Ended Innokin Ares 2 Giveaway + Ask Phil & Dimitris anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Greetings
Nice looking RTAs! Where is the exploded photographs or illustration of the Build Deck? Font tell me it's an Ez Rebuildable tank one picture of the coil deck will tell me. How easy is it to get parts? How leak & gurgling proof is these Ares RTAs? I only own an unopened zlider 4ml Coil tank to trade for a rta

Hey Fstop!

We've done numerous videos, tutorials, and lives, and photos showing the deck, and building the atty.

You can see some of them here:
Ares 2 – A Better Vape Experience

Parts are available on the Innokin Store website.

IMHO no tank is leak or gurgle PROOF. As soon as you have to mix air with liquid, .... could go down. ;-)

We've done a few things on this to help including raising the airport under the coil and adding liquid barriers to help keep the cotton off the under coil airport.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Innokin, ECF, @Dimitris and @pbusardo thanks for a great giveaway! I saw a lot of good questions already posted and they pretty much covered everything I would ask. Yes, colors including o-rings and drip tips to match! We can't buy them if you don't offer them, sort of a circle there. I am really impressed with the cross air flow control, nice to see something truly different.

I watched the video explaining everything that's new, it really covered everything. I suggest everyone watch at least the first video, seriously.

I feel like I have to ask a question as instructed in the first post. *thinking* What question are you hoping to answer that hasn't been asked yet? hehe
Very well put together comment/question Qew and it does not go unnoticed.

Clearly the one question I've been hoping to answer is, "out of the two, who do I consider better looking?"

The answer would be me. :thumbs:

Also appreciate the comment on the CAFC. Yeah, we're proud of that one. So hard to put new ideas out when so many have been already utilized.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi!

I have never owned an Ares. In fact, I am very new to RTAs. I got my first RTA in July. It is a Lemo that was only $2. I loved it and quickly ordered some other inexpensive RTAs that were on clearance. Unfortunately, most were really confusing in regards to rebuilding. I like the fact that this series was designed with a beginner in mind. I would love to have an RTA that is current yet not overwhelming for a beginner.

Thanks Chloe! This one may be for you and if you pick one up or win... I hope you enjoy it!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi @pbusardo and @Dimitris

First, thank you both for all your hard work and advocacy on behalf of us vapers! It's much appreciated. And I wish you good luck on your PMTAs.

Second, thanks for all the videos and tutorials--I almost never buy a new device without consulting your reviews first. And I never bother with user manuals--I just watch your videos. I don't think I'd have been be able to get my Kayfun 4 to work without your help. That said, I refused to boil my cartos and never bought a blowtorch. ;)

And speaking of funny videos--your introduction to this one made me buy a ProVari. :D

I have a question/request. I wanted to buy some spares for my Zlides, mainly that silicone filler port plug, but couldn't find it anywhere. I'm afraid that it may get loose with time and would like to have extras. I know you included a spare with the tank, but I'd like to get more--just in case. I really love my Zlides and Zeniths and that's all I've been using for some time now. So simple, user-friendly, reliable and a great vape.

First, really appreciate the kind words.
Second, there was a time when even shops wouldn't bring things in without a thumbs up from me, but alas, those days have along since past.
Third, I'm so happy I could help you with vaping over the years!
Fourth, I don't even think I boiled cartos much outside of that video! :)
Fifth, Oh come on!! Blow torches are fun! You can also use for Creme Brule and to light fireworks!!
Sixth, I was so upset when Provape closed shop. I've said this before, if you were a vaper from back in the day there was one point when you HAD A LOVE AFFAIR with ProVari and Provape. Whether you had one or wanted one. I was lucky enough to have them, know them, and tour their facility to bring to you!

Ok, now to the question. As I read it, I went to the Innokin Store site and didn't see them there. I instantly sent a message to Innokin who has already responded that they will bring the issue to the after-sales team. So I'm sure they will be up there soon enough.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
The exterior of the Ares 2 LE is superb. It looks like a work of art.
The proportions and shapes are perfect. Bravo!
The mouthpieces also look great.
It feels like the designers have worked out every millimeter of the structure.
But to my great regret, it seems to me that the plastic parts of the mouthpieces are too short. The lips will touch the plastic part and the metal part at the same time. it will be an unpleasant contrast (IMHO).

Hey Basilius!

Appreciate the comment. You know what's funny... the last video review I did, I took a look at the new Aegis Hero. And I thought the same thing, the mouthpiece was too short and my lips touches the top of the AFC (it's top airflow).

So I used a LE tip in it's place and it was JUST ENOUGH to keep my mouth off the top of the tank. You can actually see me using it in the review video.

So I understand your issue, and hopefully the tips will be long enough. If not, it's so easy to get longer tips.

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
Great to see new mtl stuff coming out. A long time Ares atty user I find it interesting that it can be improved. Looking forward to testing the new incarnation.

I have 3 originals in daily rotation (and have for years) and a bunch tucked away in the stash. Absolutely my favorite atty and I own 100’s.

Good luck with the contest everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

noxdrako

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Ocala fl
Hi there, this contest looks very nice. Good luck to everyone.

I am trying to get hubby in to full time vaping. He tried the Smok nord pods but they leaked a lot. What would you guys recommend for a fairly new person. I want to be able to choose a different tank. He and I want to get the same systems so we can use the same coils.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mats Fredrik

Sep 27, 2020
Another great giveaway from our friends at Innokin this week, their new Platform Series RTAs the Ares 2 and Ares 2 LE are up for grabs, and 10 lucky winners will get one of each.

This time we're lucky to have the vaping legends @Dimitris and @pbusardo on hand to answer all your questions!

All you need to do to enter is post in the thread and say hi, ask the guys a question about the new platform series RTAs if you have one, or anything else you could use their input on, like was the crab juice really as bad as it looked (old school vapers know what I'm talking about).

The contest will last for 2 weeks and we'll draw the winners soon after, good luck!

View attachment 909021

Ok, my first post here on the forum:

not sure how to do this forum stuff, but here we go:

Are the Ares tanks much better than the Zlides and Pro tanks? I enjoy both of these tanks really much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread