The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I should have gotten the silver ProVari...

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by double_aa_ron, Mar 13, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mrwilliams2

mrwilliams2 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    Greenville, NC
    I may be overstepping boundaries here, but I posted this up in the ProVape forum. It definitely isn't right and there's no way I would be satisfied with the answer you received.

2. double_aa_ron

double_aa_ron Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Not at all. Actually I thank you. :toast:

3. jajashi

jajashi Full Member Verified Member

Feb 8, 2013
    United States
    I bought a white one a month back and it got a couple of nicks off its paint. It is grey under the white.
    I guess it is average wear and tear, but your situation seems completely absurd.
    Anyhow, I got a black mini as well this week. I hope the paint lasts longer.

On a side note, has anyone noticed the button feeling different on every Provari?
    The ones I ordered with red LED felt flimsier while the black one I got recently with the blue LED has a stiffer button.

4. yoitzo

yoitzo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2009
    Cali, US
    dang... that totally sucks. I got a black one for a week before wrapping it and now I'm really glad I did that. side note: your wrap does look very good. -___-;; hope they respond to the thread in the provape forum. That's just not right man.

5. mrwilliams2

Sep 30, 2012
    Greenville, NC
    It looks like a ProVape rep stepped up and sent the OP a PM! Hopefully they are getting it worked out.

6. eratikmind

eratikmind Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Good deal . . . Hopefully, it gets resolved for the OP.

7. cherrycakes

cherrycakes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2013
    Scranton, PA
    that is total crap

8. mrwilliams2

Sep 30, 2012
    Greenville, NC
    Looks like the OP is getting a new tube under warranty. I'm glad to see Provape made the correct call on this one.

9. cherrycakes

cherrycakes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2013
    Scranton, PA
    Yay! I'm glad they did the right thing, when pressured. lol

10. Wyley87

Wyley87 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2013
    Texas
    Good stuff!

Sent from Texas

11. kimochi-ii

kimochi-ii Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2013
    Qwiyomi

Aren't those wrap they provide from jwraps? Anyway I just gotten my v2 mini, I'm just concern that the paint will peel off if I remove the wrap after sometime.

12. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Stainless is definitely the toughest finish for a Provari. I like the looks of the various other finishes, but chose the satin SS for durability and cost. Mine has been with me like a pacifier for a year now and still looks good after rolling off the car seat multiple times onto concrete and asphalt. If you look closely in a bright light and rotate it, you can see tiny scratches in a couple of places.

The wraps are also nice looking. I think ordering SS saves money and gives you the option to customize it with a wrap after purchase.

13. kimochi-ii

Mar 17, 2013
    Qwiyomi
    The SS is my favorite too.. Unfortunately i got mine from the classi not much choices :)

14. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Still a good choice. If you get tired of plain satin you can add a wrap and take it off if you change your mind.

15. mrwilliams2

Sep 30, 2012
    Greenville, NC
    I wouldn't be concerned about the paint coming off with the wrap. Cerekote is EXTREMELY durable and I doubt a sticker would effect the finish at all. I think the incident in this thread is a one-off... there was obviously a curing issue with the coating.

16. double_aa_ron

double_aa_ron Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    I just got an email from ProVape that my ProVari is on it's way back with a brand new tube. :) As soon as I got the email I bought a clear Jwrapp though. I'm not taking any chances this time. :toast:

17. Lowlife

Lowlife Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Good news, glad it worked out for you.

18. eratikmind

eratikmind Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Excellent . . . Glad to see that they resolved the problem.

19. thebong24

thebong24 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Good news!

sent from mars

20. kimochi-ii

Mar 17, 2013
    Qwiyomi
    Paint should be fine. But a lot of v2 logo fading off :laugh: I'm carefully handling mine trying not to have contact with the logo till wrap arrive. And hope the wrap doesn't takes the logo away when removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.