

However, we do offer protective wraps for our ProVaris now. Perhaps one of these will help prevent further damage?

You can find them here: ProVari Wraps - Customize the Look and Color of Your ProVari Electronic Cigarette

Kinda sucks.

that is total crap

kimochi-ii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Qwiyomi
Well, I contacted Provape and they asked me to send pictures. After I sent the pictures this is a copy and paste of the reply I got...

Hmmm... thank you for sharing the images with me. I showed them to my supervisor and he says that type of wear and tear is not covered under our warranty.

He wanted me to share our warranty section about the finishes with you:

Scratches, fading, damage to finish - We inspect every device before it ships to ensure that it arrives to you in perfect condition. If there are any problems with the finish, this should be reported to us within 24 hours of receiving your new device. Beyond this period, we cannot replace the product for scratches, blemishes, fading. As with any coated product they can wear or scratch with daily use. To keep the finish looking good never store in a location where it can get scuffed or damaged by keys, coins or other objects that might come in contact with the tube and scratch the finish.
Terms and Conditions

I am very sorry.

However, we do offer protective wraps for our ProVaris now. Perhaps one of these will help prevent further damage?

You can find them here: ProVari Wraps - Customize the Look and Color of Your ProVari Electronic Cigarette

Kinda sucks.

Aren't those wrap they provide from jwraps? Anyway I just gotten my v2 mini, I'm just concern that the paint will peel off if I remove the wrap after sometime.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Stainless is definitely the toughest finish for a Provari. I like the looks of the various other finishes, but chose the satin SS for durability and cost. Mine has been with me like a pacifier for a year now and still looks good after rolling off the car seat multiple times onto concrete and asphalt. If you look closely in a bright light and rotate it, you can see tiny scratches in a couple of places.

The wraps are also nice looking. I think ordering SS saves money and gives you the option to customize it with a wrap after purchase.

kimochi-ii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Qwiyomi
Stainless is definitely the toughest finish for a Provari. I like the looks of the various other finishes, but chose the satin SS for durability and cost. Mine has been with me like a pacifier for a year now and still looks good after rolling off the car seat multiple times onto concrete and asphalt. If you look closely in a bright light and rotate it, you can see tiny scratches in a couple of places.

The wraps are also nice looking. I think ordering SS saves money and gives you the option to customize it with a wrap after purchase.

The SS is my favorite too.. Unfortunately i got mine from the classi not much choices :)

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
Aren't those wrap they provide from jwraps? Anyway I just gotten my v2 mini, I'm just concern that the paint will peel off if I remove the wrap after sometime.

I wouldn't be concerned about the paint coming off with the wrap. Cerekote is EXTREMELY durable and I doubt a sticker would effect the finish at all. I think the incident in this thread is a one-off... there was obviously a curing issue with the coating.

kimochi-ii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Qwiyomi
I wouldn't be concerned about the paint coming off with the wrap. Cerekote is EXTREMELY durable and I doubt a sticker would effect the finish at all. I think the incident in this thread is a one-off... there was obviously a curing issue with the coating.

Paint should be fine. But a lot of v2 logo fading off :laugh: I'm carefully handling mine trying not to have contact with the logo till wrap arrive. And hope the wrap doesn't takes the logo away when removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread