itaste VTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle&Ann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2013
Van Buren, Arkansas
We received ours three days ago. We own 2 Vamos and a Provari. With that said...we absolutely love the VTR! We have experienced zero issues as mentioned above. We have used both versions of protanks, a Davide Anyvape, a Putitank and the new Iclear30. All tanks work and perform very well. I personally like the hefty weight of the VTR. It feels solid and sturdy.

I keep reading comments about the VTR being a fingerprint magnet. Both Ann and I are very picky and OCD. I don't know why, but we have not noticed any problems with prints.

Call us lucky or call use homers...we are very very pleased with this product. We would recommend the VTR to our friends and family.

I cannot wait until Santa visits...Ann told me that his elves are building me a metallic red/wrinkled black Reo which will be wearing a RM2 for a hat!

Kyle&Ann:wub:

ardvaark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
I had just bought a new MVP2 from an Asian gentleman in a Frys parking lot off CL for $45 when I saw the VTR selling on Ebay for $89, shipped. I was very sad because I really like the more square look of the VTR and how they moved the tank to be next to the battery instead of on top. He had the 134 I think its called, the guy from CL, the one that looks like a little nuclear reactor and I got to hold it. WOW, it weighed A LOT! More than most netbook computers. Definitely a desktop mod, I wouldn't be able to carry something like that out and about. Definitely a mod that would silence a room and get dozens of ooogles and whispers.

Enjoy!

Peter

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
They're heavy (the VTRs). I mean, heavy. The machining is solid. It's a sturdy device. If you drop it, expect only peripheral damage. That being said, the improvements on the MVP 2 are solid, and it's an excellent mod, but if what you really want is function wrapped up in flash and you have the funds, yes, go for the VTR.

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
We received ours three days ago. We own 2 Vamos and a Provari. With that said...we absolutely love the VTR! We have experienced zero issues as mentioned above. We have used both versions of protanks, a Davide Anyvape, a Putitank and the new Iclear30. All tanks work and perform very well. I personally like the hefty weight of the VTR. It feels solid and sturdy.

I keep reading comments about the VTR being a fingerprint magnet. Both Ann and I are very picky and OCD. I don't know why, but we have not noticed any problems with prints.

Call us lucky or call use homers...we are very very pleased with this product. We would recommend the VTR to our friends and family.

I cannot wait until Santa visits...Ann told me that his elves are building me a metallic red/wrinkled black Reo which will be wearing a RM2 for a hat!

Kyle&Ann:wub:

I absolutely love mine too. Here's a pic with my new custom JWrap on it. They have wraps for the VTR, but I wanted something custom so I sent them a pic and had this one made. Glad y'all are loving yours too. VAPE ON:vapor:
image.jpg

Tontomoses

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2013
Michigan
I absolutely love mine too. Here's a pic with my new custom JWrap on it. They have wraps for the VTR, but I wanted something custom so I sent them a pic and had this one made. Glad y'all are loving yours too. VAPE ON:vapor:
View attachment 263794

Is the dial wrapped too? It looks black?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I just got my VTR today. Within 2 minutes I decided that my Vamo 3 and Innokin MVP were relegated to emergency back-up status.

As previously mentioned, the VTR is incredibly heavy. I don't have a kitchen scale available to check the weight, but it makes the MVP feel like a feather, and the MVP is no lightweight.

No matter, though, to me. Moving the power button to one of the narrow sides makes all the difference in the world for convenience of use compared to where the button is located on the MVP, which is near the top of one of the broad sides. The power button on the VTR is also larger, raised more, and requires less pressure to operate.

When I try to use one of my T3S clearos, connected with a short 510/Ego extender to the swiveling 510 connection, the resistance reading comes out way too high and unless I dial the power WAY down, like to 4.0 watts, I get burnt flavor. For some reason, if I use the "filler" tube and mount the T3S on top of the VTR rather than (mostly) within it, the issue is resolved and the resistance and vape are correct. I have no idea why this is so.

Mine came with one of the new iClear 30S delivery devices. It's a carto tank, right? My apologies for my ignorance but I've stayed away from cartos and this is the first one I've used. Nice vape and of course a perfect fit but it doesn't beat my T3S clearos.

I have very large hands and very long fingers. This thing is the best fit for my hand and trigger finger of any of the many PVs I've used, and seems to be solid as a rock. I did mention that it's heavy as all get out, right?

Michael Curry

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Panama City, FL
Just one thing to mention here - If you don't have any UNPROTECTED 18650's, order some when you buy it. My wife got one today, it's still in the box, because none of my ProVari batteries work in it. You can't close the battery door.

Sure would have been nice to know about the battery requirement in a more timely manner, like, maybe a month ago when we pre-ordered it. Kinda of a retailer fail, but the end result is the same.

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
I'm pretty sure that the battery requirements were on Innokin's info page. I checked to make sure my Panasonic CGR18650CH batteries were going to work in this mod (should have mine by Friday). Also, doesn't Provape recommend unprotected high drain batteries for the Provari? I thought protected batteries didn't play nice with the protection circuits already in the electronic mods.

Just one thing to mention here - If you don't have any UNPROTECTED 18650's, order some when you buy it. My wife got one today, it's still in the box, because none of my ProVari batteries work in it. You can't close the battery door.

Sure would have been nice to know about the battery requirement in a more timely manner, like, maybe a month ago when we pre-ordered it. Kinda of a retailer fail, but the end result is the same.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
Ok so happy dance mine came in and I LOVE the VTR...this thing is awesome and will create a cloud in my room with very little effort....I wish I could say the same about the Iclear30S...that I do not like so much....my juices are just so muted they are mere ghosts of themselves. I do love my protank on the VTR however

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
They have the Innokin brand replacements at FT in case you are interested. I got em in my cart. $6.46 for 5.
Those are the head replacements for the iClear30. The clearo that came with my VTR is the iClear30S, a different animal that uses a different head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread