Innokin iTaste MVP in the House

Status
Not open for further replies.

malcop

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Birmingham
I received mine less than 24 hrs ago and was disappointed.
This what I wrote the vendor / distributor:

Did others revieve users / owners manuals, and at least a 90 day waranty
Fund this user guide over at UK Vapers, hope this helps.

Attachments

• INNOKIN_ITASTE_MVP_USER_MANUAL.pdf
    533.1 KB · Views: 84

malcop

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Birmingham
Everyone is probably going to laugh about this,last night i set my MVP up on my desk when i went to bed,with a clearo attatched and juice in clearo with beauty ring on.Woke up this morning and grabbed for the MVP to take a hit,ALL the juice leaked out the bottom and thru the connector and surrounding threads and inside the MVP unit itself.Ain't this a b$#@$.I am 1 day outside of the warranty for this thing too,i have been cleanimg and wiping it off all day.Everytime i get a spot cleaned,the damn juice just comes out from under the cap and i have to start cleaning again.
Ouch!! i feel for you that has happened to me a couple of times in the past with different PV's so now I either take of the atty or lay the PV on it's side when I go to bed.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Ouch!! i feel for you that has happened to me a couple of times in the past with different PV's so now I either take of the atty or lay the PV on it's side when I go to bed.
I got an email from the vendor and LUCKILY,he sent me an RMA email,and he is going to exchange it free of charge,now that is excellent customer service even when the buyer screws up.

moya

Nov 6, 2012
Berkeley, CA
Can anyone expand on Innokin's note in the manual?

Note however that continual uninterrupted use of the device will essentially negate any
charging taking place and the device will likely not charge for an extremely long duration
under this circumstance.

My new MVP doesn't give any LED indication that it is charging when I insert the cable; it's fully discharged, and I've verified the behavior with several functional cables. The unit has been plugged in for about 30 minutes, but nothing is happening to indicate a charge. I'll continue to wait for "an extremely long duration", I guess.

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
From other posts in various fora, with regard to vaping the MVP in "passthrough" mode (i.e., vape while charging), it has been pointed out that you can vape the MVP while it charges, but only after the LED turns green ... this says to me, that at a certain state of discharge the MVP's LED will not be lit at all until a certain (e.g., vapable) level of charge is reached, at which point it turns green. So, I would guess that if you've run the battery down far enough, the LED will not light up during the initial part of the charge ... :blink:

taofishdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Clackamas, Oregon
so i got my MVP a week ago monday, first charge lasted over 1300 puffs. Second charge only lasted about 1000 and the third was less than that. Today it seemed to go from yellow to red rather quickly, then upon turning red died soon thereafter. When i plugged it in to charge, it went red...yellow...green in a matter of 5 minutes, i know the batt is almost dead, but the light turned back green quickly :confused: The third charge (went from just barely red) to fully charged in probably 2 or 3 hours. Seems like it should take a lot longer.

What have others' experiences been with the charge on these things?

Is my battery crapping out on me already? Am i charging this wrong (USB port on my computer)?

Last edited:

taofishdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Clackamas, Oregon
The users with problems charging and not charging,do you have the output switch set to OFF????If you do not set it to the OFF position,it is on the bottom of the unit.ONLY turn the output ON,when you are charging another device,do NOT,turn it on when just vaping with the MVP.

I haven't ever switched it to ON.

Painterface

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
MVP arrived for my wife and she LOVES it! She hasn't had a cigarette in two days! It's the longest she's gone in about 10 years. I'm so happy for her.

One problem with the MVP though: she hasn't been able to use it as a passthrough. I'm not sure what the problem is. Anyone?

She's still on the first charge(two days and counting!) so it's not a big problem, but I'd want it to work as a pt eventually.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
The "beauty ring" on mine fits loose. It's a cute little thing, but not quite enough kick for me. It's a nice thing to have, though. I have used it to charge my phone a feq times, and it is a great conversation piece. I really use the Ucan juice holder more than I do the MVP. I am thinking of selling it.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
MVP arrived for my wife and she LOVES it! She hasn't had a cigarette in two days! It's the longest she's gone in about 10 years. I'm so happy for her.

One problem with the MVP though: she hasn't been able to use it as a passthrough. I'm not sure what the problem is. Anyone?

She's still on the first charge(two days and counting!) so it's not a big problem, but I'd want it to work as a pt eventually.

The 3 click lights don't work when plugged in. So you just have to press three times, wait a sec and then it should fire. You could also check the screen but it can be a little funky when charging.

I have actually had it plugged in, with my phone then plugged into it charging and vaping at the same time.

ErroR19

Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
SoCal
so i got my MVP a week ago monday, first charge lasted over 1300 puffs. Second charge only lasted about 1000 and the third was less than that. Today it seemed to go from yellow to red rather quickly, then upon turning red died soon thereafter. When i plugged it in to charge, it went red...yellow...green in a matter of 5 minutes, i know the batt is almost dead, but the light turned back green quickly :confused: The third charge (went from just barely red) to fully charged in probably 2 or 3 hours. Seems like it should take a lot longer.

What have others' experiences been with the charge on these things?

Is my battery crapping out on me already? Am i charging this wrong (USB port on my computer)?

Not sure if this has been answered but Green does not mean fully charged when plugged in. The LED will turn off completely when the MVP has been fully charged.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
There's a co-op getting ready to start for the MVP which I intend to get in on. But, first I have a couple of questions.

First, I wonder if anyone here got the Blue Steel color. If so, is there any blue to it at all? It looks just plain gray in the pictures.

Second, now that ya'll have had these a while, how do you like the clearomizers that come with the MVP?

Thanks in advance.

Luther

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Winston-Salem, N.C.

The MVP is not a true passthrough device. You can use it as long as it is still in the green while it is charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread