Is Today the Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
I knew you guys were on this. I'm so irritated and feel like I better get everything right now instead of slowly piling up. If this happens no doubt it will get only worse as people look more to the black market [emoji2959]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Do I need to order and stock up nicotine base right now? I was planning on doing just so within the next month or so. Or is this just flavored store bought juice in imminent danger?
"Fruit and sweet (desert?) flavors". So unless you like tobacco e-liquid flavors, you're out of luck.

How will this affect people that diy?
People will panic and start ordering personal stashes of liquid nicotine for DIY. I wouldn't be surprised if the DIY vendors run out of nicotine within a weeks time.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
We'll see if they ban unflavored products and/or internet sales entirely. That would be right up BT/BP's alley too.

I doubt they'd mandate "only tobacco flavor, no unflavored stuff" but who knows?

This all just sucks.
I wouldn't want to be these guys on judgement day. (Sorry for the personal philosophy insert, but you get the point)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Most suppliers depend on the profit from flavoring, right? Should be interesting. When is this going to happen?

That is the Sweetest Irony of it All.

So Many stand on Soap Boxes and demand a Ban on Flavors because BT is trying to Hook a Generation of New Nicotine Addicts.

But if you Remove Flavored e-Liquids from the Market, what Companies are going to be Left?

BT

LOL

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Most suppliers depend on the profit from flavoring, right? Should be interesting. When is this going to happen?
In the interview Trump stated they would be meeting in the next 2 to 3 weeks...this got ugly fast.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Secretary Azar said that it would take "several weeks" to put out the final guidance, and there would then be a 30 day "delayed effective date".

V8porism

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Well I see this happening right after the wall is finished :facepalm:
I diy so I don't see tractor supply going anywhere (pg). I usually purchase a small amount of vg with my nic so there's that. I remember back in the early days of vaping there was a supplier who offered flavor shots, then you mixed your own.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Think we'll be able to buy packaged flavoring separately and mix with unflavored nic after the ban? Doesn't seem like they can ban both if separated.

It wouldn't surprise me if you Could. And you can Always just buy Food Flavorings from Non-Vape related sites.

But by the Same token, it Wouldn't surprise me if they put some Language into a Ban about trying to Prohibiting Selling Flavorings along side of Non-Flavored e-Liquids.

It's all Speculation at this.

Reactions: bnrkwest

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
maxresdefault.jpg

I'm sure they will consider the amount of additional smoking related fatalities in the future. Nothing to worry about here. Nothing at all.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If I can still get liquid nicotine and vegetable glycerin, then I'll be ok. E liquid flavorings are technically food flavorings....so I can't really see those getting banned.....
I guarantee there will be a panicked run on liquid tobacco in the coming weeks. It wouldn't surprise me if nicotine suppliers run out of stock within a weeks time. I've seen it happen before. Hope you're already well stocked.

Joe Gordon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2014
Skokie, Illinois, United States
Is it weird the only ones going to benefit from this is the cigarette company’s? I I read today the ban on flavored e liquid will be for only the non FDA approved one last which knocks out 98% of flavors and leaves the cigarette companies the one of few who can afford to get approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread