Ended Innokin Ares 2 Giveaway + Ask Phil & Dimitris anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conductor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2017
Hello guys, hello @pbusardo and @Dimitris.
My first version Ares is still in use, very handy tank.
I'm really impressed with the design of the new Ares 2.
But I think there have been plenty of compliments already, and I want to say my critical remark.
Based on my personal experience, the air pin with the horizontal platform design leads to the collection of condensate at that platform.
And then the condensate flows down the air shaft to the AFC ring.

The solution to this problem is obvious. I will show you in the pictures.

upload_2020-9-25_20-37-3.png

I believe the design of AFC in the Ares 2 is technically elegant and ingenious.

upload_2020-9-25_20-37-20.png

But is there a danger of condensation flowing down?
I would be glad if my fears are not justified.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi @pbusardo and @Dimitris

Loved the flavor from the Ares V1, but had leaking problems with it, already got the Ares V2, and it is much better, but do not like design on the base, so I am excited to see this new version with the cleaner base.

Will there be more colors in the future, or will this be it for colors?

Thanks Nailz!

It's all about how they sell. If they sell well, we could potentially release new colors. Anything is possible, but it's really up to the market and acceptance.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi!
I've never used rebuildable coils but I'd love to try since I've heard it would save a lot of money doing it. What selection of ohms are there? Are any for cooler vapes (no more than 24 watts)? I have a VooPoo2 Drag and the tank I use has 4 or 5 different coils to choose from. I use the one that is the coolest setting at no more than 24 watts. It allows me to use 50/50 ejuice instead of 70/30.
Hey Diana. Not sure what you're asking. This promotion is for a rebuildable tank so the wattage you apply to it related to the build you put in it. I can tell you that my personal build I either run in TC or a whopping 14W max. Battery life is not an issue for me! :)

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi!

I'm got an Ares 2 on the way (maybe I'll win a 2 LE here [emoji3]).

What are your thoughts on the 2 for restricted DL? I saw a review indicating it was really good, am looking forward to finding out for myself.
You may be able to do it, but please keep in mind that there is a big giant MTL on the bell. :)
So in other words, if I bought a white car, I wouldn't complain that it wasn't black. LOL!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi, This ones for both of yall.

Did either of you have any idea how much things would change in the world of vaping over the last almost 20 years ( damn were getting old) and if you had it to do all over again would you do anything differently?

For me personally, if I had advance knowledge of the future, I think I wouldve spent more time with Drew from Nhaler at Vapercon, while he was still with us.

And I wouldve bought stock in Provari and sold it before the Radius was introduced.

I think Dimitris always did and I was always in denial. When ProVape closed shop, it really hit me hard. They were a pillar of the industry and a moment in time of my vaping experience.

If I had to do it all over again... KNOWING WHAT I KNOW NOW... I would have created a high VG high sweetener e-liquid company... followed by a high nic salt line, then got the .... out. ;-)

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi there,

How loose or tight is the mtl?
Very difficult to make that distinction. I would say with the external and internal AFs set to their minimum, maybe as tight or a little tighter than a cigarette.

With everything open, perhaps a tight RDL, but as I've been saying, keep in mind that there is a big giant MTL on the bell on the standard version. ;-)

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi to the both of you!

@pbusardo and @Dimitris

I want wondering why you went with the slide cap fill section rather than a quartet turn or bayonet lock style top cap?

Over time, wouldn't that slide section wear and become loose in tolerances?
Simple, you don't have to remove anything from the tank when filling.
Potentially yes, which is why we now give you the ability to change the silicone fill port seal.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi, @pbusardo and @Dimitris

Maybe it's time to graduate from my trusty Nautilus Mini.

It is my Vapeversary, 7 years today with 0 cigs smoked!

Do you think the rest of this country will ever realize that vaping saves lives? As horrible as Covid-19 is, we still lose more people from smoking.

Don't get us started?!?! Do you watch the Smoker's Show and DP Shows?!?! ;-)
As long as there's more money to be made with cigarettes and big pharma... no.

Welcome to corrupt America.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi phill and dimitry, nice atty congrats, why do you love each other ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Have you seen him? He's so breathtaking!!!
We've been thought and experienced a lot with each other. Probably more than any married copy ever has.
We've been there for each other when things are bad and talk each other through it.
And we both believe in this industry for tobacco harm reduction and quitting smoking. We've never waivered in that crusade.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
No questions, just a thanks to Innokin for another awesome giveaway and a big thanks to @Dimitris and @pbusardo for everything you do for the vapescene by advocating, and the great dp-, and smokershows, keep up with the great work.
Much appreciated Molchi! Thank you!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hello,
I really appreciate the fact that you guys listened and did changes on the Ares 2. Thank you also for what you do for us ex smokers [emoji122][emoji122]

One question.
Any chance we see an Ares RDA in future?
Thanks very much VStorm. It's on the list. ;-)

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi - I use a rad- how does this compare to the flavor?
Anyone who can say it's worse, better, or as good without setting both up and vaping side by side with the same liquid and similar builds in blowing vapor up your ....

Since I have not, I cannot. Sorry!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hi @pbusardo and @Dimitris,
no questions here. Just wanted to say that you did a great job with the Ares line. It's the ideal atty for beginners in rebuildables. Not only the tank itself but also the complete package - perfect for starters, everything you need is included. I don't know of any other manufacturer that offers such a complete starter kit. Two thumbs up! :thumbs:
Awe Steam, that really means a lot! Thank you so much!! We designed it with beginners in mind!

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Hello guys, hello @pbusardo and @Dimitris.
My first version Ares is still in use, very handy tank.
I'm really impressed with the design of the new Ares 2.
But I think there have been plenty of compliments already, and I want to say my critical remark.
Based on my personal experience, the air pin with the horizontal platform design leads to the collection of condensate at that platform.
And then the condensate flows down the air shaft to the AFC ring.

The solution to this problem is obvious. I will show you in the pictures.

View attachment 909053

I believe the design of AFC in the Ares 2 is technically elegant and ingenious.

View attachment 909055

But is there a danger of condensation flowing down?
I would be glad if my fears are not justified.

Thanks for the question, photos, and compliments!

I want you to keep something in mind. Underneath ANY airflow hole, there is STILL a space where vapor will condense and pool. So no matter what the design of the spout under the coil, there's STILL something going on under that. That's why more expensive attys back in the day used catch cups which still needed to be removed and cleaned every now and then. So the potential exists with this, or IMHO any other bottom AF atty.

Although the CAFC is flat, it's also raised from the floor to reduce the potential from that happening.

The other thing we did and something I'm very proud of is the liquid barriers. These are designed to keep your cotton away from the CAFC to prevent creating a little juice river for leakage and condensation.

CraigPate

Sep 21, 2020
Hi Phil!

I think you and Dimitris did a fantastic job with the whole platform line and I can’t wait to see future products, because no doubt they’d be solid pieces of kit. Ares 2 is my first RTA and as much as it was frustrating in the beginning I’m really enjoying it now and I believe my building is getting better day by day. Thanks to all the help from you and Dimitris, and the platform group. I can’t praise you guys enough for what you do for the vaping community!

Quick question.
Would there be much difference between using Kanthal or Ss?

Hey Diana. Not sure what you're asking. This promotion is for a rebuildable tank so the wattage you apply to it related to the build you put in it. I can tell you that my personal build I either run in TC or a whopping 14W max. Battery life is not an issue for me! :)

Ah! I see! Having never built my own coil, I know so little about how to do it. I guess what you are saying is you can build it to spec? Meaning, you buy the materials that will give you the ohm you looking for? I currently use VooPoo UFORCE Replacement Coils Resistance P2 0.6ohm. So I can build my own to get a similar ohm that's close to 0.6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread