The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ended Innokin Ares 2 Giveaway + Ask Phil & Dimitris anything!

Discussion in 'ECF Competitions and Broadcasts' started by low_tar_neil, Sep 24, 2020.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Conductor

Conductor Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2017
    Hello guys, hello @pbusardo and @Dimitris.
    My first version Ares is still in use, very handy tank.
    I'm really impressed with the design of the new Ares 2.
    But I think there have been plenty of compliments already, and I want to say my critical remark.
    Based on my personal experience, the air pin with the horizontal platform design leads to the collection of condensate at that platform.
    And then the condensate flows down the air shaft to the AFC ring.

The solution to this problem is obvious. I will show you in the pictures.

upload_2020-9-25_20-37-3.png

I believe the design of AFC in the Ares 2 is technically elegant and ingenious.

upload_2020-9-25_20-37-20.png

But is there a danger of condensation flowing down?
    I would be glad if my fears are not justified.

• Like Like x 3
  2. pbusardo

pbusardo Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Thanks Nailz!

It's all about how they sell. If they sell well, we could potentially release new colors. Anything is possible, but it's really up to the market and acceptance.

• Like Like x 2
  3. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    There is. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Hey Diana. Not sure what you're asking. This promotion is for a rebuildable tank so the wattage you apply to it related to the build you put in it. I can tell you that my personal build I either run in TC or a whopping 14W max. Battery life is not an issue for me! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    You may be able to do it, but please keep in mind that there is a big giant MTL on the bell. :)
    So in other words, if I bought a white car, I wouldn't complain that it wasn't black. LOL!

• Like Like x 2
  6. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    I think Dimitris always did and I was always in denial. When ProVape closed shop, it really hit me hard. They were a pillar of the industry and a moment in time of my vaping experience.

If I had to do it all over again... KNOWING WHAT I KNOW NOW... I would have created a high VG high sweetener e-liquid company... followed by a high nic salt line, then got the .... out. ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  7. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Very difficult to make that distinction. I would say with the external and internal AFs set to their minimum, maybe as tight or a little tighter than a cigarette.

With everything open, perhaps a tight RDL, but as I've been saying, keep in mind that there is a big giant MTL on the bell on the standard version. ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  8. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Simple, you don't have to remove anything from the tank when filling.
    Potentially yes, which is why we now give you the ability to change the silicone fill port seal.

• Like Like x 2
  9. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Don't get us started?!?! Do you watch the Smoker's Show and DP Shows?!?! ;-)
    As long as there's more money to be made with cigarettes and big pharma... no.

Welcome to corrupt America.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Have you seen him? He's so breathtaking!!!
    We've been thought and experienced a lot with each other. Probably more than any married copy ever has.
    We've been there for each other when things are bad and talk each other through it.
    And we both believe in this industry for tobacco harm reduction and quitting smoking. We've never waivered in that crusade.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Much appreciated Molchi! Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  12. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Thanks very much VStorm. It's on the list. ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  13. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Anyone who can say it's worse, better, or as good without setting both up and vaping side by side with the same liquid and similar builds in blowing vapor up your ....

Since I have not, I cannot. Sorry!

• Like Like x 1
  14. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Awe Steam, that really means a lot! Thank you so much!! We designed it with beginners in mind!

• Like Like x 1
  15. pbusardo

Jun 30, 2009
    Cape Coral, FL
    Thanks for the question, photos, and compliments!

I want you to keep something in mind. Underneath ANY airflow hole, there is STILL a space where vapor will condense and pool. So no matter what the design of the spout under the coil, there's STILL something going on under that. That's why more expensive attys back in the day used catch cups which still needed to be removed and cleaned every now and then. So the potential exists with this, or IMHO any other bottom AF atty.

Although the CAFC is flat, it's also raised from the floor to reduce the potential from that happening.

The other thing we did and something I'm very proud of is the liquid barriers. These are designed to keep your cotton away from the CAFC to prevent creating a little juice river for leakage and condensation.

• Like Like x 3
  16. gurishka

gurishka Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  17. zyprexa

zyprexa Full Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Alkmaar, Netherlands
    Hi, the LE looks terrific!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. mrsnspectr

mrsnspectr New Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Springfield, Ohio
    How easy are these to rebuild? I have been using a Unity Profile, for the ease of the fill and rebuild, and it needs to be replaced ASAP. I haven't been able to find anything that doesn't look complicated. Also good flavor is a must!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. CraigPate

CraigPate New Member

Sep 21, 2020
    Hi Phil!

I think you and Dimitris did a fantastic job with the whole platform line and I can’t wait to see future products, because no doubt they’d be solid pieces of kit. Ares 2 is my first RTA and as much as it was frustrating in the beginning I’m really enjoying it now and I believe my building is getting better day by day. Thanks to all the help from you and Dimitris, and the platform group. I can’t praise you guys enough for what you do for the vaping community!

Quick question.
    Would there be much difference between using Kanthal or Ss?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ah! I see! Having never built my own coil, I know so little about how to do it. I guess what you are saying is you can build it to spec? Meaning, you buy the materials that will give you the ohm you looking for? I currently use VooPoo UFORCE Replacement Coils Resistance P2 0.6ohm. So I can build my own to get a similar ohm that's close to 0.6?

• Like Like x 1