IPV 35w and 50w box mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrb701

Jul 30, 2014
Washington
What are you exactly meaning by sag? Voltage drop?
Its when you fire it and your battery meter on the screen drops drastically. It happens especially when batteries get below full charge, and some batteries will do it more than others. Some will sag all the way to the bottom when they are half charged, and when it sags that badly it effects performance. If I remember right, voltage drop is from the internal resistance of the mod or low conductivity in connections, causing a loss in voltage, that applies more to mechs than to regulated mods I think.

Battery sag has to do with the battery and amps being drawn, I believe. It might result in voltage drop as well, but that shouldnt affect a regulated, so im not sure how it hurts performance,. I'll have to research it some more.

If anyone knows more about this than me, feel free to take over for me or correct anything I may have gotten wrong, I'm certainly not an expert.

Last edited:

abrb701

Jul 30, 2014
Washington
I wish the display gave a real time volt display instead of this battery icon because without additional test equipment it seems pointless?
Ya the best I'll be able to do is get video of the meter dropping and test voltage output at the coil during sag with a multimeter
I was going to buy a bunch of batteries anyways, so I figured I might as well try, even if its not exact.

valooper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
USA
http://shop.lightningvapes.com/products/assembled-volt-indicator-inline-meter-clear

a2e3evyr.jpg

abrb701

Jul 30, 2014
Washington
Efest 3100 mah 20a
So I did some checking and while that should have a 20 amp limit, apparently because it has the protection in the positive it has a low current limit. Doesn't say exactly what the amp limit really is, just that its low current. .7 at 4.2 volts is around 6 amps, you should be safe there, but you might want to do a little more research yourself, just to be safe. Im certainly not a battery expert. This is where I got my info.

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Efest 18650 3100mAh (Black) UK.html

Last edited:

Keirster

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Brandon, Fl
Does that tip work good though for the heat?

Works Great, no heat transfer. I vape at about 40 watts with a 1 ohm dual build, so my cap gets real hot if I am chain vaping at home. I can take bigger hits with it versus a metal or aluminum tip.

Used an aluminum tip when I tried a B&M guys device and burned my lip :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread