Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA, American women always think Brits are such gentlemen :p

All kidding aside, Scott is pretty cool :)

uh..I'm Irish......... and we are lacking in our confidence of the British. Not that we do not enjoy their company and their country......but the inimical feeling always lingers.

sacredgaming

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
atlanta
www.sacredgaming.com
remove the screw to help feeding. that way when you turn it upside down you'll see small bubbles in the tank you can also put your finger over the hole and suck a little that will make it feed. Once the coil is oxidized it should not be kinked in any way or else feeding will be hindered.

chef josh

Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
63f9a39e-066a-0fa9.jpg
I have mine but I'm having issues with it. For some reason I keep getting hot spots. When I made the first wick/coil I didn't hold the button down long enough to see them, or taste the harshness of it. It's not a wicking issue as I've tried making four wicks now. I think, anyways... but I've put it down for now and will revisit it tomorrow or the next day.

I am also having issues, I think the center hole for the wick is too small for 400 mesh, and 325 just barely allows enough flow to take a long or multiple pulls. I have a modified orion v1 and have been making beautiful clouds with twisted dual coils for months. I will experiment with loosely rolled wicks and see if that helps next.

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
To anyone having wicking issues. If you are using thicker juices and are not wicking fast enough. Make sure the tank is mostly full and vape with the fill screw removed. This should help you wick faster and get you blowing big thick clouds of vapor. Also make sure that you are not using too few coils. Thicker juice can burn quickly because the slower flow so you want to have 4 or 5 coils instead of 3.

Also, oxidize the wicks from top to bottom, this definitely increases flow.

When you are breaking it in, you can burn it for a while with the top tipped down and the cap off. If you get the coil good and hot you will son see that the liquid will just start to pour right down the wick and out the top of the wick. Once you see that, the wick should start flowing very nicely and be sure that when you go to tape that the top cap is on securely and sealing at the bottom of the top cap. If not then the airflow over the coil will not be as strong and you will get weak/burnt hits.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if this does not take care of the wicking issue. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread