Ended Innokin Ares 2 Giveaway + Ask Phil & Dimitris anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Brown

Sep 27, 2020
Why do you think the "buzz" around vaping has died off? I think that there has been a lack of truly innovative products recently. It's hard to get exited about another pod system, even though some of them do give a great vape. It used to be that everyone was clamouring to get the latest atty or MOD but it just doesn't seem like that now. There are obviously some great new products out there but not the excitement surrounding them.

Fstop

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Hey Fstop!

We've done numerous videos, tutorials, and lives, and photos showing the deck, and building the atty.

You can see some of them here:
Ares 2 – A Better Vape Experience

Parts are available on the Innokin Store website.

IMHO no tank is leak or gurgle PROOF. As soon as you have to mix air with liquid, .... could go down. ;-)

We've done a few things on this to help including raising the airport under the coil and adding liquid barriers to help keep the cotton off the under coil airport.
Thank you for your informative response. I'm just a K.I.S.S. Vape World Explorer

Another great giveaway from our friends at Innokin this week, their new Platform Series RTAs the Ares 2 and Ares 2 LE are up for grabs, and 10 lucky winners will get one of each.

This time we're lucky to have the vaping legends @Dimitris and @pbusardo on hand to answer all your questions!

All you need to do to enter is post in the thread and say hi, ask the guys a question about the new platform series RTAs if you have one, or anything else you could use their input on, like was the crab juice really as bad as it looked (old school vapers know what I'm talking about).

The contest will last for 2 weeks and we'll draw the winners soon after, good luck!

View attachment 909021
Hi gents...No real questions, as I already own the original Ares, but I'd love to try out the latest and greatest!
Thanks!.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Great to see new mtl stuff coming out. A long time Ares atty user I find it interesting that it can be improved. Looking forward to testing the new incarnation.

I have 3 originals in daily rotation (and have for years) and a bunch tucked away in the stash. Absolutely my favorite atty and I own 100’s.

Good luck with the contest everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Terrific 28! Happy you like the original!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi there, this contest looks very nice. Good luck to everyone.

I am trying to get hubby in to full time vaping. He tried the Smok nord pods but they leaked a lot. What would you guys recommend for a fairly new person. I want to be able to choose a different tank. He and I want to get the same systems so we can use the same coils.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hello noxdrako!

Think about a kit with a tank in the Platform Line:

Kroma/Zenith
Zlide Tube
Adept/Zlide

All easy to use and you can share Z-Coils across these and other Innokin Platform Products.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Ok, my first post here on the forum:

not sure how to do this forum stuff, but here we go:

Are the Ares tanks much better than the Zlides and Pro tanks? I enjoy both of these tanks really much.
Hey Mats!

Better is subjective. They are, however, different. The Zlide and Zenith Pro use Z-coils which are pre-built coil heads. The Ares-2 is a rebuildable.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi
What types of coils can be used in the Ares 2 and Ares 2 LE?

The tank is rebuildable so I'm not quite sure I understand the question.

I personally keep my builds simple yet satisfying. Spaces 26 gauge kanthal around a 2.5mm bit for standard wattage builds and the same with SS for TC builds.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi guy’s,
I have been direct lung vaping for so long now, that I have forgotten how to mouth to lung. My question is, do the Ares 2 and Ares 2 LE have enough airflow, to help me ease back into it?
Hey Macman!

I would have to say no. The Ares-2 and 2 LE are both MTL tanks. You may be able to get a VERY TIGHT RDL, but even that is not what the tank is designed for.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
hello and bravo to both of you for making noob friendly devices and helping people get into vaping.everyone asks phil so i ll ask dimitri if the LE version has only cosmetic diferences
keep up your great work guys
Dimi is in Greece taking care of hit shops, so I've been responding stavrious. Hope that's ok.

Yes, the changes are only cosmetic. Functionally they are identical.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
This new design sounds intriguing. I’m looking to replace my current tank, and the original model always popped-up. Would you believe that I still have a Kanger Subtank Mini?!

If it works for you and you're not smoking, not only would I believe it, but I'd also encourage it! :) Thanks Trailz!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi Phil. I’m new to mtl vaping and I like to use stainless steel so I was wondering. What kind of build do you use on the ares2? Also what kind of temp/watts do you recommend?
Hey Josezam!

Simple and satisfying is my motto.

In standard wattage, spaced 26 gauge kanthal around a 2.5mm bit. I never count wraps, I just build for the device and let my adjustment take care of things. It winds up coming out around .9 and I run it around 14W.

In TC, same only with SS. Usually comes out around .5. I typically vape TC at 25W and somewhere around 0-600F (you know... because TC is so damn accurate ;-) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread