Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaaxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
juicyliquid.com
tobacco absolute is sometimes a greenish tint. I said sometimes. I wonder if there is some sort of oxidation going on. I wonder why Chinese liquid has't been doing this. I wonder if JC is using tobacco absolute to flavor their juice. I wonder if the Chinese are really using tobacco absolute to flavor theirs.

Anyone have any absolute they wanna experiment with?

bluewolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2008
Michigan
that is weird. surprised no-one else is saying it happened to them too.
Actually after reading this I took a look at my sample packs and found 5 of them turning green 8-o 3 in clear bottles (non pg) and 2 in brown bottles. (pg)
I haven't used any in several weeks because I got some cola, coffee, and riskee I've been using. Think I'll send them an email also.
I keep mine on my desk mostly under fluorescent lighting.
Unfortunately I discarded the return pouches they sent with my order or I would just return both orders :( Never thought I would have to send them back.

Last edited:

bluewolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2008
Michigan
OK I took some pics. There was actually green/black sludge in the non pg Tennessee cure bottle (brown bottle) I put it in a different bottle so you can see it. GROSS! ! !

3164707334_de9a44fd56.jpg

Full size image here
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3085/3164707334_de9a44fd56_b.jpg

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Hang on to that return envelope and store the juice in a cool dark place (fridge maybe?)

Dang it...I threw the envelope away because everything looked fine! I haven't opened the packaging they were in though because I had some other stuff I was trying first. Planned on trying them later this week. Then I'll just wait and see what JC says to Cal. Thanks blue.

Lu

Jaaxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
juicyliquid.com
dc2k08, nothing is proven yet. I've personally never had a problem with JC in over 3 months. I'm speculating about the Tobacco Absolute based on research I'm doing into the flavorings we are vaping. I have yet to actually see PG with TA turn green myself, but have seen TA described as ranging from deep brown to dark green in color. Could just be a harmless chemical reaction with CO or oxygen in the air, maybe something else unrelated.

Keep in mind that most times it's the healthy organic things that visibly "spoil" easily and the chemically processed ones that retain their appearance. Have you ever seen a McD burger 3 months old looking like a shrunken, dried but otherwise perfect looking burger? Try that with "real" ground beef and fresh bread and see what happens.

Not trying to defend anything or anyone. Just trying to point out that it might be a perfectly natural (but unpleasant) effect.

Translation:
OMG They're putting stuff in their juice that makes it turn green!!!!!!!!!! VS. OMG They're putting stuff in their juice that keeps it from turning green!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

TxTrouble

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Near Dallas, Texas
WOW! After reading this it got me to thinking. I opened my drawer where I keep all my liquids including the JC's Sample pack. The Wild Cherry has gone green. The others appear to be fine. As you can see I have only used a few drops of the Cherry. I got it the last week of November.

I am not saying this is because of JC's fault but I have had 2 atomizers go bad within a week. They were brand new atomizers that I literally just recieved in the mail. I have taken other (brand new) atomizers and labled one JC ONLY and NO JC along with new carts. I decided to start this test this morning when the 2nd atomizer failed.

Here is a pic of the JC liquid.

D

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
jaaxx, your points are perfectly valid and welcomed. it could well be a missing preservative that is causing the hulk syndrome. good to hear you are running tests on some of the ingredients, hope you post any results and describe the nature of them. (by the way, has anyone vaped any by accident and had to buy new shorts?)

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
I've got a sampler pack I've had for a while. Will have a look. Has anyone smoked any of the green ones?

EDIT no mine are all between virtually colourless and brown, apart from vanilla which is red. This is the 24mg PG pack which I've stored in the dark, at room temperature.

If one of them had been green I'd have tried it.. What harm can it do!!

Last edited:

CalPilot89

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Cleveland Ohio
The Hulk Syndrome!! I LOVE IT! I have not smoked any hulk yet.. I was fortunate to get the new sampler pack today so I was not even thinking of trying one. I did have some Vanilla Ice Cream flavor left that I was using. It was still the correct color. It was only when I went to find the rest to see how much I had left that I noticed the grizzly transformation that had occurred..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread