The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ended Innokin Ares 2 Giveaway + Ask Phil & Dimitris anything!

Discussion in 'ECF Competitions and Broadcasts' started by low_tar_neil, Sep 24, 2020.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ligyron

ligyron Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2014
    Gainesville, FL
    They look good count me in!

• Like Like x 1
  2. mototoo

mototoo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2019
    hi. how long did it take to develop the ares 2? were there any hurdles before finally coming up with the final product?

• Like Like x 1
  3. CAAB

CAAB Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2019
    New York
    Hi @pbusardo, didn't know you were on the ECF. When I first got into vaping my very first video was your Kayfun Prime review. That was my first tank and I watched your video like 10 times to learn about coiling and wicking. Loved the spaced coil trick on the coilmaster. Saved so much time.

Boy was that a hard tank to learn vaping on. But it was great flavor. Thank you for your professionalism and attention to detail in your videos. Fortunately, we have similar MTL vaping preferences so I've learned a lot watching your videos. It really opened up my world to vaping.

Would love to try a tank you helped design, considering your thoughtfulness and insight.

So here's my question for @pbusardo and @Dimitris. Do you have an old tank or mod that you find yourself going back to? Maybe it's not the latest and greatest, but there's something about it that just keeps you going back?

For me it's the Kayfun Prime. It brings me back to when I first learned vaping and watching the videos. It reminds me of a nice time when everything was new. So maybe it isn't the tank itself so much as the time it brings me back to.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Becki

Becki Full Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Houston
    Hi Phil and Demitri. No questions. Just take this path with us slowly, cautiously and patiently. Together we'll ride out the greediness of the government.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MrsCasey

MrsCasey Pink Spot Fanatic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    Long Beach, CA
    Hi! No questions from me I’m just excited at the opportunity to win and try a product made by two vape legends and advocates.

• Like Like x 1
  6. intervention

intervention Full Member Verified Member

May 30, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Don't need the Ares, but am wondering about the 8ml Zenith you promised me....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Aliraonz

Aliraonz Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    Hi to both. Legends indeed :). One question only. With the airflow fully open what is the size? I hope it make sense :w00t:.

By the way I did watched the Crab juice video. Hilarious for us viewers but clearly not for you :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  8. jpbavaro

jpbavaro Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Hey guys!

So, I've been using the same RTA for the past 4.5 years. The Vaporesso Gemini RTA. Everytime the posts get loose I just buy a new one. How similar are either of these to those? I notice there's no top airflow so I wonder about the warmth of the vape the user gets. I'm one of the weirdos that likes a cooler vape. I run duel parallel 26g coils. 7 complete wraps with a 3mm diameter. .27ohms and I run it comfortably at 56w. Will this build work on these decks?

Additionally...will Innokin ever come out with a higher wattage box as durable as the MVP 3.0 Pro 60w? I put that box through HELL and only stopped using it when it finally reached the end of its battery life. I would KILL for a 100w box of that level of durability. I mean...guys made videos of them shooting arrows at it and running it over and it still worked. My busy life needs a durable mod and the mods these days just aren't cutting it.

Anywho, thanks for the opportunity!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. reza

reza New Member

Mar 28, 2012
    NJ
    Hi
    I can’t say anything about the tank since I don’t have one but I wish I get one soon all the reviews are suggesting that is a great tank and I watch pretty much all of Busardo’s videos and I learned a lot from him.

• Like Like x 1
  10. clnire

clnire Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    Looks like a nice RTA! I remember crab juice and the hilarious videos of people trying it. I never did try it and never want to!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jon Richards

Jon Richards New Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Hi!

What is the capacity of the tank?

• Like Like x 1
  12. philbh

philbh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2014
    Westlake, Ohio
    Hey Phil!
    It's the OTHER Phil B here. You know the one. So I want to ask, what is your favorite juice (aside from the Unsalted line)?

• Like Like x 1
  13. pbusardo

pbusardo Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    When you say platform do you mean deck? The deck on the Ares-2 is very similar to the original Ares except for the closed wick channels and what we're most proud of... the Cross Airflow design.

I know people who use high VG liquids with it without issue. As always, a little less wick for thinner liquids and a little more for thicker.

• Like Like x 2
  14. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Just a regular guy with a passion for getting people off of cigarettes, helping people with vaping, and this crazy industry of ours!

But a sincere THANK YOU anyway! :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    The stated capacity of the 24mm is 4ml and the 22ml is 2ml. The 24 holds closer to 5ml though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    First of all, you have a great name!

Second, of COURSE it's the #1 Best Selling Flavor in the Unsalted Line... Watermelon Peach. :)

Ok, so outside of that liquid I'm currently still stuck on Delaware Vapor's Green Peach Tea and a Pina Colada recipe Jennifer Winstead AKA Juice Fairy came up with for me. So I've been home brewing a little bit.

New liquids for me are difficult because most of the new stuff...

* Too high VG
    * Too low nic (if freebase)
    * Too high nic (if salt... and I don't like salt nic)
    * Too much sweetener

• Like Like x 2
  17. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Not sure what you mean by material improvements. The base materials used are the same, there have been function improvements however. Best bet is for me to do a little copy paste of something I wrote for the tank when we released...

· We’ve improved the top cap and seals to prevent liquid and air seepage.

· We’ve given you the ability to remove the top cap and replace the silicone top fill seal should you need to.

· We’ve improved the bottom seals and added a .8mm airhole allowing for a tighter mouth to lung selection.

· We’ve added detents to the bottom airflow selector to allow for easier and more accurate settings.

Inside the atomizer, you’ll still find the same flavor bell that condenses the vapor providing a smooth and flavorful mouth to lung vape with all the throat hit you may need from the atomizer.

You’ll find the same liquid barriers, designed to keep the cotton off the airflow under the coil to help prevent directing liquid out the airflow.

You’ll also find the same easy drop-in coil deck which made the ARES I one of the easiest RTAs on the market to build.

One change to the deck is the bell threading which now goes completely around. This allows you to set your cotton without having to wet it first to hold it in place.

The final change is the one we’re most excited about. In addition to the standard outside air flow control, we’ve added the new Cross Air Flow Control (CAFC) located under the coil.

We wanted to give you the ability to change the velocity and air pattern under the coil without having to change parts OR remove the coil.

The CAFC allows you to change the airflow from a tiny hole to a larger slot running the length of the coil, and everything in between because it is completely adjustable.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Thanks Kent!!

• Like Like x 2
  19. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Did you take a look at any of the tutorial videos I did? You can get to them via scanning the QR code in the box or by going right to Innokin.com.

There is also the Platform Facebook group. We have many people there who are super helpful.

When I wick, I keep the cotton in the coil pretty tight, and then brush the wick with a small flathead screwdriver to align and reduce the fibers. You can see it in the tutorial video.

I also like 2.5mm coils and I'm actually going to do some experimenting with 2mm. I like my coil down close to the cross airflow control however, without touching.

• Like Like x 1
  20. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Since this is an Innokin thread... sure! The Proton! :)

• Like Like x 2