Not open for further replies.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I was just looking at Intaste for the LITE manual. I have it on my CPU, but can not find it at Intaste. It is required reading for all owners. It will tell you dry hits and good trouble shooting section. It also shows how the top coil hold down will move, when coiling device. It is common & has been addressed in this (short) thread. Also shows the break down of parts & names. I need to recoil my 1st Lite, its been 2 months now... No problems, i just think i am bored. Have a great day & enjoy the clouds.

KFL - manual Download file KL_UserManual_ENG.pdf

That site seems to want to take my money before allowing me to do anything. Qorax provided the link a few pages ago that works for me. I've since discovered that it is the same link provided on the svoemesto site/forum page. The forum page has larger photos than the PDF version.

Forum:
Kayfun Lite - User Manual (English)
PDF:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5440288/SM/KL_UserManual/KL_UserManual_ENG.pdf

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Guys, I'm seriously considering this device and have been reading about it for a little while. I hate my ZAP. It's just too much of PITA for me to deal with. I noticed some folks have dropped their device and it still works. Is it that durable? Can you fall asleep in bed with it and wake up the next morning to find it completely together and no juice leaks? I noticed one post somewhere that said they don't like to travel with it. Can you throw it in your pocket or lay it on it's side? I'd be using this with a Provari by the way. Thanks.

Mine leaked through the air hole this summer when going from air conditioning outdoors to 85+ degrees F weather. I finally read the manual and, sure enough, it says:

Leaks may also happen when ambient temperature and/or pressure changes abruptly, for example when you walk into a heated room from the cold or in an airplane during takeoff/landing. It may even happen during rapid ascent/descent in express elevator.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
To the guy who has the zap and is getting tired of it.. take that mesh or ceramic out of it... take the insulator out of the wick hole and put a micro coil and cotton in it... the zap is perfect for a micro with cotton because you can pull the cotton down through the coil and down into the tank section with the tank off the device.. then slide the tank back on. You'll love your zap! The pic below isn't a zap but the concept is the same.

I did the same thing to my RSST back when the micro coil threads were young. The last two times I rewicked it, I did not pull the cotton through the coil. I wrapped it around the outside of the coil instead. It works just as well and is a little easier to rewick.

Lord Vaako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
CT
I did the same thing to my RSST back when the micro coil threads were young. The last two times I rewicked it, I did not pull the cotton through the coil. I wrapped it around the outside of the coil instead. It works just as well and is a little easier to rewick.

I was really intrigued by this set up (pic from above). I'm sure there is something out there somewhere showing you how to get it configured. I'm just picturing a cotton ball in my head and trying to figure out how the hell they got it to look like that lol.

VarosVapor

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
I was really intrigued by this set up (pic from above). I'm sure there is something out there somewhere showing you how to get it configured. I'm just picturing a cotton ball in my head and trying to figure out how the hell they got it to look like that lol.

I have done the same to my RSST. Get some organic cotton balls from CVS and unroll them into a strip. Split the strip into thirds and just start rolling it into a roll. I wet it with juice and then twist it into the coil and down into the tank. Just trim off the excess at the top of the coil so it won't burn and you can even push it into the tank with a paper clip. Basically you are imitating the shape and orientation of the SS mesh wick. I drilled out the air hole in the top to 2mm and wow! Just need to replace the wick every day but it is a snap. Experiment with it and you won't be disappointed. This made me. Ring my RSST out of retirement (grew tired of dealing with the mesh wicks).

VarosVapor

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
You have to replace it every day??? This is definitely not for me lol. I've got a completely unused zap and one that I've used lightly that I'm probably going to part ways with. I thought that maybe this was going to be a way to make it more user friendly and less of a maintenance queen.

That's just me because I was experimenting and changing juice. Give this a try you could get a few days out of it. It is really easy to rework on a solid micro coil.

This was my first attempt, needed to push it down further to get the excess on top into the coil:

4ezy8abu.jpg

VarosVapor

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
So what would you guys recommend for the amount of wick to order for say two KFL's? I was thinking 25' might be good to start with.

I bought 7 feet of 2mm silica to start, you only need about 3 - 4 inches per coil and that gives you lots of excess.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
So what would you guys recommend for the amount of wick to order for say two KFL's? I was thinking 25' might be good to start with.

If you're talking about silica wick, I would order much less. Especially if you want to try the cotton wicks. I only change out the wick in my KFL once a week or when changing juice flavors. I ran my first wick much longer before I felt a need to change it.

I change the RSST wick more often, but that may be because I switch flavors in it more often. I definitely don't change it daily.

ETA:
I suggest less silica because, as Motorbtr mentioned, you only need a few inches AND it lasts a long time before requiring replacement. You can rinse and dry burn old juice or flavors many times before replacing it.

Last edited:

VarosVapor

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran

This is one of the simpler methods I saw, he used eckowool but I did the same technique with silica. You can see how little you need:

http://youtu.be/Q2Cb-4ardzo

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

That's fine Lord. If you get 1mm silica you'll use about 3 - 4" per wick (you'll be putting several strands in the coil. A silica wick lasts a long time.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
There was a guy on ebay, lightning vapes I think that I bought 7' of wick plus 25' of Kanthal for something like $6 shipped. More then enough to get you going for a while Lord.

That's where I got it from. I linked it for Lord earlier today. They're as cheap as it gets for wire. The silica not so much but it's one-stop shopping. :)

I think Lord should use silica. She doesn't seem to want to fuss too much. A silica wick is durable. When she gets her wire we'll get her to make a good/durable microcoil too.

VarosVapor

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
That's where I got it from. I linked it for Lord earlier today. They're as cheap as it gets for wire. The silica not so much but it's one-stop shopping. :)

I think Lord should use silica. She doesn't seem to want to fuss too much. A silica wick is durable. When she gets her wire we'll get her to make a good/durable microcoil too.

What gauge silica do you use?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
What gauge silica do you use?

I have 1mm silica. I double it up, grab from the center and pull it through my coil with a fish tape made of Kanthal. Yield = 4 strands. The microcoil I make is 2mm (inside diameter) exactly, 30ga Kanthal, 10 wraps. It's a tight fit but it doesn't produce dry hits.

Keep in mind, I use a regulated mod (Provari) so I am running at 1.8 ohms.

VarosVapor

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
I have 1mm silica. I double it up, grab from the center and pull it through my coil with a fish tape made of Kanthal. Yield = 4 strands. The microcoil I make is 2mm (inside diameter) exactly, 30ga Kanthal, 10 wraps. It's a tight fit but it doesn't produce dry hits.

Keep in mind, I use a regulated mod (Provari) so I am running at 1.8 ohms.

I have not used a micro coil on the Kayfun yet, could not fish the 2mm. I am going to give your set up a try on my next wick order. Don't have to keep recoiling then. Had it on my Provari but the I put it on a Sigelei #8 (not top line but it looks good) mech with an Orbtronic battery and get good results at 1.3 ohms. My Provari won't fire it above 4.2 volts. May go to 1 ohm and keep it on the mech

ezeza5yq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread