• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Is The Antichist Here Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
dude.....I have.....that's why I keep asking people where they get their ideas from....it isn't from the Bible....it's just plain silliness.....there's nothing in the Bible about people having children after Christ's coming who have to be given time to make their choices about God........

Sorry brother, I must have missed your view in context. You are saying exactly what I am. That "teaching" (though common but in error) is one of the prime examples of the type of thing that (even from good intention) gets made up to make a preconceived idea fit.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
That's pretty compelling, and the reason why I'm not totally bought on the rapture teaching. I"m on the fence. I"m really hoping it's true, but I'm not counting on it either.

I'm afraid that if it doesn't come down that way, the faith of so many will be destroyed because of it. Therefore, I hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I think that's the safest way to do it.

Sister what you said is sooo huge. We hope (I hope) that I'm wrong and the church goes early, but I am preparing as best I can for the real possibility that it won't be that way. How do we think that many will react when they fail to prepare because they think they will be out of here before it gets tough, and find themselves in the thick of it?

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
is not[/U] linear, timelines are repeated and some details overlap, past present and future are examined multiple times each. Your quote on chaprter 6 and the seals as your proof text... Look at the 6th seal in verse 12 and what it says, and where you place that in your timeline. Then turn to Matthew 24 and read the whole chapter in context, but pay attention to verses 29-31 in particular. The same event described by the same person of Jesus labeled as the 6th seal in Revelation, precedes the gathering of the elect. Compare 2 Thes chapter 2 for gathering of the elect also.

God kept Noah during the wrath of the flood. A type for those who are hidden in Christ (the Ark) that He is able to execute wrath and still protect His own at the same time. Wrath is for those outside, protection doesn't mean removal.

We're on the same team, but we have differnt understandings. So what now? Praise God that we belong to Him and spread the good news. We both agree that He is coming back for us, no? That is what we need to spread. There is plenty of time for God to prove us all wrong when we sit and hear it from Him at the table. I'm sure we will all be amazed.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
is not[/U] linear, timelines are repeated and some details overlap, past present and future are examined multiple times each. Your quote on chaprter 6 and the seals as your proof text... Look at the 6th seal in verse 12 and what it says, and where you place that in your timeline. Then turn to Matthew 24 and read the whole chapter in context, but pay attention to verses 29-31 in particular. The same event described by the same person of Jesus labeled as the 6th seal in Revelation, precedes the gathering of the elect. Compare 2 Thes chapter 2 for gathering of the elect also.

God kept Noah during the wrath of the flood. A type for those who are hidden in Christ (the Ark) that He is able to execute wrath and still protect His own at the same time. Wrath is for those outside, protection doesn't mean removal.

We're on the same team, but we have differnt understandings. So what now? Praise God that we belong to Him and spread the good news. We both agree that He is coming back for us, no? That is what we need to spread. There is plenty of time for God to prove us all wrong when we sit and hear it from Him at the table. I'm sure we will all be amazed.

Praise God! Amen!

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Chimney, SC and Blondeambition...

AWESOME posts! Chimney you laid that perfectly and in perfect order as well. Maybe you would consider leading our Bible Study thread that seems to have lost Southern Gent as our lead person who wrote out the chapters and explained them. I thought this was good because we were all reading the same words posted VS. everyone reading a, perhaps, different version depending on which Bible they individually use.

I don't know if any of you happened to look at how many read the Bible Study thread but the number was huge, just not many posted comments. I would like to see if we can find someone to pick it up again. Chimney, I am asking you if you might consider doing it and on your terms, even if it is one chapter a week, I believe it is better than just letting it fade away.

Just my humble opinion of course...
Be well,
Kelly
In God We Trust

I agree! I'd be thrilled for somebody to step up to the plate and keep the bible study going! I've been depressed for days over it, and but I'm not going to let satan win this one. If I have to do it alone, I will, but I lack motivation to keep going.

To learn in a group, is so much better, we can share thoughts and ideas and grow together. Please consider it, many would be very grateful.

You dont have to write a book Chimney, just a short commentary about what we read is all, you dont even have to do that if you don't want to. I just want one very strong and determined person to keep it going so that we all benefit by it.

Think it over.............:)

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Sister what you said is sooo huge. We hope (I hope) that I'm wrong and the church goes early, but I am preparing as best I can for the real possibility that it won't be that way. How do we think that many will react when they fail to prepare because they think they will be out of here before it gets tough, and find themselves in the thick of it?

Yea, I worry about it too. I really believe that God led me up into the mountains, just recently. Why did He do that? Many christians are moving up to the mountains......why???? I've been motivated to buy survival gear. WHY? I'm never motivated to do anything!!!!!!! LOL! I"m the most unmotivated person on the planet! I've been begging my family to move up here and leave florida. WHY??? Why do I feel such urgency about this, when I"ve never felt urgency about anything before in my entire life? It's almost to the point where it's an obsession.

Why have I met 5 other chrisitans recently that have all had dreams or visions of a giant tsunami wiping out the east coast of the usa including all of florida? What's that all about?

After I moved here, I found out that this mountain that I live on is named Godfrey mountain. I looked it up and it's german for Peace from God and that's what I felt the day I arrived.

The way the circumstances just fell into place, is how I know that God moved me here. I can't explain it any other way and I can't even tell you why.

There is one thing I"ve learned in my life, and that is, never rely on your own understanding and think that there is no possible other way. Sometimes, the more you know, the more you feel assured that what you think is right, is the truth.

That's not always the way that it is, and the human ego comes into play. My family are all physicists, very smart, highly educated and successful. They believe that they know everything there is to know, and they are right no matter what. They believe this to the point where they are not even interested in entertaining new school thoughts, theories, and even evidence that they might be wrong about somethings in the past. They have convinced themselves that nothing is up for discussion, investigation, and they have all of the understanding that they need, and it's all 100% accurate. This is their downfall and they can't even see it. They are too sure of themselves and their own abilities. EGO!

I've known alot of christians in my lifetime, and I've seen alot of this kind of attitude in the christian community. People so sure of themselves, and what they think they know, so much so that it might be their own downfall in the end.

Jesus spoke of children many times.

"And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea." (Matthew 18:2-6 ESV)

“Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” (Mark 10:13-16 ESV)

“Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”
(Luke 18:15-17 ESV)

We are to have the spiritual minds of a child, be humble, and draw close to our Father in heaven. We are to let Him teach us, and not rely on our own understanding so much so that we become rigid and proud to the point where we might not really be listening to Him and what He is trying to tell us.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6"

Everything through humble prayer to God for guidance, and He will see you through no matter what the circumstances are, or how it comes down in the end. :):)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Lisa, I'm right there with you on prepping. If I could move to the mts., I would be one very happy....I mean VERY happy person. We can't. We are probably the worse thought of state in the union. I can live with that. Now husband would love living on the coast, but I'm a mt. gal......minus all the bugs.....thank you very much. I REALLY hope there are no spiders in Heaven. If there are, I pray the Lord does something with this, "Oh my word, we're all gonna die!" fear I have of them. Not real crazy about snakes.....huge grasshoppers.....praying mantis....I listened and they are NOT praying!

What comes to my mind is the story about the ant and the grasshopper. The ants had plenty for the winter and the grasshopper was out in the cold. Yeah, my family thought I was nuts as well. God gave you a brain and you're supposed to use it. It's like the story of:

Man was out in the middle of a lake, bay, or ocean, and he was drowning. He prayed for God to save him. All of a sudden there was a boat and they stopped to help the man, but he told them he was fine, that God was going to save him. So they left. This happened 2 more times and the man did drown. When he got to Heaven, he went up to Jesus and wanted to know how come He didn't save him. Jesus said, "How many boats do you need????" That's the same way I feel about preparing for a rainy day.:)

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Lisa, I'm right there with you on prepping. If I could move to the mts., I would be one very happy....I mean VERY happy person. We can't. We are probably the worse thought of state in the union. I can live with that. Now husband would love living on the coast, but I'm a mt. gal......minus all the bugs.....thank you very much. I REALLY hope there are no spiders in Heaven. If there are, I pray the Lord does something with this, "Oh my word, we're all gonna die!" fear I have of them. Not real crazy about snakes.....huge grasshoppers.....praying mantis....I listened and they are NOT praying!

What comes to my mind is the story about the ant and the grasshopper. The ants had plenty for the winter and the grasshopper was out in the cold. Yeah, my family thought I was nuts as well. God gave you a brain and you're supposed to use it. It's like the story of:

Man was out in the middle of a lake, bay, or ocean, and he was drowning. He prayed for God to save him. All of a sudden there was a boat and they stopped to help the man, but he told them he was fine, that God was going to save him. So they left. This happened 2 more times and the man did drown. When he got to Heaven, he went up to Jesus and wanted to know how come He didn't save him. Jesus said, "How many boats do you need????" That's the same way I feel about preparing for a rainy day.:)

LOL....that's a great story about the boats! Sometimes He must get so tired of us just not getting it the first, second and sometimes third time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!! :):)

KellyinAZ

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Mesa, AZ
SC, Lisa and everyone else,
Great posts! I loved the story about the boats. Every time I hear it I still enjoy it. I would love to move back to FL and live on the water again, I am a water kind of girl...guess it was all my years of competitive swimming, but the mountains were wonderful too, I live in CO for 13 yrs. I loved to ski, rock climb, snow shoe, cross country ski, you name it I did it and loved every minute too. There is something about being out either on the water or in the mountains where there is complete silence and it never fails to bring me closer to God and take joy in His Creations.
Thanks for starting this group on ECF. I am so grateful they let us do this, and pleased to see just how many people read these threads even though they don't always post, especially the Bible Study thread. I wish Southern Gent would return but perhaps it may have just been time for him to move on and do other things, just like we all will. I think we have a great group here and am so pleased to know all of you and read each of your posts!

Kelly
In God We Trust

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
SC, Lisa and everyone else,
Great posts! I loved the story about the boats. Every time I hear it I still enjoy it. I would love to move back to FL and live on the water again, I am a water kind of girl...guess it was all my years of competitive swimming, but the mountains were wonderful too, I live in CO for 13 yrs. I loved to ski, rock climb, snow shoe, cross country ski, you name it I did it and loved every minute too. There is something about being out either on the water or in the mountains where there is complete silence and it never fails to bring me closer to God and take joy in His Creations.
Thanks for starting this group on ECF. I am so grateful they let us do this, and pleased to see just how many people read these threads even though they don't always post, especially the Bible Study thread. I wish Southern Gent would return but perhaps it may have just been time for him to move on and do other things, just like we all will. I think we have a great group here and am so pleased to know all of you and read each of your posts!

Kelly
In God We Trust

Amen Kelly! It really is a blessing, and I"m extremely grateful for it too! :):)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I was hungry.....

I was thirsty......

I was naked.....

I was in prison......

and you didn't do squat

not what you want to hear folks

We 'shared' the message of Salvation to every creature that moved through every available resource to us, we loved the un-loveable and prayed for the lost & dying. We were light & salt to a World that was in darkness and was season less. We are no longer under 'condemnation' ([There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. - Romans 8:1)

We do a lot of 'squat -ting' in addition to praying... (lol)

KellyinAZ

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Mesa, AZ
BlondeAmbition,

I lived on the Gulf side of FL. I have been to both sides, my parents had a condo in West Palm Beach and it is nuts on the Atlantic side. Much slower pace on the Gulf side. People are much nicer and not is such a hurry. Not so egotistical and all that kind of thing.
Just my opinion and observation.
Kelly
In God We Trust

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
BlondeAmbition,

I lived on the Gulf side of FL. I have been to both sides, my parents had a condo in West Palm Beach and it is nuts on the Atlantic side. Much slower pace on the Gulf side. People are much nicer and not is such a hurry. Not so egotistical and all that kind of thing.
Just my opinion and observation.
Kelly
In God We Trust

OOH! That's a very 'good' and astute observation in my opinion Kelly! You nailed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread