I should have gotten the silver ProVari...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I do not wear rings. I'm pretty .... about my ProVari. I knida handle it with kid gloves. It is a $200 PV after all.
Im also OCD when it comes to my mods....I have owned 3 Provaris all Black Satin...Never dropped them-always carried them in a SuperT felt bag when leaving the house.... Over time they all developed some small marks where you could see the Silver under the ceramic coating....I will never own a colored Provari again:nah:.... Needless to say they have all been sold, I now own a Satin Silver Provari V2.5:).......

Last edited:

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
In 2011 I ordered a silver provari and rcv'd a black one. I opted to keep it. Keeping it was a bad decision on my part. Within a couple of days the black finish started wearing off. Within a couple weeks, it looked like it had gone through a war zone.

I do not wear jewelry. (Not even a wedding ring) It had never left the house. The finish simply rubbed off at an alarming rate. One day I decided to contact Provape to see what they had to say about the black finish. Provape told me, "With things that have a coating It’s common for the finish to wear out." (I still have their email)

I own 1-black (my first) and 2-silver ProVari's. I will never purchase a colored unit from Provape because my trust level in their color process is lacking. That is me. It is STILL the best pv I have ever owned. Yes, I've owned several other brands of pv's and have sold or passed them on. I still refer people to Provape, but I tell them to purchase the silver and they understand why when I show them my black provari. It is down right ugly ~ but vapes like the fog machine it is!

Sorry to read this news about your blue provari. I'm sure the color process has improved since 2011 and hopefully they can get it fixed for you.

Last edited:

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
i would contact them there finish is a triple coating of ceramic and shouldn't have done that its possible you got one that only got one coat or had other issues,im sure provape will fix it for free for you.

wow missed your response you got from provape im very surprised with there reply,i have only ordered the silver ones myself i just prefer unpainted devices, you could just stip it down and run some scotch brite over it and get a satin finished silver out of it or get one of there wraps they sell now,i still think there was a problem with the finish you got it shouldn't have worn off so fast even if you wear a ring.

Last edited:

Kyndcookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Dallas, TX
i would contact them there finish is a triple coating of ceramic and shouldn't have done that its possible you got one that only got one coat or had other issues,im sure provape will fix it for free for you.

wow missed your response you got from provape im very surprised with there reply,i have only ordered the silver ones myself i just prefer unpainted devices, you could just stip it down and run some scotch brite over it and get a satin finished silver out of it or get one of there wraps they sell now,i still think there was a problem with the finish you got it shouldn't have worn off so fast even if you wear a ring.

You could get it stripped, but I wouldn't suggest doing it yourself. If you have a gun refinisher anywhere near you it could be bead blasted for probably not much money. When done it would already have a satin finish.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Thanks for the notes. I've decided to leave it ugly.

It works great. And this way I have one that I can take camping, horseback riding, mountain climbing, fishing, etc. Why not? It's already ugly. What am I going to do? Scratch it and make it uglier? lol I refer to it as my Jack Palance. Not much was pretty about him either, but he sure made an impact on the film industry.

Last edited:

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
The latest from Provape. A copy and past from my email...

Hi Aaron,

I truly understand how you feel and I wish I had the authority to override my supervisor but I don't.

Again, I am really sorry about this.

Kindly,
Cecilia

I'm gonna contact them again tomorrow and get a "supervisor's" contact info.

worthatry

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Charlotte
Not a military grade paint job? Haha just kidding provari guys. That does suck though. Maybe go a different route and see if they will send you a wrap for free or refund the extra money you paid for the one day finish and find your own wrap. There's a site that will let you customize your own wrap so maybe you can put picture of your kids on it, or your favorite sports team or something like that and really make it your own. Dont have the site link and i am on my phone but will try to find it later. And if the provari is the vaping powerhouse it is made out to be then I am sure you will be more than happy. Definitely sucks if they won't give you a wrap or refund your money though.

urby2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Surprise, AZ
Wow that sucks. That's why I get nervous about spending big bucks on the mods I take everywhere as I know something will happen. Try your supervisor route but as a last resort you might try credit card dispute. Just a thought. I would think that if you explained to them that you've been talking to ECF members who own the same device that you won't have to go this route. The following here is huge and I think the manufacturers want to see their products presented in a positive manner. Either way good luck!

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
I was going to get the black mini for my Vaperversary but now i am having second thoughts.
I think when the time comes I'll get the silver one.
I do hope this is a fluke of some type because not many people are going to be happy with a paint job that lasts only a day after paying almost 2 bills for a mod.
I have eGos with rubberized finishes that still look good with very heavy handling; no nicks, tears, scratches or cracking.
And I do wear rings on all my fingers, for the exception of my thumbs.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
I was going to get the black mini for my Vaperversary but now i am having second thoughts.
I think when the time comes I'll get the silver one.
I do hope this is a fluke of some type because not many people are going to be happy with a paint job that lasts only a day after paying almost 2 bills for a mod.
I have eGos with rubberized finishes that still look good with very heavy handling; no nicks, tears, scratches or cracking.
And I do wear rings on all my fingers, for the exception of my thumbs.

My purchase was a couple years ago. I suspect (hope) they have improved the application technique so paint / color actually stays on the ProVari now. From what I have read, paint issues are rare now. Get what you want, when you want, the way you want. My experience is not the norm. ProVape is a good company. No, they are not perfect, but they are a very good company. I returned and purchased 2-silver ProVari's from them. That should say a lot for the confidence I have in their end product. I may be old, but I'm not stupid - lol

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
I still don't understand why no plain SS?

My black one is showing wear and tear, but I've not been all that gentle with it. The little trenches running up and down (its a v2) do show thinning & I can see the SS beneath.

I'm not that upset about it myself, but I've done more to the coating than just that tiny bit of wear. I just look at it as a bit of character. Its certainly one of the most rugged things I own & it shows. I've had it since mid November and its probably taken 5-6 spills.

But 2 days is a bit crazy. If that keeps happening they'll need a new coating, cause it rubbing off within the first week (hell first months) seems a bit off.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Well, I contacted Provape and they asked me to send pictures. After I sent the pictures this is a copy and paste of the reply I got...

Hmmm... thank you for sharing the images with me. I showed them to my supervisor and he says that type of wear and tear is not covered under our warranty.

He wanted me to share our warranty section about the finishes with you:

Scratches, fading, damage to finish - We inspect every device before it ships to ensure that it arrives to you in perfect condition. If there are any problems with the finish, this should be reported to us within 24 hours of receiving your new device. Beyond this period, we cannot replace the product for scratches, blemishes, fading. As with any coated product they can wear or scratch with daily use. To keep the finish looking good never store in a location where it can get scuffed or damaged by keys, coins or other objects that might come in contact with the tube and scratch the finish.
Terms and Conditions

I am very sorry.

However, we do offer protective wraps for our ProVaris now. Perhaps one of these will help prevent further damage?

You can find them here: ProVari Wraps - Customize the Look and Color of Your ProVari Electronic Cigarette

Kinda sucks.

Holy cow. That's the response you get on an item that costs $200?

you know, the paint job on this one could very easily been not properly baked, etc. It happens. Ask any auto paint person. There could have been a temperature problem, many things.

Esp. since the other person w/ a blue one said nothing even closely resmebling that has happened to his.......

I'd be calling on the phone.

At the very least, they should front you a carbon fiber jwrap

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread