Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Does anyone else get a lot of flooding in their cois when usING 70 30 liquid in a zenith tank? Usually running 0.8 coil at 155 to 160 watts 2 to 3 air holes. Any ideas or suggestions to stop this?

I always used 70/30 juice in my Zenith and never a flooding problem at all with coil or tank.
    Make sure you you don't Over prime your coil before putting it in:D

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Posted my issues with the Zenith in a different thread and someone suggested I also post it here. I won’t repost the entire thing but I seem to be getting a lot of juice in the vape.

Zenith/Kroma kit

Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.
    I think all suggestions have been made. Not much else to do but inspect the tank well during disassembly and see if there is something missing or the glass is broken up inside. Something that could be breaking the needed vacuum.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Posted my issues with the Zenith in a different thread and someone suggested I also post it here. I won’t repost the entire thing but I seem to be getting a lot of juice in the vape.

Zenith/Kroma kit

Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.

Give the longer drip tip a try as well as suggested by others, mine has always had a long tip on and never a problem.
    Also make sure you don't over prime your coil, I put 3-4 drops on my coil(just enough to cover the cotton well) and let the coil sit for a few minutes then put in and fill the tank:)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Give the longer drip tip a try as well as suggested by others, mine has always had a long tip on and never a problem.
    Also make sure you don't over prime your coil, I put 3-4 drops on my coil(just enough to cover the cotton well) and let the coil sit for a few minutes then put in and fill the tank:)
    Boy, how folks differ! Lol, I use a short fat 810 type tip with the air wide open @8watts. I soak the daylights out of the coil by a full immersion followed by a good blow-through. Different strokes...

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2019
    London
    Are you blowing into the drip tip, like a reverse dry puff? It's normally a good way to get juice into a coil but Zenith coils flood very easily doing it. The juice will then run down the inside of the coil and come out the bottom into the base ring like in your pic. It will also be sucked up into the drip tip or your gob. Drawing too hard could also cause it but I don't see it really in your case with multiple air holes open. I suck on em like a mad man with the smallest hole partially closed, with no flooding.

No, not blowing into the tip at all.

I’ve altered my draw strength about as much as I can until it feels like I’m not drawing at all.

It’s getting better now since I’ve gone through a few tanks of juice. Maybe the coil just needed some breaking in.

I really like the design of the tank and tightness of both coils, so I may also go ahead and by another pack of each.

If that and all the other suggestions in these threads don’t work, the guy at my local shop said to use a Nautilus tank but he was out of stock and told me to check back tomorrow.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Just got my Zenith tank. Went ahead and got the Kroma/Zenith kit and it’s my first non-pod setup.

Like it so far. Only issue so far is there seems to be a lot of juice coming through when I take a hit. When I take a drag but put a thin white piece of cloth over the tip there is a very noticeable amount of brown stain on the cloth. Had the same issue when I got my Smok Nord but I corrected by switching from 50/50 nic salts to a 70v/30p freebase.

Currently Using the same 70vg/30pg 6mg Halo Tribeca.

Using the 1.6ohm coil;
    Started at 14 watts;
    Dropped to 11 watts and it reduced the juice but also the temp of the vape.
    Adjusting the airflow doesn’t really make a difference.

Anyone else having the same issue with the amount of juice coming into their mouth? Is this normal with this type of setup? Did I flood the coil or something? I primed it with 5 drops then let it sit for about 10-15 minutes before taking the first hit.

Will probably limit it use at the house because I don’t want to carry around so much weight in my pocket.

Hi Btseagle. I'm quoting your OP from your other thread because I'm not sure where to respond. Anyway, I did some testing on both my Zenith and Zlide tanks. I used all three coils (.5Ω, 1.6Ω, and .8Ω.) and played with different wattages. I used 60 and 70% PG juices (I can't vape high VG). I couldn't get any leakage, seepage or even condensation in the drip tip. I'm stumped. A little bit of condensation in a drip tip, especially when it's hot outside, is OK, but not juice in the mouth or slurpees.

You say you just got your Zenith tank. Is it still under warranty? You may have gotten a dud. There clearly is a problem with your tank. Both of mine worked flawlessly straight from the box. I suggest you contact the vendor and Innokin and describe your issues--include pictures. I think they need to send you a new tank. They also have a subforum here, where you can ask them directly.

Innokin Technology

Good luck!

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    the guy at my local shop said to use a Nautilus tank but he was out of stock and told me to check back tomorrow.

Before you buy the Nautilus...have him demonstrate how to Bottom-Fill it...

You'll run screaming from the shop...and be QUITE satisfied with your Top-Fill Zenith...no matter how much it gurgles...

(Still think you're first step should be trying another coil from a fresh 5-pack)...

Before you buy the Nautilus...have him demonstrate how to Bottom-Fill it...

You'll run screaming from the shop...and be QUITE satisfied with your Top-Fill Zenith...no matter how much it gurgles...

(Still think you're first step should be trying another coil from a fresh 5-pack)...

I didn’t know the Nautilus was a bottom fill so I’ll pass on that.

I’ll pick up some more coils and go with that for now. If not, I’ll then go the warranty route.

Hmmm...may have found part of my issue. The attached photo shows part of the rubber gasket from the fill lid exposed...white rubber sticking out below the ZE of Zenith. Hadn’t noticed that before. Not sure if it plays a major role but I think I’ll be going that warranty route sooner than later.

Attachments

• 9E33E921-FBDF-43BC-8DE8-613F164CDCE8.jpeg
      9E33E921-FBDF-43BC-8DE8-613F164CDCE8.jpeg
      572.8 KB · Views: 57

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Hmmm...may have found part of my issue. The attached photo shows part of the rubber gasket from the fill lid exposed...white rubber sticking out below the ZE of Zenith. Hadn’t noticed that before. Not sure if it plays a major role but I think I’ll be going that warranty route sooner than later.

That's not normal on a Zenith:confused:
    Get onto that warranty:D

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Yay! Could very well b the prob.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    I didn’t know the Nautilus was a bottom fill so I’ll pass on that.

It's like when I was a kid and we had a Black & White TV...NOBODY knew it was a "Black and White" TV...(until Color TV later appeared on Earth)...

I had multiple Nautiluses...and never thought twice about having to remove it from the Mod before doing ALL the other steps to refill it...

Then I ran across the new-fangled Zenith...Twist => Fill => Vape...Heaven...:headbang:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread