Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I suspect I'm typical of the market that the Zenith/Zlide/Nauti Mini was aimed at - older, ex long term heavy smoker who has switched to vaping and is looking for an easy to use, fairly bombproof, reliable device that churns out a consistent vape.

I have used mechs, squonkers, built my own coils etc etc but come back to devices with drop in coils as vaping to me is a substitute for smoking and not a hobby or a passtime.

Each to his own and we are all different!

I've followed this thread with great interest.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I suspect I'm typical of the market that the Zenith/Zlide/Nauti Mini was aimed at - older, ex long term heavy smoker who has switched to vaping and is looking for an easy to use, fairly bombproof, reliable device that churns out a consistent vape.

I have used mechs, squonkers, built my own coils etc etc but come back to devices with drop in coils as vaping to me is a substitute for smoking and not a hobby or a passtime.

Each to his own and we are all different!

I've followed this thread with great interest.

When it comes to catering to the smoker, I think Innokin gets it right more than other companies. Plus, most of the Innokin mods I have had are built to last. Never owned an Innokin tank, though. But what I like about this one and the Endura (I think) is having not having to open the tank to replace the coil. That seems like a great design to me. I would try this tank if it weren't for the fact that I have a bajillion rebuildable tanks to last me till I'm dead. lol Can't justify paying for more tanks. Plus drop ins coils are a huge expense. I'm serious about vaping on the cheap.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    The link does NOT mention it...

What is the capacity (ml.) of the Zenith Pro???

More info here on Innokin's site Gerry:
    Zenith Pro – A Better Vape Experience
    upload_2019-12-12_16-19-19.png

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    I usually vape on an RTA, but the Zlide with a 3D coil is just yummy flavor town. Sometimes I get so sick and tired of cleaning, coiling, building and wicking. It's much easier just to pop a new fresh coil in there and vape away. Sooo yeah, I purchased 5 packs of the 3D coils because they have been good to me so far. In fact, they are the best coils I've ever tried from Innokin.

Also the Zenith tank, while excellent, it was really difficult cleaning it. It's awesome that Innokin listened and is now releasing the Zenith Pro.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Is the "Auto Liquid Shut Off" on the Pro the same (similar) as on the original Zenith???

Not sure - I don't do drop ins anymore, but was curious what they did to improve on Ares & Zenith. Phil should be able to show you everything you'd want to know:

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    An update on these 1.2 coils...I've had 3 burn out on me now for anything over 12 watts. The wattage range says 12-14w, but I've used the one that comes with the Pro tank, and 2 from the extra pack I got. So I don't think it's a bad batch thing. Even 12 watts feels like it's pushing it, so it seems like 11w is the highest.

I assumed it was cause I was using 70vg at first, but I just changed to 50/50 and it's the same thing. And I tried on my mod and also on the Biip. I'm pretty bummed. Not sure what's up, but just an fyi if you haven't gotten them yet.

Anyone else encounter this?

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    An update on these 1.2 coils...I've had 3 burn out on me now for anything over 12 watts. The wattage range says 12-14w, but I've used the one that comes with the Pro tank, and 2 from the extra pack I got. So I don't think it's a bad batch thing. Even 12 watts feels like it's pushing it, so it seems like 11w is the highest.

I assumed it was cause I was using 70vg at first, but I just changed to 50/50 and it's the same thing. And I tried on my mod and also on the Biip. I'm pretty bummed. Not sure what's up, but just an fyi if you haven't gotten them yet.

Anyone else encounter this?
    Had a similar issue with 1.2 coils on another tank. Joyetech. Ran awesome for a few months and then I couldn't get them to not burn. Hoped these would be different. I ran that tank fine @ only 8w w/ 50pg. Maybe not enough af on a mtl tank?

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Had a similar issue with 1.2 coils on another tank. Joyetech. Ran awesome for a few months and then I couldn't get them to not burn. Hoped these would be different. I ran that tank fine @ only 8w w/ 50pg. Maybe not enough af on a mtl tank?

Ya that's a good thought, but I did keep at least 1 full airflow hole open, and even once 2 open and didn't seem to make a difference. Hmm, even if more airflow would help, it sort makes this pointless for me though sadly. I'm a tight MTL'er. I'm hoping it's just a bad run and they fix them.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Ya that's a good thought, but I did keep at least 1 full airflow hole open, and even once 2 open and didn't seem to make a difference. Hmm, even if more airflow would help, it sort makes this pointless for me though sadly. I'm a tight MTL'er. I'm hoping it's just a bad run and they fix them.
    Mine’s open all the way. Same thing. I’m lumping them in with the miserable (for me) 0.5 coils. I’m not finding a huge af difference between the original 0.8/1.6 and the 1.2s... just better flavor and longevity. Pro does up the af in general though.

Belushi

ECF Veteran
    Jun 14, 2009
    The Colony, TX
    Looking to confirm my coil issue. Think you all confirmed it, these new 1.2 coils have an issue.

Think it is a wicking issue, maybe the cotton is wrapped too tight or some thing. Thought it was the Zenith Pro at first, but wife experienced same issue on old Zenith. Changed to .48 coil with no issue so far, but it brought out the enhanced flavor of the 1.2 coil, at least until the start giving dry hits.... Oh well, hope they fix them soon.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Looking to confirm my coil issue. Think you all confirmed it, these new 1.2 coils have an issue.

Think it is a wicking issue, maybe the cotton is wrapped too tight or some thing. Thought it was the Zenith Pro at first, but wife experienced same issue on old Zenith. Changed to .48 coil with no issue so far, but it brought out the enhanced flavor of the 1.2 coil, at least until the start giving dry hits.... Oh well, hope they fix them soon.
    I’m glad I only ordered a test box of the 1.2s. I had the same experience as y’all. One in the pro RDL, one each in the og zenith and a 22 zlide mtl. I just couldn’t get the same performance as the older coils. I didn’t get a full on dry hit, it was more like a hit on a wick right before the tank is empty.... dry and a little toasted tasting. I make pretty close to 50/50 juices, so it shouldn’t be the viscosity.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have a couple boxes of the 1.2's that are on the way but after reading the comments I'm not very hopeful. I really liked the 1.2 that came with the 4ml zlide. I didn't get dry hits but it flooded really bad after 2-3 weeks of use and I just couldn't clear it so took it out and put in a 1.6 but miss the flavor and airflow I was getting with the 1.2.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I have a couple boxes of the 1.2's that are on the way but after reading the comments I'm not very hopeful. I really liked the 1.2 that came with the 4ml zlide. I didn't get dry hits but it flooded really bad after 2-3 weeks of use and I just couldn't clear it so took it out and put in a 1.6 but miss the flavor and airflow I was getting with the 1.2.
    My coils (both of the og) flood or gurgle when they get aged. If I’m running several, that’s how I know when to change them :lol:. I didn’t get along with either of the plex coils, and others have, so it may be the how long or how hard I draw. I have a 1.2 in the tank on my vanity table that’s perking along fine, but it only gets an occasional hit while I’m getting gorgeous. Makes me suspicious it’s user issues and not the coil. Either way, it doesn’t suit me for regular use.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    My zlide with the 1.2 was only getting used at home in the evening and lasted a decent amount of time. I think I was running it at 12.5 watts. Nice airflow and great flavor. If my FT order ever gets here then I want to immediately put in another 1.2 to try. I don't remember what the other coil was that came with the zlide. Maybe I should dig for the box and try that one. To me the air is too restricted on the zlide 4ml with the 1.6 coil.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    My zlide with the 1.2 was only getting used at home in the evening and lasted a decent amount of time. I think I was running it at 12.5 watts. Nice airflow and great flavor. If my FT order ever gets here then I want to immediately put in another 1.2 to try. I don't remember what the other coil was that came with the zlide. Maybe I should dig for the box and try that one. To me the air is too restricted on the zlide 4ml with the 1.6 coil.
    I’ll keep that in mind. The zenith full open is about as tight as I like. I have a couple of the zlide 22s for some mini mods. I use them like a pod with a little higher nic, so preferred af isn’t imperative. I find them a bit tighter than the og zenith.

Reactions: stols001

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I’ll keep that in mind. The zenith full open is about as tight as I like. I have a couple of the zlide 22s for some mini mods. I use them like a pod with a little higher nic, so preferred af isn’t imperative. I find them a bit tighter than the og zenith.

I agree about the zlide. The standard one is tighter than the zenith. I'm afraid I'm going to start liking the 1.2 coils with more airflow and regret buying the 1.6's. I'm currently not using my regular zlide and have the 4ml and a zenith in rotation along with a bunch of rta's.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I agree about the zlide. The standard one is tighter than the zenith. I'm afraid I'm going to start liking the 1.2 coils with more airflow and regret buying the 1.6's. I'm currently not using my regular zlide and have the 4ml and a zenith in rotation along with a bunch of rta's.
    If you eventually decide you don’t want the 1.6s, I’ll buy them from you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread