Ended Innokin Ares 2 Giveaway + Ask Phil & Dimitris anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi to both. Legends indeed :). One question only. With the airflow fully open what is the size? I hope it make sense :w00t:.

By the way I did watched the Crab juice video. Hilarious for us viewers but clearly not for you :lol:
Hey Aliraonz!

LOL! I REALLY DID have to throw away EVERYTHING that liquid came in contact with. Yuck!!

Ok, so remember there are two air flow controller on the Ares-2. The main external and the internal Cross Air Flow controller.

On the main you have 5 holes, a .8mm, 1mm, 1.2mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm. So you can have all those open at the same time. The CAFC when fully open is approximately 2.5mm x 1mm

Now, more importantly... why you're asking. So if you're asking because you want to know if it will RDL or DL, please keep in mind that there is a big... giant... MTL on the bell. :)

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hey guys!

So, I've been using the same RTA for the past 4.5 years. The Vaporesso Gemini RTA. Everytime the posts get loose I just buy a new one. How similar are either of these to those? I notice there's no top airflow so I wonder about the warmth of the vape the user gets. I'm one of the weirdos that likes a cooler vape. I run duel parallel 26g coils. 7 complete wraps with a 3mm diameter. .27ohms and I run it comfortably at 56w. Will this build work on these decks?

Additionally...will Innokin ever come out with a higher wattage box as durable as the MVP 3.0 Pro 60w? I put that box through HELL and only stopped using it when it finally reached the end of its battery life. I would KILL for a 100w box of that level of durability. I mean...guys made videos of them shooting arrows at it and running it over and it still worked. My busy life needs a durable mod and the mods these days just aren't cutting it.

Anywho, thanks for the opportunity!!

Hey jpbavaro!

Ok, based on two things you've told me...
1) You use the Vaporesso Gemini RTA
2) I run duel parallel 26g coils. 7 complete wraps with a 3mm diameter. .27ohms and I run it comfortably at 56w

I will say that this is not the tank for you and there's nothing wrong with that. This is a much simpler single coil MTL tank.

I don't think Innokin has any current plans of releasing a higher watt mod, but I will put the suggested past them.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi
I can’t say anything about the tank since I don’t have one but I wish I get one soon all the reviews are suggesting that is a great tank and I watch pretty much all of Busardo’s videos and I learned a lot from him.

And Busardo appreciates that reza! :)

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi,
I was wondering if the center post breaking in the V1 has been addressed in version 2.
I was bumbed out when my V1 post broke. It was my favorite MTL.
Hey Sanctuary!

First, sorry about your experience with it. :-(

Second, yes, it's beefed up.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hey @Dimitris and @pbusardo! Your original Zenith tank is what got me off the stinkies for good for almost 3 years and have been able to convince a couple of colleagues to do the same successfully! I remember you guys mentioning probable SS316L Zenith coils for TC. Is this still in the plans?

Hello rangers21!

"Your original Zenith tank is what got me off the stinkies for good"

Do you have any idea how good that makes us feel? It's the one thing in this industry I still cherish over everything else. So thank you for telling us that.

The SS Z-Coil has been a thorn in my side. I'm not going to release it unless it works well with TC, and we haven't been able to get it there.... YET!

We are releasing a new .3ohm RDL Z-Coil that will work around 35W. Testing and comment have been really good on that one. We are working on and will be releasing more as well. Stay tuned!

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
I love these contests. Thanks ecf and Innokin and Phil and Dimitri.

Phil, I've watched many of your videos over the years. The very first one I saw was when you showed us how to clean and boil our Boge cartomizers! Ten years ago! You've always been there to help new vapors and here you are doing it again. Building can be intimidating for first timers. The Ares sounds perfect for them and actually everyone. I'm all about ease of use. Hugs

Shout out to Dimitri as well. You're awesome but I'm all about team Phil.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I love my Area 2. But I still have problems with leaking out the air holes.
Hey Dragon!

If you're on Facebook stop by the Platform group. There's a lot of helpful people over there that will help you troubleshoot.

Also, keep in mind that I did a troubleshooting video for the tank as well that you can check out and see here (or by scanning your QR code):
Ares 2 – A Better Vape Experience

Finally, let's make sure you're really experiencing leaking and not condensation seepage.
If you're seeing a little bit of moisture around the airholes then that is probably just condensation seepage. When you vape, some vaper will be left in your airpath and will condense back to a liquid and eventually build up there. That's to be expected.

Now, if you fill your tank put it on your device, come back the next day and there no liquid in your tank, and it's now all over your device, THAT is leaking and shouldn't happen.

So, there's either something wrong with your build OR something wrong with the seals on the tank.

1) Make sure the cotton is off the CAFC which should be happening already because of the liquid barriers.
2) Make sure all the o-rings are in place and in good shape. Sometime there could be something as simple as a cotton thread that could mess with the seal. Try taking all your o-rings off, double and triple check them for damage, replace is needed, give them a little kiss with some e-liquid and reset them back in place.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I love these contests. Thanks ecf and Innokin and Phil and Dimitri.

Phil, I've watched many of your videos over the years. The very first one I saw was when you showed us how to clean and boil our Boge cartomizers! Ten years ago! You've always been there to help new vapors and here you are doing it again. Building can be intimidating for first timers. The Ares sounds perfect for them and actually everyone. I'm all about ease of use. Hugs

Shout out to Dimitri as well. You're awesome but I'm all about team Phil.

HA HA Dimi!! You hear that?!?! GO TEAM PHIL!!

Hey Skypea!

First, let me say that I don't think I'd be where I am today without Dimitris and I would hope he'd say the same thing about me.

Christ, I remember that video. Can you believe some of the .... we did back then!? And a sincere THANK YOU for hanging with me for so long!!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi

How well do these hold up when going thru various environmental conditions? Such as back and forth between high A/C and heat/humidity.
Considering I live in Florida and I'm back and forth between BRUTAL HEAT AND HUMIDITY and AC, I'd say pretty damn good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread