Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, I'd agree on the good, but not mindblowing. Although I have had mine in rotation since I got it, so it's doing something right. IDK, maybe the build is so fantastic, I expect it to be somehow "different" flavor wise. What impresses me most is the build quality though, so perhaps that's why I expect it to be awesome, that and coil life is very impressive. I would definitely give it the nod over say, tanks like the N2, and the capacity and fill top are absolutely lovely in design (I don't quite know why they didn't do a similar topcap in the ares, this one is super sweet.

Anna

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
Reactions: stols001

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
gerry - Have you used direct vapor in the past? Any issues? That is a good price for the coils and tank, compared to FT.

Storm...I've previously ordered twice from them in the past 6-8 months...both with the FREE Shipping option ("Standard USA (6-8 Days) NO tracking")...

NO problems with them...each order arrived in 7-10 days...:thumbs:

brunal

Jan 6, 2010
Hollywood, FL
I received my brand new zenith three days ago. I primed the pre-installed coil, let it sit awhile and started vaping. Perfect! Then I didn't realize the tank was empyt and I got the the burnst taste, awful! I refilled the tank but the awful taste was still there so I changed the coil, same thing. I used another coil the burnt taste persited. I cleaned the tank with water, let it dry and used another coil (0,8 ohm). Took a couple of draws at a lower wattage, 12/13, but my bad experience with this tank seems to be continuing. The taste was definitifvely burnt. People have mentioned that it takes a few refills to break it in. But what I should do, conitnue to vape with this awful taste until it breaks it in? Thanks everyone!

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I received my brand new zenith three days ago. I primed the pre-installed coil, let it sit awhile and started vaping. Perfect! Then I didn't realize the tank was empyt and I got the the burnst taste, awful! I refilled the tank but the awful taste was still there so I changed the coil, same thing. I used another coil the burnt taste persited. I cleaned the tank with water, let it dry and used another coil (0,8 ohm). Took a couple of draws at a lower wattage, 12/13, but my bad experience with this tank seems to be continuing. The taste was definitifvely burnt. People have mentioned that it takes a few refills to break it in. But what I should do, conitnue to vape with this awful taste until it breaks it in? Thanks everyone!
Did you clean the tank?

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
Yes, I cleaned the tank twice under running water, I really dont' understand what it is wrong or what I am doing wrong, is anything to do with the O rings? Should I put one somewhere?
Someone posted an exploded view of the tank. Maybe you can google it.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX

Something is not right. I have several of these tanks and have had no issues. Lately I've been vaping two of them on a pair of Squids. I'm using the 0.8ohm coil at 16 watts with 50-50 juice.

I put the coil in a 510 stand. Then put on drop in each of the holes and four or five drops in the top. Stick 'em in the tanks and fill. Give it 10 or 15 minutes to soak in. When I start vaping it's at the full 16 watts. I don't ramp up the power like I have with some other tanks. The flavor is so-so for about half the tank. After that it's as good as it gets, which is very good.

I refill when the juice level is about half way from the top of the bell to the holes.

No leaking at all and no burnt taste. After a week or so of use, I toss the coils and wash the tanks under running tap water. I have air cleaner where the clean air shoots out of top. I put the damp coils on there for an hour or so. After that they are ready to go.

I probably change coils on all of my tanks more often than I should, but that's a minor price to pay for always have a nice, tasteful vape.

I have a source where I can buy a box of five for seven bucks. PM me if you are interested in the details. And the tanks are $18.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Something is not right. I have several of these tanks and have had no issues. Lately I've been vaping two of them on a pair of Squids. I'm using the 0.8ohm coil at 16 watts with 50-50 juice.

I put the coil in a 510 stand. Then put on drop in each of the holes and four or five drops in the top. Stick 'em in the tanks and fill. Give it 10 or 15 minutes to soak in. When I start vaping it's at the full 16 watts. I don't ramp up the power like I have with some other tanks. The flavor is so-so for about half the tank. After that it's as good as it gets, which is very good.

I refill when the juice level is about half way from the top of the bell to the holes.

No leaking at all and no burnt taste. After a week or so of use, I toss the coils and wash the tanks under running tap water. I have air cleaner where the clean air shoots out of top. I put the damp coils on there for an hour or so. After that they are ready to go.

I probably change coils on all of my tanks more often than I should, but that's a minor price to pay for always have a nice, tasteful vape.

I have a source where I can buy a box of five for seven bucks. PM me if you are interested in the details. And the tanks are $18.
Where did you buy yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread