Status
Not open for further replies.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Is that KF4 a KF lite?! If not,... what you doing here telling us about it?! j/k We really just need a single thread for KF, IMHO

Lol, no problem man, not trying to show off, sorry if it appeared that way :facepalm:. I am just saying that if anyone is hesitant to go from KFL to KF4, do it. For me at least it is worth it. Now that's on topic :D

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
Looks like I'm not going to get my rDNA40 Vapor Shark before the Holydays: :(

"As you may know, a small percentage of the Evolv boards that drive our device have had a quality control issue in regards to the screen readout becoming grainy or scrambled. While this issue has been addressed and resolved with Evolv, we are having our Quality Control Team hand-check each device prior to sending it out to you in efforts to thwart any shipment that may have had a faulty board. Due to this issue, we are also not getting the quantity of dna 40 chips that we require on a weekly basis to keep up with the demand. Evolv is doing everything they can do on their end to get us back up to speed and meet our demands. Due to these unforeseen issues, our usual speed of fulfillment and delivery has been compromised and we are doing everything in our power to get as many devices out as quickly as possible. We sincerely apologize for not being able to deliver the product you ordered on time. Please be patient with us as we are doing our best and will ship your device as soon as possible.
We really appreciate your business and while we would love nothing more than to get these devices in your hands today, we want to assure ourselves that the product we are sending you is free of any screen readout defect and fully meeting our quality expectations.
In light of this, we understand that you may not want to wait longer than the initially expected time frame and would instead prefer a full refund. If this is the case, please let us know and we will gladly issue you one (typical refund turnaround time is 3-5 days). However, if you do decide to wait you can hold your position in line for the rDNA 40 and be assured that you or your loved ones will receive one of the market's best devices and that it has been quality tested and approved!
Regardless of your decision, we appreciate your business and from the bottom of our hearts apologize for this unforeseen inconvenience. More over, we appreciate your patience!"

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
Don't mess with my silica... lol

Unfortunately for you and I, ToBeCo has NOT made a Kayfun V4 Clone yet. They are only thinking about cloning Kayfun V4 right now. They are just testing market demand by advertising their NON Existing V4 Clone. IMHO

That's the feeling I've got after talking, via Skype, with one of ToBeCo sales representatives last night. Of course, the Rep. neither confirmed, or denied the fact that ToBeCo didn't yet successfully clone Kayfun V4.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Unfortunately for you and I, ToBeCo has NOT made a Kayfun V4 Clone yet. They are only thinking about cloning Kayfun V4 right now. They are just testing market demand by advertising their NON Existing V4 Clone. IMHO

That's the feeling I've got after talking, via Skype, with one of ToBeCo sales representatives last night. Of course, the Rep. neither confirmed, or denied the fact that ToBeCo didn't yet successfully clone Kayfun V4.
I highly doubt it's a matter of "being able to" and more a matter of "how many potential customers willing to pay the stated price are out there to justify the investment".

They can copy anything. Question is, will it be profitable (read as cost effective)? That's what is going through their minds right now.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my GT-I9195 through Tapatalk

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Lol, no problem man, not trying to show off, sorry if it appeared that way :facepalm:. I am just saying that if anyone is hesitant to go from KFL to KF4, do it. For me at least it is worth it. Now that's on topic :D

No worries, no worries. I don't think you are 'showing off' and I hope no one else does either <looks around with a grimace>. Just razzin' ya a little.

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Looks like I'm not going to get my rDNA40 Vapor Shark before the Holydays: :(

"As you may know, a small percentage of the Evolv boards that drive our device have had a quality control issue in regards to the screen readout becoming grainy or scrambled. While this issue has been addressed and resolved with Evolv, we are having our Quality Control Team hand-check each device prior to sending it out to you in efforts to thwart any shipment that may have had a faulty board. Due to this issue, we are also not getting the quantity of DNA 40 chips that we require on a weekly basis to keep up with the demand. Evolv is doing everything they can do on their end to get us back up to speed and meet our demands. Due to these unforeseen issues, our usual speed of fulfillment and delivery has been compromised and we are doing everything in our power to get as many devices out as quickly as possible. We sincerely apologize for not being able to deliver the product you ordered on time. Please be patient with us as we are doing our best and will ship your device as soon as possible.
We really appreciate your business and while we would love nothing more than to get these devices in your hands today, we want to assure ourselves that the product we are sending you is free of any screen readout defect and fully meeting our quality expectations.
In light of this, we understand that you may not want to wait longer than the initially expected time frame and would instead prefer a full refund. If this is the case, please let us know and we will gladly issue you one (typical refund turnaround time is 3-5 days). However, if you do decide to wait you can hold your position in line for the rDNA 40 and be assured that you or your loved ones will receive one of the market's best devices and that it has been quality tested and approved!
Regardless of your decision, we appreciate your business and from the bottom of our hearts apologize for this unforeseen inconvenience. More over, we appreciate your patience!"

ouch... makes me want to see if they could use a little help with automation and computer vision to speed things up! (unless it's an issue with soldering the screen,... they could always attach probes to the output and just read that anyway)

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I have a lot of hardware but the hand seems to want to always reach for this, the little vape that could.
10407724_913546342002924_8461558910622393328_n.jpg

Snapdragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Alberta, Canada

VaporTekUSA says the expected release date by Tobeco is Dec. 17

Kayfun V4 by Tobeco w/ Extra Bell Cap - Vapor Tek USA

- but some of the details are kinda sketchy .........

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
So I've been wondering why my K4 isn't here yet so I email Intaste to provide me with my tracking number and am told it's not been shipped yet 'cause there's this law in the EU that they can only ship 3000 Euros worth of stuff to each country per day. I ordered last Monday morning PST. Offered a refund if I wanted, I'm waiting for it instead. TGT II arrives today, I'll suffer through it I guess.

mbzdyk

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
SW Chicago
Just an idea that worked for me. KFL is difficult to open up due to the center pin being a choke point. There is plenty of room between the center pin and the body to carry more air. Well, I drilled a intake hole near the top of the center pin just below where it comes in contact with the top insulator. And now my pin has 3 intake holes. 2 near the bottom, and one near the top. The mod made a noticeable difference.

Not sure if this has been tried before, Just throwing it out in case it will help someone.

BTW: to drill out the hole, first I needed to grind a pilot dimple in the pin with my dremel and a diamond tip so the drill bit would be stable. And than I chased the main hole with a drill bit to remove any ridges that I created while drilling the intake hole

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Just an idea that worked for me. KFL is difficult to open up due to the center pin being a choke point. There is plenty of room between the center pin and the body to carry more air. Well, I drilled a intake hole near the top of the center pin just below where it comes in contact with the top insulator. And now my pin has 3 intake holes. 2 near the bottom, and one near the top. The mod made a noticeable difference.

Not sure if this has been tried before, Just throwing it out in case it will help someone.

BTW: to drill out the hole, first I needed to grind a pilot dimple in the pin with my dremel and a diamond tip so the drill bit would be stable. And than I chased the main hole with a drill bit to remove any ridges that I created while drilling the intake hole

I hope that you're going to post a picture of what you just said. :pop:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA

Got any pics? I would like to see what you did also

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
That's actually a brilliant idea. Enlarger the orginal air hole makes the pin too weak but adding more holes should keep the pin more solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread