Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
There was a re-builadable coilhead for the Isub was listed on MVS site good while back looks similar to Zenith coilhead except the head itself unscrewed so one can recoil it or re cotton or both . Inquired if that coilhead no longer available would fit the Zentih and was told it will not.

Personally think they are a tad smaller that a zenith coilhead but do not have one to know for sure.

Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
if any of you uses/has used both the Zenith and the Berserker, which air flow insert for the latter best mimics three holes on the former?

I've been using both of those tanks for quite awhile...if you're talking about the Zenith and the Berserker MTL RTA. They don't have air flow inserts at all though. Maybe you're talking about the Berserker RDA though? I don't have one of them.

mark40511

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lexington KY
I just got one of these Zenith tanks. When I opened the bottom to take the installed atty out to prime it, as I took the atty out, an O RING fell out but I didn't see where it came from. The only place it could possibly go is the area that you slide the atty into. Wasn't really easy to get in, but when I got it in it seated right in fine. Anyway, I really like this so far. I've always been a MTL vaper since I started vaping a LONG time ago. One thing I want to ask, is it normal for the top open/close to be super difficult? I watch videos of people opening/closing doing reviews and it doesn't look like it takes that much effort, but with mine, I wouldn't say it's HORRIBLE, but it's a slight struggle to get it opened and closed back.

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
I just got one of these Zenith tanks. When I opened the bottom to take the installed atty out to prime it, as I took the atty out, an O RING fell out but I didn't see where it came from. The only place it could possibly go is the area that you slide the atty into. Wasn't really easy to get in, but when I got it in it seated right in fine. Anyway, I really like this so far. I've always been a MTL vaper since I started vaping a LONG time ago. One thing I want to ask, is it normal for the top open/close to be super difficult? I watch videos of people opening/closing doing reviews and it doesn't look like it takes that much effort, but with mine, I wouldn't say it's HORRIBLE, but it's a slight struggle to get it opened and closed back.
Glad you're liking the Zenith - it's the only tank I'm using at the moment.

I've never had a problem with the top open/close but on one of mine the airflow ring can be difficult from time to time.

mark40511

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lexington KY
Glad you're liking the Zenith - it's the only tank I'm using at the moment.

I've never had a problem with the top open/close but on one of mine the airflow ring can be difficult from time to time.
I think it must take a breaking in point. When I first tried to open it and close it was so freaking tight to turn you had to grip the tank really hard. After a few refilles, it's not quite as bad. Yes I love it but as I vape the 1.6 ohm coil I'm reading through old posts on this thread about the Plexus coils getting really mixed reviews. I bought a 5 pack of Plexus Z coils for 8.95, but the vape on this 1.6 ohm coils is awesome. I use pretty thin eliquid 50/50 but I also add menthol drops to all my eliquids. I'm hoping when this 1.6 ohm dies, that when I try the Plexus they are at least as good as this 1.6 ohm, but after reading some comments, I'm not holding my breath.

I wouldn't necessarily say I chain vape but if I'm sitting, I'm basically vaping and I noticed this 1.6 ohm at 12.5 watts stays pretty cool or at least doesn't get overly hot. Only 3 mg nicotine tho.

I'm reading through some posts where people were giving their puff count and how long their coils lasted. like 2500 puffs in 2 weeks? I probably do that in 2 or 3 days.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have only been using a zenith for about a month but really liked the 1.6 coils better than the plex .5. I recently got some of the .48 3d coils and like them quite a bit. I think I am actually getting a little bit better flavor with them than the 1.6 but both are good.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    I have only been using a zenith for about a month but really liked the 1.6 coils better than the plex .5. I recently got some of the .48 3d coils and like them quite a bit. I think I am actually getting a little bit better flavor with them than the 1.6 but both are good.
    are the .48 3d coils more airy than the 1.6 or 0.8 as a dl type draw?

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I just got one of these Zenith tanks. When I opened the bottom to take the installed atty out to prime it, as I took the atty out, an O RING fell out but I didn't see where it came from. The only place it could possibly go is the area that you slide the atty into. Wasn't really easy to get in, but when I got it in it seated right in fine.
    That happened with my very first coil on my very first mod (a Kroma-A). I did not reseat the o-ring properly and got horrible burnt hits. Never had a problem like that since--and Zeniths are all I use--though I've had the occasional dud coil.
    One thing I want to ask, is it normal for the top open/close to be super difficult? I watch videos of people opening/closing doing reviews and it doesn't look like it takes that much effort, but with mine, I wouldn't say it's HORRIBLE, but it's a slight struggle to get it opened and closed back.
    Some are stiffer than others, but they all loosen up with use. The non-stainless tanks are the most stubborn, I've found.

mark40511

ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2009
    Lexington KY
    I couldn't remember the year I started vaping - I made an account on this forum a LONG time ago when I started and visited it frequently at first but then stopped. I noticed that I made the account in 2009 so that means I've been vaping 10 years. DAMN!

I remember the day I ordered my pen style 510 and cartomizers and e-liquid from Totally Wicked. Horrible in comparison to what's available today but I remember being able to quit smoking the very day that arrived in the mail. I even kept a pack of cigs in the drawer (just in case) but ended up throwing them away and kept vaping.

This Zenith tank is the BEST tank I have ever used. I've literally had no dry hits, no primer puffs needed, no flooding. With all other tanks I've ever used, there was always ONE issue or the other. It's so weird to just pick up and vape and it's perfect every time. Now I just need to try all the coils and see which I like best. I can already tell this 1.6 ohm is amazing (if it lasts me just ONE week, I'll be happy.) Since I have a 5 pack of Plexus Zenith coils, I will use those up.........who knows, maybe I will like them?

I saw the instruction video about cleaning your tank just running water through it. But then blowing it dry with your mouth? I think I'd rather use a hair dryer to blow it dry.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    cleaning your tank just running water through it. But then blowing it dry with your mouth? I think I'd rather use a hair dryer to blow it dry.

I LOVE my Zeniths...have 3 in my "Rotation"...

In 1+ year of use...haven't EVER even considered "washing them"...

(I'm retired...where would I find the time??? :shock: )

todd0864

ECF Veteran
    Oct 10, 2013
    USA
    Just got my first Zenith yesterday. Got the SS 22mm version. I don’t know why I didn’t buy one a long time ago. The nauty 2S’s and Tigon are going into storage. Flavor, refilling, and coil swapping are just great. Now I know why my local stores don’t stock this tank, it ends the cycle of buying tank after tank looking for the perfect MTL tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread