Status
Not open for further replies.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I would pair your second Zenith with a mod that takes a rechargeable battery. My reasonably priced faves are the Asmodus Colossal (best price on Vapor Range), the eleaf iStick Pico 25, and the vaporesso Armour Pro. If you like an internal battery, by all means, get another Kroma-A kit. It's a good deal.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Do i get another of these or is there a comparible for ease of use that Ive missed.

Define ease of use. ;)

I'm a big fan of eGo One series from Joyetech with CLR coils. Tanks come in three sizes (1.8. 2.5 and 4 ml--22 mm diameter) and the drop-in CLR coils are rewickable, dry-burnable, and rebuildable (should you choose to do it some time in the future). Those coils have their little quirks, like everything in vaping, but they last very long time with minimal maintenance once you get to know them. And eGo One tanks and coils are much cheaper than the Zenith in the long run.

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

As for mods, there are many good ones out there. If you want a mod with an external battery, the Evic Primo mini is very reliable.

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
TN, USA
Hi, Paula - the Kroma and Zenith combo is a pretty sweet rig...I’ve been using one and am really loving it. I like the weight/shape of the Kroma for how it feels in the hand, but the Zenith tanks are really awesome!

I have no real suggestions for other mods/tanks, other than to suggest getting another Zenith tank as a backup. I had one, and my husband stole it because he liked it so much! Will be buying another one soon, for sure.

all, sorry to resurrect an older thread. Its what brought me here.
I love this kroma zenith kit. My first 'fancy' buy since I quit sticks 3 weeks ago. Now Im finding the need for a back up (I chain at times and have burnt a couple of coils learning how to vape properly)
Do i get another of these or is there a comparible for ease of use that Ive missed.
I love the drop in coil, and for now wouldnt even attempt to build anything myself. Have it on 0.8 at the mo, but am planning on trying 1.6 as Im starting to prefer a cooler vape.

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
Just dug my Zenith out of my hoard of attys installed a new coil and some juice. WOW! I forgot how nice this tank is. Flavor is almost as good as my Kayfun on temp control. Now I remember why I have 7 boxes of coils for this tank on the shelf. :p

Installed on an Aegis mini and fits in my front pocket pretty well. Would be the perfect pocket setup with the 22mm version. Compared to my other currently used mods it makes of a nice out of the house package. L-R: Paranormal, Aegis mini, Aegis 100

Attachments

• 20190217_230054_001.jpg
    20190217_230054_001.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 51

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
Good-looking crew there.
Thanks Zazie,
I bet you can tell which one is the "in the house only " one. I tend to drop my vape at least once a week working in the garage. Went with the AegisMini / Zenith combo because they are pretty much bomb proof.

Anyone know where to get the 22mm version of the Zenith?

Reactions: stols001

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

Paula...only one (MTL) vaper's experience...of course...

But...after having tried multiple different Tanks...I was quite satisfied with the Nautilus's and eGo Ones/CLRs in my Home Rotation...

However...after trying my first one...I replaced them ALL with Zeniths...

More satisfying ("denser") vapor...NO leaking...and...Top-Filling!!!

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Thanks Zazie,
I bet you can tell which one is the "in the house only " one.
Tricky . . .
Anyone know where to get the 22mm version of the Zenith?
I got mine at MyVaporStore, but I don't know if that's the best deal ($22.99).

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I emailed the guy who runs VapeCrawler and asked him some questions about my results. When I got his answers, I totally quit even checking VC.

@JCinFLA ...since I routinely begin my vape web searches at Vapecrawler ...I'd be interested in which "answers" turned you into a "Non-VC"
user...

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
since I routinely begin my vape web searches at Vapecrawler ...I'd be interested in which "answers" turned you into a "Non-VC"
user...

I got the answers to my questions that just confirmed what I originally thought, after finding lower, and sometimes much lower prices, by doing my own searches for products: 1) that the only websites' results you will find on VC are the ones who've agreed to the Share-A-Sale or commission deal with him (I can't remember now which program it is exactly), and 2) that he therefore couldn't state that you'd find the best prices/lowest prices on VC.

However, other people often refer to VC as the place to go to find them.

ETA: To me, when I find a lower price on a website that's not shown on VC...it may be because the website owner would rather just cut the price for the customer, by the same amount or more than he/she would pay VC in a commission after my purchase.

Last edited:

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans

FAIL = Out of Stock
Only saw one site in the USA had it in stock that have never heard of and won't be buying from them.

Like "JCinFLA" VC is only about the $ not yours or my best interest. Have you seen the tracking cookies that website puts on your computer? I surely won't ever go back to that website.

Reactions: stols001

chrisgla

Feb 23, 2019
I moved from T20 to Kroma/ Zenith kit a month ago but have gone though so many coils I don’t think it’s for me. Fairly sure this is because the wicking holes are just too small for the 70-80% vg liquids I like ( particularly with 0.5 but I’ve tried all three coils).

Does anyone have a suggestion for a better suited alternative?
I tried a new Innokin Plexar in shop but it’s fixed at 100w and found it a bit hot although hard to tell from a few draws. I think my preference is probably for a coil around 0.3 - 0.8 ohm, “tight dtl”, easy fill and change coil when full.
I smoked a couple of years ago so tend to mtl but do find myself just dtl at times.
really don’t want too much of a monster as I carry in trouser pocket- but worried if I don’t go up in power it won’t be enough for the 80/20vg Vaporfi eliquids I like
The shop I bought from (VPZ) has a good range of Innokin/ Smok/ Aspire/ Geekvape- ie Proton/ Plex or Coolfire ultra/ Plex, Vaporesso Luxe/skrr or switcher/ nrg, as well as a load of separate tanks (Cleitos, and mods.
Or, I could try going back but to a T20s rather than a T20- but lose the convenient coil and filling.
I’m not big on clouds but am enjoying the better flavour I get from the Zenith before my coils die (daily!)

Any suggestions?

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
I moved from T20 to Kroma/ Zenith kit a month ago but have gone though so many coils I don’t think it’s for me. Fairly sure this is because the wicking holes are just too small for the 70-80% vg liquids I like ( particularly with 0.5 but I’ve tried all three coils).

Does anyone have a suggestion for a better suited alternative?
I tried a new Innokin Plexar in shop but it’s fixed at 100w and found it a bit hot although hard to tell from a few draws. I think my preference is probably for a coil around 0.3 - 0.8 ohm, “tight dtl”, easy fill and change coil when full.
I smoked a couple of years ago so tend to mtl but do find myself just dtl at times.
really don’t want too much of a monster as I carry in trouser pocket- but worried if I don’t go up in power it won’t be enough for the 80/20vg Vaporfi eliquids I like
The shop I bought from (VPZ) has a good range of Innokin/ Smok/ Aspire/ Geekvape- ie Proton/ Plex or Coolfire ultra/ Plex, Vaporesso Luxe/skrr or switcher/ nrg, as well as a load of separate tanks (Cleitos, and mods.
Or, I could try going back but to a T20s rather than a T20- but lose the convenient coil and filling.
I’m not big on clouds but am enjoying the better flavour I get from the Zenith before my coils die (daily!)

Any suggestions?

I use VPZ a lot, I find the staff are very helpful in a non-up selling, actually trying to help way.

I use 70-80 vg with the 0.8 coils and get at least a couple of weeks mileage out of the coils, what wattage do you normally go to? The 0.5 ones are notoriously short lived although they do give a nice flavour.

The nautilus 2 is a similar tank, the coils are also sturdy and easily obtainable and there's a new 2s just come out with top fill. If the main thing that's making you feel the need to try out something else is coil life I'd maybe start there. I personally find the flavour is better with the zenith but the n2 is pretty good too. In using an 80vg liquid with the 0.7 nautilus coils on that tank.

I rarely go above 15 Watts on the Zenith or the n2 though. The juices I like are the ones that are known coil killers as well so I put the coils I use through their paces. I have a feeling if you're going through the non-plexus coils on the zenith that quickly you vape with more power than me!

chrisgla

Feb 23, 2019
I’m only using 12 or 13 watts- any higher they fry. I did manage a nice 2 day stint with 0.8’s.

VPZ email support said they were aware of an issue but never expanded. Your experience makes me wonder if it might be the regulation or something on the Kroma-a. The guy in the store said that as it burns, then a clear draw or two, then burns.
But thinking about it, it did the same on his pack.

We really couldn’t figure it out in store- even suspected dropper at one point.

Innokin support just went though the priming routine ,etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread