The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

IPV 35w and 50w box mods

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by ainako, Jun 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. valooper

valooper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2014
    USA
    Lol yeah I have done that a few times I have a posidon rda with a pyrex tip and it still burnt of course I burnt the positive post in it to :facepalm:

2. Keirster

Keirster Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2013
    Brandon, Fl
    It is definitely not a pleasant feeling. I am going to order a Magma, Vulcan and Plume Veil atty clones this weekend, the Stillare is great, but the juice well is too short for me. I pay a guy at my B&M $10 and he will build coils on 4 attys for that price. I love that place and great juice too, it is where I got my IPV 2 as well. Moon mountain vapor - they actually received a 93 rating on one of their bourbon flavored juices in a vape magazine.

3. abrb701

abrb701 Senior Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Washington
    I just use a delrin insulator, works great

4. Keirster

Keirster Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2013
    Brandon, Fl
    I do have a bunch of Drip Tips...if there is one thing I have too many of it is Drip tips. One never knows how one may feel from one vape day to the next. Long, Short, Aluminum, SS, Delrin, Glass :vapor:

5. valooper

Jul 12, 2014
    USA
    I am scared of glass I always think its gunna break in my mouth

Yummy!

6. herb

herb Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Hey congratulations , i know you were about to burst with anticipation.

7. herb

I thought you built your own coils , i think it's fun and like doing it but some may not .

8. abrb701

abrb701 Senior Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Washington
    I should have some 24 in my mailbox when I get home, I'm excited to try some things out, maybe be able to utilize all the power this device has to offer.

9. valooper

Jul 12, 2014
    USA
    Oh yeah go crazy on a .8 quad coil build and you will put her next to your pillow at night

.......wake up at 2am take a quick puff.......and say where have you been all my life!!

10. herb

Twenty four gauge ," wow " you don't play lol.

11. abrb701

abrb701 Senior Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Washington
    Haha a lot of people that sub ohm go even lower, 22 or i think even20, it will be interesting to see how thick it is, I've never seen 24 in a coil besides pictures.

12. snipeslayer

snipeslayer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    I hope this isn't redundant but would the VTC4 be applicable on this test as well? I believe the main difference is the mah rating between the 4//5 but I have seen alot of individuals running the vtc4, so it is quite popular for this device.

13. abrb701

abrb701 Senior Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Washington
    Ya people are talking about that on the other thread, i meant for people to post on this thread when i brought it up, but i seemed to have started simultaneous battery discussions. I'll grab one of those as well. Im having a hard time finding a site that has all the batteries i need, any suggestions?

14. snipeslayer

snipeslayer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    Here ya go!
    25R Samsung INR18650-25R 2500mAh - Kidney Puncher
    LG LG 18650HE2 2500mAh - Kidney Puncher
    VTC4 Sony US18650VTC4 2100mAh - Kidney Puncher
    VTC5 Sony US18650VTC5 2600 mAh - Kidney Puncher

Whammy!

15. abrb701

abrb701 Senior Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Washington
  16. valooper

Jul 12, 2014
    USA
    Yeah but it was a 26650 sorrt :facepalm:

17. abrb701

abrb701 Senior Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Washington
    Ah I see, I'll put the order in then.

18. abrb701

abrb701 Senior Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Washington
    Orders in, they were out of volt meters though
    Edit: its all good, I found one for 12 bucks shipped on eBay. Should be here a day or two after the batteries
    So 24 gauge is pretty awesome, this coil came in at .9 and hits best at 35 watts(hits bigger at 45 but I feel like the flavor is better at 35). Not the prettiest coil and I need to rewick it but I was eager to try some juices I got today. 24 definitely let's you use all the power this device can put out, kinda impractical for dual coils unless you want to sub ohm though. I'm done thread hogging now, back to the IPV2 discussion.
    [​IMG]

19. valooper

Jul 12, 2014
    USA
    That's sweet man 24ga is what I started with hits pretty nice

20. valooper

Jul 12, 2014
    USA
    [​IMG]

Been hitting this 32ga glat basterd coil at 37.2 watts wirh honey dew melon works nice lol inside the brass monkee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.