Innokin iTaste SVD - a very good mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steakjuice

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Toronto, ON Canada
I will say other than the Provari or any dna 20 mod......the SVD kills EVERYTHING! Build quality,options, and looks put it on top of everything else $100 and under. Here's a vid comparison i did between it and the Vamo

Your review convinced me to take the plunge, it was entertaining and informative. I thought about buying just the tube, but now I'm going to get the set because I want to try the iClear 30s and have the longer tube option. Thank you and everyone else in the thread for the feedback! I cannot wait to vape this... wanna see the difference between this and my eGo C Twist.

Can someone ID the atomizer being used in the review? It's the one on the SVD in the preview pic.

Last edited:

twistedchild316

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
East Texas
www.youtube.com
Your review convinced me to take the plunge, it was entertaining and informative. I thought about buying just the tube, but now I'm going to get the set because I want to try the iClear 30s and have the longer tube option. Thank you and everyone else in the thread for the feedback! I cannot wait to vape this... wanna see the difference between this and my eGo C Twist.

Can someone ID the atomizer being used in the review? It's the one on the SVD in the preview pic.

Thanks man! Good to hear! That is the RSST RBA btw

jfango

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Salisbury MO
I've had one for about a week. It's kinda big compared to my Zmax. I really like that you can lock the power setting, because the Zmax drives me nuts with the frequent accidental power changes. The SVD has too many buttons, I'm always fumbling around trying to find the fire button. I do really like that you can check the ohms of the coil without getting into a menu. I also like the larger base, it doesn't fall over so much.

Steakjuice

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Toronto, ON Canada
I got mine in the mail today. First thing I noticed was no cover on the LCD, but everything else seems fine. Only problem is I've been waiting for 5 hours now for these bloody 18650's to charge in the Nitecore. Is that normal? I want to hit this!

For what it's worth, the charge indicator has gone from 1-3 over this period. It's on the third light now, and presumably the next light will indicate green for "full". I'm glad the batts come in pairs, good to have a backup while one takes its time to charge.

Last edited:

rebar71

Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Austin, TX
I got mine in the mail today. First thing I noticed was no cover on the LCD, but everything else seems fine. Only problem is I've been waiting for 5 hours now for these bloody 18650's to charge in the Nitecore. Is that normal? I want to hit this!
Yes. But at this point, you can probably take one of the batteries out and use it while letting the other(s) finish charging.

rebar71

Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Austin, TX
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Deleted at OPs request.

Steakjuice

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Toronto, ON Canada
Yes. But at this point, you can probably take one of the batteries out and use it while letting the other(s) finish charging.
Ah, I gotcha. Well, I've started with the two, I might as well wait for the both of them to fill up now. I'm at the final stretch, anyway.

OK, they're full now. I am vaping. First things I've noticed using the iClear30's that came with the kit:

1. @4.0V/8.0W, flavor is definitely fuller and more consistent than my eGo-C Twist/Mini Protank combo. This I like. I could get flavors similar to this the eGo setup, but it was easy to get a burnt taste after several long drags. Not so with this, so far.

2. Tougher draw. The airhole for the mouthpiece on the iClear is much smaller than the Protank's, which might explain why.

3. Warmer vapor. This is surprising as I thought it was supposed to be a cool hit. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the above.

4. Less MORE vapor, smoother TH. Vapor production is still good, however GREAT. I just had to get used to the pull, since the sensation of drawing is so different from the mini 'tank. I was unable to achieve this level of vapor without getting that nasty taste on the eGo C. This is fantastic.

So far, so great. Only thing I would like to do is improve the draw a bit, which I'm assuming can be accomplished with a different atty. This thing is bloody fantastic and easily worth the $60. I am very happy with the performance of the iClear 30s, too, but we'll see how they hold up.

Update: Yup, draw on the mini 'tank is no different than on my eGo C. Taste is the same, too, though I'm afraid to take bigger hits since I'm practically running on empty! All in all, I think the differences can be attributed more to the atty than anything else, but the difference in taste when vaping my coconut cream pie juice is obvious and welcome.

Update 2: The thing looks goofy as hell to me but GAT DANG does it perform. I'll be using it for as long as it lasts. Still looking to experiment with a mech eventually, I'll just continue using the iClear 30s.

Last edited:

Soulfly54

Mar 26, 2013
Waukesha, WI
I got an SVD a few months ago & I find it quite overrated. It's gigantic, the menu is kind of a pain in the ..., and it doesn't help that the firing button on mine decided to stay stuck halfway. If I barely hover my thumb over it it fires now. Since then I got a Sigelei Zmax V3, a KSD Kmax bronze & just got another Zmax (V5). The Zmax is almost an inch shorter, has an OLED screen, & a very easy to access menu that is simple & to the point. SVD is just not up my alley....

Last edited:

Soulfly54

Mar 26, 2013
Waukesha, WI
I've had one for about a week. It's kinda big compared to my Zmax. I really like that you can lock the power setting, because the Zmax drives me nuts with the frequent accidental power changes. The SVD has too many buttons, I'm always fumbling around trying to find the fire button. I do really like that you can check the ohms of the coil without getting into a menu. I also like the larger base, it doesn't fall over so much.

You must be referring to the Smok Zmax right? Because my Sigelei saves the settings when I switch batteries.

Steakjuice

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Toronto, ON Canada
I got an SVD a few months ago & I find it quite overrated. It's gigantic, the menu is kind of a pain in the ..., and it doesn't help that the firing button on mine decided to stay stuck halfway. If I barely hover my thumb over it it fires now. Since then I got a Sigelei Zmax V3, a KSD Kmax bronze & just got another Zmax (V5). The Zmax is almost an inch shorter, has an OLED screen, & a very easy to access menu that is simple & to the point. SVD is just not up my alley....

I can see where the interface is annoying. The button placement makes switching VV/VW modes rather awkward, but once you figure out your vaping settings you don't really need to use them too often. And yeah, the thing is quite long with an 18650 and the design seems to be a love/hate thing (I think it looks really silly, personally). I haven't had any QC issues to date, but I've only owned it for a week. I read about button issues in another thread here, and at least a few people managed to fix it with some sort of rotation technique to get it to fall back into place. Hoping I won't have to do that.

It boils down to priorities and preference. I love how it performs at the price I paid. If you can work with the interface, size, and styling, you'll probably like the SVD. If you prioritize user interface and traditional aesthetics, other APVs will probably suit your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread