Innokin iTaste SVD - a very good mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intervap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2013
Port Huron, Mi
The SVD is my first mod, had the eGo Twist before.
I knew about vv, vw, ohms, etc. before hand but this is great for beginners. No menu system, just different button combinations for the different features. LOVE LOVE LOVE that. To me, it looks like a light saber and a Protank II looks slick on it. Some have told me it looks like an adult toy, but almost all mods can be compared to that.
I do wish the watts went up and down in something smaller than .5 increments, I find myself using the vv more because of this.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
is the SVD box supposed to come shrink wrapped? i got mine from Fasttech and mine was NOT...and it was dirty as hell with scratches.

Mine came wrapped box, screen pretected, shinny new. You should open a ticket they will pay return shipping to florida very fast proses.

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
I knew about vv, vw, ohms, etc. before hand but this is great for beginners. No menu system, just different button combinations for the different features. LOVE LOVE LOVE that. To me, it looks like a light saber and a Protank II looks slick on it. Some have told me it looks like an adult toy, but almost all mods can be compared to that.
I do wish the watts went up and down in something smaller than .5 increments, I find myself using the vv more because of this.

No need for more smaller increments 0.5w equals +/- 0.1v i know this because my evic have a 0.1w increment and the screen shows what voltage is in that wattage

Example of a 0.5w increment = 0.1v
y7ubuqup.jpg

be2u3eda.jpg

Example of 0.1w increment = 0.02v (you wont even feel any diference)
turyra5e.jpg

etuse7y6.jpg

atama2uj.jpg

yjevusat.jpg

Intervap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2013
Port Huron, Mi
DaxFX:10388570 said:

No need for more smaller increments 0.5w equals +/- 0.1v i know this because my evic have a 0.1w increment and the screen shows what voltage is in that wattage

Example of a 0.5w increment = 0.1v
y7ubuqup.jpg

be2u3eda.jpg

Example of 0.1w increment = 0.02v (you wont even feel any diference)
turyra5e.jpg

etuse7y6.jpg

atama2uj.jpg

yjevusat.jpg

Interesting. For whatever reason, I still prefer the voltage mode. It just gives me a better vape.
And for those receiving dinged up SVDs from Fasttech, I would ASSUME (do not know) these are returned devices that have been repaired or have found no problem with. I don't know what else it could be, since it would be dumb of them to open up a box just to goof around with.
Mine was shrink wrapped and came in brand new condition. Not a scratch on the battery cap, which is where you'll notice it first.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
my vamo fell to pieces and started to smoke this morning- luckily my local brick and mortar had the Innokin SVD in stock, right out of the box it feels more sturdy vs the vamo, and I find the user controls easy to pick up.

I had an MVP and loved it, went with the vamo for the price, should have gotten the SVD right off of the bat

Word. I just received my SVD this morning and now wish I'd just gone with it over the Vamo. Don't get me wrong, I do like the Vamo, but the SVD is that much better IMO.

The fact it also looks like a mini light saber is also pure win in my book. :D

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I was one that got the express version. I have been looking for the long tube only. I finally went to Innokin and clicked on one of the supplier lists on their sight and found the long tube for 7 bucks.

http://www.fairy-gift.com/itaste-svd-long-tube-p-54.html

You all think legit?

To edit... hmmm 10 bucks USPS or 3 bucks China Shipping...

Last edited:

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Thanks mate.. Now to decide whether it is worth 19 bucks or 11 bucks and 2 week wait. I shoulda just went with the full kit.

Is worth only $11 and wait, you still can do the same with the short tube, no need to hurry you are not missing anything

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Is worth only $11 and wait, you still can do the same with the short tube, no need to hurry you are not missing anything

Aye mate... usually i end up getting something that I thought I really needed then thought... why did i get this again?

I am thinking maybe just get some 18350's. Dang thing get's heavy chain vaping.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Aye mate... usually i end up getting something that I thought I really needed then thought... why did i get this again?

I am thinking maybe just get some 18350's. Dang thing get's heavy chain vaping.

With short tube you still can do all battery configuration, 1x 18350, 1x 18650, 2x 18350 stacked
Mine is right now stacked with short tube with 2 efest 18350 with my dual coil Igo-L

Nicotinologist

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
Long Beach, California
The black button is the standard on the SVD. The white button you may have seen was a prototype sent out to reviewers and vendors apparently.
Where is the iTaze? Looking at the Fasttech photos it says iTazte which is as it should be.

The reason they are so cheap on sites such as fasttech is probably huge bulk buying prices. Similar things happen in other industries, one of which I am involved in. It causes huge issues for distributors, manufacturers retail online or brick shops. Manufacturers who sell direct cover themselves when the retailers or distributers come to complain. And the same could be said for the others. So take the Innokin statement with a pinch of salt.

I would not doubt the fact that the SVDs on the fasttech site are the real deal. Although they seem to only come with one tube (although the two tube telescope is bloody weird anyway) and no itaste clearos.

I believe the two tube option is much better just for a more proportional look and gives you more grip on it when using the longer tube with an 18650 or two 18350.

edgie13

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Florida
Thinking about ordering an SVD as my first mod. Currently on an ego twist, was just wondering what kind of tube does fasttech provide? If its telescopic does it matter if its short or long? And what kind of battery configuration would everyone recommend?

Fasttech has 2 options:

1. the mod only for $37.
2. the kit (mod, short and long tubes, 1 iclear30, and some replacement heads) for $60

Just go to their site and type in "svd" in the search. The 2 above items will show. They have reviews that you can look at also. Good luck.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Thinking about ordering an SVD as my first mod. Currently on an ego twist, was just wondering what kind of tube does fasttech provide? If its telescopic does it matter if its short or long? And what kind of battery configuration would everyone recommend?

I have the express kit, wich comes with only 1 tube i didnt need the extra tube or iclears so 37 for the express kit is awesome.

I can use all battery configuration with express kit tube (short), 1x 18350, 1x 18650 and stacked 18350. I only use stacked batteries when i setup my igo L with dual coils, for normal use youll be fine with a single battery setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread