Status
Not open for further replies.

Duranu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
Illinois, USA
I've had mine for a little bit now, myself. My own thoughts on it:

Would definitely have liked an ohm meter. Puff meter is a nice little thing, but relatively useless other than seeing how much you have this thing attached to your face.

I like the weight, feels well built, hefty.

Size for me is perfect, not too small, not overly huge.

Different button placement would have been nice. Like others have said, on the side, or at the top.

Would have liked it better if the 510 placement was centered on the top, rather than off towards one side.

Replaceable battery would have been great, but the vape time on this makes it a very minor gripe.

Would have liked to see the LED indicators placed somewhere other than right at the button.

These are all very minor gripes though. Would highly recommend this myself.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
What wall wart are you using to plug the USB charge cable into? I assume, since the battery is 2600mAh, that one could use a 5V 2Amp unit, similar to this?

I am using a similar one to that.I am using the one that came with my ego c kit without any problems.

Duranu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
Illinois, USA
Just an FYI:For those looking for the iclear 16 clearomizers that come in the MVP kit,i just ordered 5 of them yesterday from carolina vapes.For the moment they are the only retailer carrying them other than ordering from china at a $1 more per clearo.

Thanks for the info! I've been looking for these for some time now. I've just started using one of the two that came with my MVP and so far it's been working pretty well.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Just an FYI:For those looking for the iclear 16 clearomizers that come in the MVP kit,i just ordered 5 of them yesterday from carolina vapes.For the moment they are the only retailer carrying them other than ordering from china at a $1 more per clearo.

Thanks for the info :) Vaper Venue also carries the iclear 16 clearomizers, exact ones that are in the kit a $1.00 cheaper and they have the replacement heads available in a 5 pack, all in stock. I am really liking the iclear 16 clearomizers and ordered the replacement heads since I have 4 of them already from the kits.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Did anyone catch the fieldofvaper youtube vid today??? He pulled the parts out of the MVP and found out it comes with 2-2200mah batts inside??? You do not see a close up of it,just him reading it off the side of the batt package.My question why is the MVP listed as a 2600mah battery capacity if they,obviously,knew what battery they stocked it with?

Trik_Ster

Aug 12, 2010
USA
I received mine less than 24 hrs ago and was disappointed.
This what I wrote the vendor / distributor:

Hi

I recieved the Innokin iTaste MVP Variable Voltage APV I ordered and was surprised that the only directions were a small card with a photo on each side with a couple comments inside bubbles with lines pointing to different buttons, displays, whatever.

I would have believed that such a feature loaded vaporizer would come with a detailed manual.

No information on charging time.

I plug in the charger to a USB 2 port and a green light comes on by what I believe is the vaporizers activation button.

None of the other displays light.
Not the Variable Voltage or puff counter.

This is a very disappointing purchase.

While charging it should operate in a passthrough mode.
But it doesn't.
But then I'm not sure its even on because of the lack of an manual and the single, single color light having no real indication of that lights function.

Even your web page for it only has a listing of it's features
No real operational information.

It also looks like it's been through a bit of a beating.
The V V/puff counter display is scuffed.

I'm sorry to have to contact you with this.
But hope that you can see my point.

Heck even the charging / passthrough cable is less than 2 feet long. Rendering it all but useless as a passthrogh

Do all of these ship without a manual, or did I just get lucky?

I need a manual.
I'll settle for a PDF that I'll print out myself although a high quality, detailed, glossy, multipage one should have been provided

I mean how do you reset the puff counter, Let the battery fully discharge?

I've never seen a passthrough cable that is less than 4.5 feet long.

Wow, what a disapointment this device was / is

Also it doesn't appear to have any kind of waranty.

If this is the case I wish to return it immediatly
If they have no confidence in their product. Why should I?

I can understand Atmoziers, cartos and clearo's being buy at your own risk
But not a high dollar electronic device that among it's claims is that it will recharge iPhones and other that drvices cost far in excess of this device

Again, I am sorry to have had to contact you about this
But I feel like I recieved less than what was advertised

It can have all the functions in the world, but without directions on how to use properly
You run the risk of damaging this device and any other device it it plugged into..

I look forward to your reply.

Thank You
Name Removed
Email Removed

PS:
This is the only less than fantastic transaction / experience I've had with your company
You and your personel have been very helpful, informative and patient with helping me with questions about other products.

Did others revieve users / owners manuals, and at least a 90 day waranty

Last edited:

Rnoserious

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2012
Bethlehem, Georgia
www.coast2coastvaping.com
Exactly! There is NO version 2!

The best is when some people go on YouTube or here on the forum and say things like, 'I didn't like this and that so I spoke to the Chinese manufacturer and they changed the product to MY specification'. yeah right... lol

That actually happens.. See the zmaxx coop thread by rusalka.. The vendor is changing the mod to our specification.

Trik_Ster

Aug 12, 2010
USA
Thanks for the link
Since my original post I've found a couple clearo's (forget the make and model) that don't fit properly like like the guy in the video mentions
Fortunately though their 4 wick clearos are very nice (imho), provide great vapor and taste
TH's aren't really my thing so I really don't have an opinion on that.

The device really should have a manual and a longer charging cable if they're going to list it as working as a passthrough in it's feature set

malcop

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Birmingham
Thanks for the link
Since my original post I've found a couple clearo's (forget the make and model) that don't fit properly like like the guy in the video mentions
Fortunately though their 4 wick clearos are very nice (imho), provide great vapor and taste
TH's aren't really my thing so I really don't have an opinion on that.

The device really should have a manual and a longer charging cable if they're going to list it as working as a passthrough in it's feature set
I agree what you said about the charging cable it is too short if you want to use it as a passthrough, that is why I never use the cable that came with the MVP, I have a few micro USB cables laying around that are at least twice as long as the one in the kit.

Also your right about the instructions in the kit, it should be expanded, simple things like explaining that when the unit is fully charged the green light will go out, or if you let the device run all the way down, you can't use it as a passthrough until the green light comes on, simple things like that would cause a lot less initial confusion for new users of the MVP.

Last edited:

papercrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Baltimore
Just got mine today from the co-op---Rno is AWESOME!!

This is my first mod and I am in love. I like the clearos that came with it. I have tried two different clearos before (Stardust and SI X2) and hated both of them immediately...so I was pleasantly surprised that these neither leak or taste burnt. I have some RBAs on the way and am excited to try them. Luckily I already bought an ohms reader for rebuilding my vivi nova heads so not having one built into this is no big deal for me.

Thumbs up!

papercrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Baltimore
So after about 8 hours of on and off vaping it was on yellow last night so I plugged it in before I went to bed. This morning (8-ish hours later) It is still lit up green on the charger.

Question: Does the light go off when it's fully charged?

EDIT: Disregard. It's off now. But that sucker took all night to charge!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread