Status
Not open for further replies.

mbzdyk

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
SW Chicago
That's actually a brilliant idea. Enlarger the orginal air hole makes the pin too weak but adding more holes should keep the pin more solid.

Still trying to empty the tank :) When I did the mod I put a fresh coil and wick on it. (trying to get something out of my hard work)
But that's only part of the idea.
The insulators create a useless space between the pin and the base wall. By drilling a hole in the pin just below the top insulator meets it I am using the useless space as an additional air channel.
Granted, there is still a choke past the insulator and the positive block, but it is much shorter, so much less friction, and better flow
In a sense. Same straw just much shorter.

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
no, it's complete garbage. search for my review.

Oh I concur...I was also scammed out of $10 by SLVRBCK on eBay for this pin...
It arrived super late, and didn't work right off the bat.
Upon contacting the "creators" I was told I had to modify if by spreading the arms to make them grab onto the block...also that I needed to "find something small to use as a spacer on the head of the pin"...
All in all, I never worked, because the KFL was designed with a certain amount of airflow in mind...trying to modify that will only result in less than perfect results!

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
Oh I concur...I was also scammed out of $10 by SLVRBCK on eBay for this pin...
It arrived super late, and didn't work right off the bat.
Upon contacting the "creators" I was told I had to modify if by spreading the arms to make them grab onto the block...also that I needed to "find something small to use as a spacer on the head of the pin"...
All in all, I never worked, because the KFL was designed with a certain amount of airflow in mind...trying to modify that will only result in less than perfect results!

Allow me to disagree with you there. Yes, cutting the center pin like it was described above was a failure. But replacing that pin with a larger one (with larger hole) actually works very well. Eleaf Lemo is designed that way, it has 3.0mm air hole in the center. I modified both Kayfun 3.1ES and Kayfun Lite with 2.7mm air hole and they both work fine.

ZqAAJvz.jpg

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
Last edited by a moderator:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
So I've been wondering why my K4 isn't here yet so I email Intaste to provide me with my tracking number and am told it's not been shipped yet 'cause there's this law in the EU that they can only ship 3000 Euros worth of stuff to each country per day. I ordered last Monday morning PST. Offered a refund if I wanted, I'm waiting for it instead. TGT II arrives today, I'll suffer through it I guess.

I starting to become suspicious as if they even have them in stock, if it ships at the same time Cloud9 gets them back in then I will be really suspicious.
Paid on the 8th.
Intaste is showing them as not available (now) so... well what can I say
End of rant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread