The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Is Today the Day?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by zoiDman, Sep 11, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Breezy Dawn

Breezy Dawn Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2015
    Virginia
    I knew you guys were on this. I'm so irritated and feel like I better get everything right now instead of slowly piling up. If this happens no doubt it will get only worse as people look more to the black market

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    "Fruit and sweet (desert?) flavors". So unless you like tobacco e-liquid flavors, you're out of luck.

People will panic and start ordering personal stashes of liquid nicotine for DIY. I wouldn't be surprised if the DIY vendors run out of nicotine within a weeks time.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  4. AttyPops

AttyPops Yeah, I type stuff. ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    We'll see if they ban unflavored products and/or internet sales entirely. That would be right up BT/BP's alley too.

I doubt they'd mandate "only tobacco flavor, no unflavored stuff" but who knows?

This all just sucks.
    I wouldn't want to be these guys on judgement day. (Sorry for the personal philosophy insert, but you get the point)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  5. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Most suppliers depend on the profit from flavoring, right? Should be interesting. When is this going to happen?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    That is the Sweetest Irony of it All.

So Many stand on Soap Boxes and demand a Ban on Flavors because BT is trying to Hook a Generation of New Nicotine Addicts.

But if you Remove Flavored e-Liquids from the Market, what Companies are going to be Left?

BT

LOL

• Agree Agree x 14
  7. ENAUD

ENAUD falling, falling, down the rabbit hole... Verified Member ECF Veteran

In the interview Trump stated they would be meeting in the next 2 to 3 weeks...this got ugly fast.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Toronnah

Toronnah Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2012
    Canada
    For all of you a-holes that argued in favour of child friendly names and labels... looks like you were in fact wrong.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Mazinny

Mazinny Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2013
    NY
    Secretary Azar said that it would take "several weeks" to put out the final guidance, and there would then be a 30 day "delayed effective date".

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. RoseB

RoseB Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2012
    Washington
    If I can still get liquid nicotine and vegetable glycerin, then I'll be ok. E liquid flavorings are technically food flavorings....so I can't really see those getting banned.....

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Okvapor

Okvapor Full Member

Jul 19, 2015
    Will bans include hardware? Will we be able to still get mods and tanks or coils? I can vape unflavored or tobacco flavors I guess but ya can we still get gear??

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. V8porism

V8porism Reviewer / Blogger ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    • Agree Agree x 4
  13. Blitzdonlife

Blitzdonlife Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    How long until posession is criminalized, that is my main worry. I'm trying not to panic about the shtf right now. Moral panic is the right term, people are on a witch-hunt with vaping. How long until we see anti-vaping violence? I need a beer.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Vchick

Vchick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Well I see this happening right after the wall is finished :facepalm:
    I diy so I don't see tractor supply going anywhere (pg). I usually purchase a small amount of vg with my nic so there's that. I remember back in the early days of vaping there was a supplier who offered flavor shots, then you mixed your own.

• Like Like x 5
  15. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    It wouldn't surprise me if you Could. And you can Always just buy Food Flavorings from Non-Vape related sites.

But by the Same token, it Wouldn't surprise me if they put some Language into a Ban about trying to Prohibiting Selling Flavorings along side of Non-Flavored e-Liquids.

It's all Speculation at this.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 440BB

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    [​IMG]

I'm sure they will consider the amount of additional smoking related fatalities in the future. Nothing to worry about here. Nothing at all.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I guarantee there will be a panicked run on liquid tobacco in the coming weeks. It wouldn't surprise me if nicotine suppliers run out of stock within a weeks time. I've seen it happen before. Hope you're already well stocked.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. 440BB

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Sitting on a 13 year supply of nic for myself and my wife and feeling nervous. Damn.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Joe Gordon

Joe Gordon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Is it weird the only ones going to benefit from this is the cigarette company’s? I I read today the ban on flavored e liquid will be for only the non FDA approved one last which knocks out 98% of flavors and leaves the cigarette companies the one of few who can afford to get approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Haktuspit

Haktuspit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    So much for vote Republican if you don't want over reaching regulations. And this will probably be an executive order no less.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.