Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
Though this is a Zenith thread I'm going others here have the Kroma-A/Zenith kit and can advise me. How low should you take the battery before recharging? Thanks!
I put mine on the charger as soon as I see the orange light.
I keep rotating it with my Zelos.
The only internal battery mods I have.
I keep the replaceable battery ones in reserve.

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
Though this is a Zenith thread I'm going others here have the Kroma-A/Zenith kit and can advise me. How low should you take the battery before recharging? Thanks!
It depends on whether I'm taking it out of just using at home. At home, I'll use it until button shows yellow. If taking out, I'll fully charge regardless of battery status.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That is something of a personal preference I think. I know for external batteries it's good if you take them out and recharge before you get the battery light indicator and may extend their life slightly (I don't always meet this rigorous standard, BTW, and my batteries perform fine.) I don't know if the same is true for Lipos or not but I guess I'd say when the indicator light comes on, definitely charge it, but you can certainly charge anytime before that, including the before going out thing which kind of makes sense.

Just don't leave it around empty for days and whatnot.

Anna

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I know some battery operated items if you charge too soon it shortens the life of the battery

Earlier rechargeables…Ni-MH...because of the "memory effect"...you wanted to run them down to nearly empty...before recharging...

Rechargeables used in e-cigs...Li-Po...for battery longevity...the "rule" is..."Charge them EARLY and charge them OFTEN"...

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
The Zenith D22s I just got came with the Plexus Z coil installed. It worked fine for a couple of days (I was vaping 6mg Dinner Lady Lemon Tart at 14W), and then last night I got a horrible, harsh, chemically, burnt taste, very like the nasty experience I had with the very first coil in my very first Zenith tank after the same amount of time.

The morning, however, the flavor was fine. For a bit. Then I got the bad taste again, and I continue to get it every few hits. If I take only a couple of puffs and then set the mod down for a few minutes, all is well. But if I push any further, foulness once more. Why would this be?

Reactions: stols001

wackygt

Nov 4, 2018
I do not rate the plexus coil and found that I had that same experience after a couple of hours. My other half got a D22 the other day and has been going through the coils much quicker than I ever did, despite her not using the plexus.

I noticed that the pack of 1.6 ohm coils she ordered are labelled Z coils. Does this mean they are all like the Plexus coils now? If so that sucks!!

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I do not rate the plexus coil and found that I had that same experience after a couple of hours. My other half got a D22 the other day and has been going through the coils much quicker than I ever did, despite her not using the plexus.

I noticed that the pack of 1.6 ohm coils she ordered are labelled Z coils. Does this mean they are all like the Plexus coils now? If so that sucks!!

I wondered about that "Z" in another thread, and the consensus was that it's probably just short for Zenith. Let's hope so, anyway.

I just ordered two new regular-size Zeniths, and unfortunately they're coming with the Plexus Z installed. I'm curious to see if it works better with the larger tank. I have a theory that the smaller volume of juice in the D22 contributes to the problem.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
The Plexus Z seems to have settled down. I had a flicker of the bad taste when I tried to bump the wattage to 15, but other than that all is smooth as silk. I'm hoping this means it's just grumpy to start with--especially since the new regular Zeniths I ordered yesterday are coming with the .5 ohm coil installed, instead of the .8 coil I would have preferred.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I’ve been using my smaller Zenith tanks for awhile now. I like them, mainly because they fit on my Swag box mods, which I could not use previously with the larger Zenith tanks. I like using the Swag, as it has a couple of different power delivery modes to choose from, and I like HIGH one.

My experience with the Plexus coils has been very average and so, so - so far, enough that I don’t really use them anymore. They aren’t terrible. Just not great. My biggest problem with them is they just don’t last me as long as my other Zenith coils, and how long my Zenith coils last me is part of the attraction to the Zenith tank in the first place. Other than their shorter life, the Plexus coils do actually perform pretty well as far as flavor and vapor output, but not enough to compensate for their shorter life.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I’ve been using my smaller Zenith tanks for awhile now. I like them, mainly because they fit on my Swag box mods, which I could not use previously with the larger Zenith tanks. I like using the Swag, as it has a couple of different power delivery modes to choose from, and I like HIGH one.

My experience with the Plexus coils has been very average and so, so - so far, enough that I don’t really use them anymore. They aren’t terrible. Just not great. My biggest problem with them is they just don’t last me as long as my other Zenith coils, and how long my Zenith coils last me is part of the attraction to the Zenith tank in the first place. Other than their shorter life, the Plexus coils do actually perform pretty well as far as flavor and vapor output, but not enough to compensate for their shorter life.

I have been and will be buying replacement coils only of the .8 and 1.6 variety. But I'm stockpiling tanks right now, and it looks as though they're coming with the .5 ohm coil installed from here on in, so I'm stuck with a few of them.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
The original zenith came with .8 & 1.6. The smaller model must include a .5 and probably the plexus. I am really happy with the 1.6.

The D22s I got came with the Plexus installed and a spare 1.6, and the two regular Zeniths I ordered from My Freedom Smokes yesterday are the same. I hope Innokin isn't phasing out the .8. It's a good'un.

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
Im i the only one who notice, that when you put in a subohm coil in the device, all the nice heavy/dark taste notes dissapear.. So its just like good music you have bass and treble..The .8 is lot of treble sounds very nice and clear, but where is the bass??
Its in the 1.6 ohm! Bass and treble..light tones and heavy tones of the taste palate..

I havent try the sub ohm mesh coils.. Do they have the bass notes ??

Raumaster

Jan 7, 2019
I watched tons of rewiews of this zenith tank and they convinsed me to buy it.
What a disappointment!!
Vapor production is good for a mtl tank and construction is good too.
I'm not getting any taste and also burnt taste after few puffs, even on low wattage. Currently using the 0.8 coil (which is reading 0,47 on my device) at 15w
I'm using 70/30 vg/pg is this too thick or what am I doing wrong? I'am beginning to think the coils are just crap.
every youtuber hyped about the taste but im not getting any taste at all. The taste is so little that its hard to even reconize the flavor I'm using :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread